talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hirving Lozano - Signs For SSC Napoli

Surprised there's not a thread on him already.

What do you think will happen with him this summer?

Is like to see him stay put for another season, but I imagine without another major tournament to express himself he's probably looking at now as the best time to get a big move.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

After a decent World Cup showing I'd expect him to move.

Everton and Barcelona were strongly linked with him before/during.

Not sure if there's any front-runners for him now but he's surely better off leaving PSV now while the proverbial iron is hot.

Having said that, he's only 22. Thought he was older.

• Subscriber

I could have sworn there was a thread for him. We were linked initially when Brands joined us as he brought Lozano over from America to PSV last summer, and there was some sort of comment made by Lozano prior to the World Cup to the effect of "I won't be making any decisions before the World Cup but if Marcel Brands wants me to come to Everton we'll definitely have a conversation". Then during the World Cup there were links to at least Barcelona but now it seems to have gone quiet on all fronts. Doesn't even seem to be mutterings from our fan pages or apparent in the knows.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Hirving Lozano - Linked With Napoli
  • The title was changed to Hirving Lozano - Signs For Napoli

Good signing for Napoli but they've been going for higher end players all summer but never managed to land any unfortunately. They have the money on the transfer side of things but the personal terms is the difficulty as many clubs around Europe are finding out, even the biggest clubs. It's a massive investment.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Good signing for Napoli but they've been going for higher end players all summer but never managed to land any unfortunately. They have the money on the transfer side of things but the personal terms is the difficulty as many clubs around Europe are finding out, even the biggest clubs. It's a massive investment.

The wages are getting crazy, even crazier than before. China paying insane wages to foreign imports, PSG paid wages directly out of Qatar for players, the Premier League saw nearly all it's teams jettison sensible fiscal policy for crazy wages, while few clubs in Spain can keep up and now Italy has the had to apply tax breaks to help it's teams keep up.

Tangent here but look at the Sanchez deal, United to pay 75% of his wages for two seasons while loaned to Inter because Inter can't afford his insane United salary.

The knock on effect here is that players like Lozano are able to ask for at least 60% more than they would have in the past.

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

The wages are getting crazy, even crazier than before. China paying insane wages to foreign imports, PSG paid wages directly out of Qatar for players, the Premier League saw nearly all it's teams jettison sensible fiscal policy for crazy wages, while few clubs in Spain can keep up and now Italy has the had to apply tax breaks to help it's teams keep up.

Tangent here but look at the Sanchez deal, United to pay 75% of his wages for two seasons while loaned to Inter because Inter can't afford his insane United salary.

The knock on effect here is that players like Lozano are able to ask for at least 60% more than they would have in the past.

Ancelotti said this some months back and I can't remember which other big football personality said the same things. It's n longer just competing for the high transfer fees, but then the massive personal terms which are crippling even for the biggest clubs. Barça for example spend 70% of their profit revenue on player wages and we're talking about a club that make over £600m clean profit a year, few earn more if any.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ancelotti said this some months back and I can't remember which other big football personality said the same things. It's n longer just competing for the high transfer fees, but then the massive personal terms which are crippling even for the biggest clubs. Barça for example spend 70% of their profit revenue on player wages and we're talking about a club that make over £600m clean profit a year, few earn more if any.

It's going to change the nature of CapEx and RevEx at football clubs. If anything I highly suspect that paid membership schemes and contractual arrangements ontop of season tickets will advance beyond there current state to bring more money in. I don't think it will be long before clubs begin 'renting' seats, areas of stadia etc for a steady monthly income. 

14 minutes ago, Batard said:

It's going to change the nature of CapEx and RevEx at football clubs. If anything I highly suspect that paid membership schemes and contractual arrangements ontop of season tickets will advance beyond there current state to bring more money in. I don't think it will be long before clubs begin 'renting' seats, areas of stadia etc for a steady monthly income. 

I agree with that. I think we're also soon going to see the return of individual club tv membership subscriptions which will make the clubs even more money.

Archived