talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Maguire to Remain at Leicester

His value has no doubt doubled this summer.

I want him to stay at Leicester for another year for his own benefit. If he does go however I imagine Leicester would sign Alfie Mawson or Ben Gibson as a replacement and it will be seen as no big loss really as they develop another version of him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'd love us to keep Maguire and still sign Mawson or Gibson.

A back 3 of Maguire/Evans/one of the above would be decent. 

Can't see us selling Maguire right now unless he pushes for a move and throws a hissy fit like Mahrez did. 

Would be a shame to lose Maguire after only one season. He's said he's happy to stay and continue playing with us though.

If Van Dijk goes for £75m then Maguire should go for similar (especially after a good World Cup). Neither of them have won anything ever but both have made significant improvements to the team they joined. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'd love us to keep Maguire and still sign Mawson or Gibson.

A back 3 of Maguire/Evans/one of the above would be decent. 

Can't see us selling Maguire right now unless he pushes for a move and throws a hissy fit like Mahrez did. 

Would be a shame to lose Maguire after only one season. He's said he's happy to stay and continue playing with us though.

If Van Dijk goes for £75m then Maguire should go for similar (especially after a good World Cup). Neither of them have won anything ever but both have made significant improvements to the team they joined. 

That last paragraph though xD

Really Stan?

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not a ninja emoji in sight, what a shocker Stan has had here. 

Very interested in Maguire & Leicester, you. Obsessed some might say.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I don't think Maguire was THAT good, he's too good to be fighting relegation this year. 

HORRENDOUS ATTEMPT. WHERE'S THE NEG REP WAH WAH WAH

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s not going to Everton though 🤔

you're not allowed to banter Everton. FFS.

I reckon Ferguson would have loved him and turned him in to some player. 

He's a cheaper and less talented version of Alderweireld, who i imagine is still their first choice target.

Alderweireld to United, Maguire to Tottenham and then Mawson and/or Gibson to Leicester could be a domino effect from all of this. They're leaving it late though.

It doesn't seem in Maguire's character to force a move, but then again that's why he has an agent.

Please go through. Apparently, due to a new rule, we would get a 3rd type of sell on fee, the academy club of 'said player' gets a chunk of the transfer still, regardless of the one already recieved from Leicester. :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DNA said:

Please go through. Apparently, due to a new rule, we would get a 3rd type of sell on fee, the academy club of 'said player' gets a chunk of the transfer still, regardless of the one already recieved from Leicester. :D

I used to like you. 

• Subscriber

I don't think it'll happen. Said at the start of the summer this was a very predictable link. I think £65mil is more than he's worth but he ticks both the boxes of being English and having a decent World Cup, two premiums in one.

We will stand firm on this one and Maguire won't kick off, though I expect him to go probably in a year.

Man Utd to sign Maguire, sack Mourinho in February, appoint a manager that wants to play with a high line and with Maguire then moving on in January 2020. I can see it happening.

I think it's getting too late in to the transfer window for something to happen now.

That said, I think it is in Leicester's best interests now to consider suitable alternatives. You imagine with the stubbornness of Manchetser United that they will try to sign him again. If not, then a Chelsea or a Tottenham may consider him. 

So really it's about looking for the next Harry Maguire now. Burnley may have the appeal of European football but it would take a monumental effort for them to achieve the same feat again. This could lead to James Tarkowski or Ben Mee being available.

There's also a host of decent English defenders who could progress nicely at Leicester like Harry Maguire has done. Ben Gibson, Craig Dawson, Lewis Dunk, possibly even Jake Cooper. It's just about identifying the ideal replacement.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it's getting too late in to the transfer window for something to happen now.

That said, I think it is in Leicester's best interests now to consider suitable alternatives. You imagine with the stubbornness of Manchetser United that they will try to sign him again. If not, then a Chelsea or a Tottenham may consider him. 

So really it's about looking for the next Harry Maguire now. Burnley may have the appeal of European football but it would take a monumental effort for them to achieve the same feat again. This could lead to James Tarkowski or Ben Mee being available.

There's also a host of decent English defenders who could progress nicely at Leicester like Harry Maguire has done. Ben Gibson, Craig Dawson, Lewis Dunk, possibly even Jake Cooper. It's just about identifying the ideal replacement.

I really wanted Alfie Mawson whether we were selling Maguire or not :( 

• The title was changed to Harry Maguire to Remain at Leicester
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived