talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sack Race 2018-19

Premier League Sack Race 2018-19  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the first to leave their club?

• Mark Hughes (Southampton)
    • Javi Gracia (Watford)
    • Roy Hodgson (Crystal Palace)
    • Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
    • Claude Puel (Leicester)
    • Chris Hughton (Brighton)
    • Neil Warnock (Cardiff)
    • Other

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Puel is absolutely gash, surprised he got another Premier League job after being rather glum with Southampton. 

Despite my views on Leicester, I think he's gone.

Despite?

Surely it goes hand in hand with your views on us xD 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Henry said he wants to go into management but perhaps he fancies working alongside Roberto at Leicester? The thing is, Henry isn't assistant at Belgium, Greham Jones who is a long-term partner of Martinez is so I don't know how this partnership would come about.

Don't have a source but my mum was saying earlier that Jones has left to join the backroom staff at a football league club or something.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Already rumours from one of the papers last night that Claude Puel will be sacked and replaced with Roberto Martinez and Thierry Henry.

Would be absolutely ridiculous if true. I'm not hugely for or against Puel but you can't give him a pre-season then sack him this early. 

I wonder how long David Wagner has got. Yeah, Huddersfield fans love him and he’s done phenomenal things there but we know Football is a business and staying in the Premier League is incredibly lucrative and after conceding nine in two games, granted it’s Chelsea and City, its a big goal difference that needs turning around and with games against Cardiff, Everton, Palace, Leicester and Tottenham in the next month or so, there’s a real chance they could be cut adrift by October. 

Just been on BBC ... A senior Manchester Utd source has categorically denied that Mourinhos job is under threat. When asked whether ZZ was under consideration to replace the moaning little shit the source responded, "why would we consider Zidane when there isn't even a job available for him here?".

Music to my ears. Give the man an extension :D

• Subscriber

Prices all seem quite reasonable to me. I still wouldn't rule Puel out if we nosedived, which is plausible as we've got Liverpool, then Bournemouth who we never beat.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Mark Hughes for me, going under the radar because of United but he's losing it too. Head's gone and coming up with insane reasons for being shite. 

Gone by Xmas along with Jose and Pellegrini.

They've started very badly as I thought they would. One point from us two and Burnley, two of those at home, lucky by all accounts to get the point they did.

They're in trouble to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
52 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pellegrini would be due fifthteen million in compensation if he gets sacked so don't be surprised if he starts Fabianski upfront next game.

xD making 2015-2017 Everton look competent at every turn, keep it up Hammers.

On 06/09/2018 at 02:19, Dan said:

How do they do it? Genuinely, how do they manage it every year?

Well the fans got what they wanted. A manager with a proven record who has been backed to the heavens financially to build his own team. It will be interesting to see how the fans twist this on their owners over time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

If we make it through to Monday night without any triggers being pulled that's 10 full matchdays without a manager getting sacked.

A few of them getting close now, Mourinho (2/1), Jokanovic (5/2) and Puel (5/1) among the favourites. Not that it's a priority in any way but I doubt we'll see movement at Leicester given yesterday's horrific news.

For me Jokanovic is a good price there. United have at least shown signs of redemption in recent weeks and a positive result against Everton today will keep Mourinho going whereas Fulham look totally awful and their captain losing his discipline too yesterday, their next three games are all away at City (Carabao Cup), Huddersfield and Liverpool.

Our elected pre season favourite Gracia is now out to 50/1 xD.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived