• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Premier League Top Goalscorer 2018-19

Premier League Top Goalscorer 2018-19  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Golden Boot in England this season?

    • Harry Kane
    • Mohamed Salah
    • Sergio Aguero
    • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Gabriel Jesus
      0
    • Alexandre Lacazette
      0
    • Alvaro Morata
    • Other


Recommended Posts

This time odds come from Bet365:

11/4 - Harry Kane

4/1 - Mohamed Salah

7/1 - Sergio Aguero and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

10/1 - Romelu Lukaku

12/1 - Gabriel Jesus

25/1 - Alexandre Lacazette

33/1 - Alvaro Morata, Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez

40/1 - Jamie Vardy

50/1 - Roberto Firmino, Olivier Giroud and Marko Arnautovic

66/1 - Marcus Rashford, Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling and Riyad Mahrez

80/1 - Sadio Mane, Kelechi Iheanacho, Anthony Martial, Charlie Austin, Heung-Min Son, Callum Wilson, Raul Jimenez and Wilfried Zaha

100/1 - Christian Benteke, Javier Hernandez, Dele Alli, Cenk Tosun, Bernardo Silva, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Paul Pogba, Jermain Defoe, Christian Eriksen, Kevin De Bruyne, Danny Welbeck, Aaron Ramsey, David Silva, Ryan Sessegnon, Willian and Theo Walcott

 

Should cover all bases there. Kane is obviously the smart bet, I don't know if Salah will score quite as many as last season, for me Lukaku looks like pretty good value at 10/1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was gonna start this next week. Beat me to it.

I think Kane has it in the bag again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mo has it in the bag again. 

Either him or Kane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see it being anyone other than Kane, Salah or Aguero if he plays enough games.

Where's the 50/1 for Firmino? I think that could be a decent e/w bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can't see it being anyone other than Kane, Salah or Aguero if he plays enough games.

Where's the 50/1 for Firmino? I think that could be a decent e/w bet

Those all bet365 apparently though they've come from the oddschecker website not directly from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Those all bet365 apparently though they've come from the oddschecker website not directly from them.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Salah will score quite as many, but Kane will do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd imagine Aubameyang might try to spoil the party this year but Kane is the best choice without knowing much considering his consistent form and the fact that he doesn't spend a lot of time off the pitch like Aguero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most - if not all strikers need a supply from midfield or the wingers.  Man City have the perfect set up so their key striker(s) will be in there if they stay fit.  If Deli is on form the Mr Kane should do well but he could still be good enough on his own to be a contender.  Not sure who Roy will play up front as a regular, but if my young friend Max is given the chance to play his natural game, there will be lots of chances for Palace. There are lots of stories  about the German players comparing him with some of the superstars - hopefully he will get the chance to show why they think so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Aguero stays fit he has a great chance with the service he gets, even Ederson has set one up for him xD

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If Aguero stays fit he has a great chance with the service he gets, even Ederson has set one up for him xD

can see Ederson doing that more than a few times this season. Distribution is superb. You don't need Mahrez with assists like that so you can send him back :117_eyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

can see Ederson doing that more than a few times this season. Distribution is superb. You don't need Mahrez with assists like that so you can send him back :117_eyes:

Long ball over the top, we starting to play like Stoke :ph34r:  ..Mahrez is an expensive sub, great player but buying him was overkill when we normally have Bernardo Silva sat on the bench too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God forbid City actually landed Jorginho. We did the league a favor in that regard. The man is elite in every sense and it would be scary to think what City could be if they had him distributing the way Guardiola had Xavi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

God forbid City actually landed Jorginho. We did the league a favor in that regard. The man is elite in every sense and it would be scary to think what City could be if they had him distributing the way Guardiola had Xavi. 

I don't think Jorginho has looked elite at all. Good player with the ball granted but elite? Not for me. He certainly doesn't look elite without the ball and certainly not when under pressure. Chelsea were at times getting carved open like a joint of meat and Jorginho was at the base of midfield. Not a good sign in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think Jorginho has looked elite at all. Good player with the ball granted but elite? Not for me. He certainly doesn't look elite without the ball and certainly not when under pressure. Chelsea were at times getting carved open like a joint of meat and Jorginho was at the base of midfield. Not a good sign in my opinion. 

Think every one of our midfielders, even Kante who excels off the ball, are guilty of allowing so many gaps in the middle. To blame Jorginho alone is poor. The Arsenal game was a prime example of our midfield merely ball watching crosses come in instead of marking an open man. This isn't something that can't be improved on. We are in transition. 

On the ball however, Jorginho is elite. You can understand why Pep wanted him so bad given his intelligence on the ball and his quick distribution. We completed the most passes and had the highest possession these past opening two games out of any club in the league. Jorginho had a 100 touches against Arsenal. He is so vital to how we play and I shutter to think how Pep would have utilised him in a team that isn't in transition. We are moving the ball better than we've ever had. And it's been two games! 

Also, he is incredibly composed under pressure. 

 

Edited by Cicero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to say this every year but Aguero often gets overlooked as one of the top forwards in the world because shiny new talents like Griezmann, Richarlison and Kane have burst onto the scene. Aguero just turns up every season, scores a few hattricks, a trophy winning goal here and there and just doesn't make a fuss.

World class striker and a perfect fit for Manchester City still. Gabriel Jesus still has plenty of catching up to do and a lot to prove in my eyes. I definitely think that losing Aguero for 3 months would be a significantly bigger blow than missing De Bruyne. City would probably still be fine without either of them though such is their goalscoring potential in Jesus, Sane, B Silva, D Silva and Sterling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2018 at 22:11, Stan said:

was gonna start this next week. Beat me to it.

I think Kane has it in the bag again. 

 

On 18/07/2018 at 22:12, LFCMadLad said:

I think Mo has it in the bag again. 

Either him or Kane. 

Either of them or of course Aguero... 

These 3 players probably have some of the best service available in the league and to be fair they make it count... can't see anyone beyond them battling it out this season... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What are the odds on Mane being top scorer?

Currently best price 14/1. He was 66/1 before the start of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richarlison is 66/1 now apparently. Not that he'll get it but I wonder what his odds were before. He said today or yesterday he wants to compete for top scorer with Salah and Kane xD no idea in what context though. Mostly just a naive young footballer not used to the publicity giving answers to questions that can be twisted into cheap clickbait headlines like that though no doubt.

The odds are quite close at the moment. Good time to get on one of them if you have a confident pick.

Kane and Aguero at 10/3 each with Salah at 4/1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Richarlison is 66/1 now apparently. Not that he'll get it but I wonder what his odds were before. He said today or yesterday he wants to compete for top scorer with Salah and Kane xD no idea in what context though. Mostly just a naive young footballer not used to the publicity giving answers to questions that can be twisted into cheap clickbait headlines like that though no doubt.

The odds are quite close at the moment. Good time to get on one of them if you have a confident pick.

Kane and Aguero at 10/3 each with Salah at 4/1.

Nothing wrong with a player having a bit of confidence in themselves, especially when they're pretty young like he is. Why wouldn't he want to keep up his scoring after 2 matches? I don't think it's been twisted into a cheap clickbait title... yet at least... because this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Good on him for having a little confidence and being a little ambitious, even if he's a blueshite cunt.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nothing wrong with a player having a bit of confidence in themselves, especially when they're pretty young like he is. Why wouldn't he want to keep up his scoring after 2 matches? I don't think it's been twisted into a cheap clickbait title... yet at least... because this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Good on him for having a little confidence and being a little ambitious, even if he's a blueshite cunt.

Couldn't just end it at the first paragraph could you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aguero has only ever won it once which is really poor for such a talented striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Aguero has only ever won it once which is really poor for such a talented striker.

It would have been more I reckon had it not been for injuries constantly breaking his rhythm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It would have been more I reckon had it not been for injuries constantly breaking his rhythm. 

And the constant rotation with Dzeko, Balotelli, Negredo, Jesus etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It would have been more I reckon had it not been for injuries constantly breaking his rhythm. 

 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

And the constant rotation with Dzeko, Balotelli, Negredo, Jesus etc. 

If you think as well that unlike  with Liverpool and Spurs for example both Salah and Kane are their first choice players so they do get plenty of game time in comparison to Aguero and also so far have not suffered any serious injury setbacks.. For the time he does get when he gets it he is pretty deadly.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement