talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Expectations For Your Club in 2018/19

football forum

As the title suggests what is your expectation for the season ahead for your club? final position, cup competitions or Europe if your club applies. Fans of every league are welcome to predict (mods can put this thread in the right section if i opened it in the wrong one)

I'd hope for a top 4 position, and to win the Europa League (probably bit too optimistic).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given we complete our "rumored" signings, in Golovin, Rugani, Bailey (wishful thinking) and a GK. Add on to that we keep Hazard, I would expect us to push for the top 4. 

New manager, new system, and a practically new midfield. Reckon we will start off slow, if not struggle in the beginning. We have players to rotate for Europa and the league. The Europa I wouldn't mind winning given we actually properly qualified for it vs getting kicked out of the group stage of the CL. 

That said, finishing in the top 4 and ending the season with a trophy should be the goal. We have enough quality to do so. 

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

With already spending 200 mill without a title everything else is a disaster :ph34r:

We’ve spent like half that? Also at least our big spending is going to lead to some sexy football that you’ll probably enjoy watching. No 11 men behind the ball, wingers turned to fullbacks, parking our bus with this expensive team. We’ll try to win it by playing football that makes you erect.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve spent like half that? Also at least our big spending is going to lead to some sexy football that you’ll probably enjoy watching. No 11 men behind the ball, wingers turned to fullbacks, parking our bus with this expensive team. We’ll try to win it by playing football that makes you erect.

No you haven't? With Alisson you're close to 250 million since January. Add Fekir we are looking at almost 300 million. 

Just now, Cicero said:

No you haven't? With Alisson you're close to 250 million since January. Add Fekir we are looking at almost 300 million. 

We paid for Keita last year & I wasn’t counting January as this seasons spending.

We aren’t signing Fekir though.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We paid for Keita last year & I wasn’t counting January as this seasons spending.

We aren’t signing Fekir though.

In fairness, wasn't the Keita fee only agreed after the season ended?

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yes, in last summer's transfer window. 

I know we paid something last summer but surely we didn't pay anything else until this year because it depended on Leipzig's league position?

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

In fairness, wasn't the Keita fee only agreed after the season ended?

There were 2 possible fees in the agree we struck with RB Leipzig, but the up front payment was the same amount. The final fee, which determines our future payments was determined by if they qualified for the CL.

A season of progression from last season. Unfortunately with Cabaye gone and both Sako and Townsend going that already seems unrealistic.

I imagine I'll still be broken record saying "there's only so many times you can circle around the plughole before you eventually get sucked down" in April. There never seems any long term continuity at the club 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

With Mourinho's 3rd season, I think we all should expect to make top 4 :ph34r:

I’m not so sure, Mourinho doesn’t seem to have the impending pressure he had at Chelsea and Madrid. Did he have a 3rd season at Inter or did he fuck off to Madrid promptly after the CL win? I can’t remember. He didn’t have that imminent pressure there.

He’s a proven winner going up against some very good sides, including a side with seemingly infinitely deep pockets to buy who they want and probably the most influential and best manager of this era. As long as they don’t start not performing pretty well in the league, they’ll probably go on cup runs too and keep his job safe.

But I hope you’re right.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There were 2 possible fees in the agree we struck with RB Leipzig, but the up front payment was the same amount. The final fee, which determines our future payments was determined by if they qualified for the CL.

Ah fair enough. I've obviously read it wrong when we agreed the deal last summer! Ignore me! xD

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m not so sure, Mourinho doesn’t seem to have the impending pressure he had at Chelsea and Madrid. Did he have a 3rd season at Inter or did he fuck off to Madrid promptly after the CL win? I can’t remember. He didn’t have that imminent pressure there.

He’s a proven winner going up against some very good sides, including a side with seemingly infinitely deep pockets to buy who they want and probably the most influential and best manager of this era. As long as they don’t start not performing pretty well in the league, they’ll probably go on cup runs too and keep his job safe.

But I hope you’re right.

United have spent a billion since their last league title, and won nothing last year. 

Safe to say there is pressure 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

United have spent a billion since their last league title, and won nothing last year. 

Safe to say there is pressure 

Yeah but spending isn’t a guarantee of winning anything. At very least you can see they’re keeping ambition high and doing their best to compete, coming second in a year City ran away with it and a cup final.

It’s not like he’s got them regressing at this point. Yeah you obviously have greater expectations when you spend big, but our domestic league is ridiculously competitive and one side was head and shoulders above he rest. And in a cup final you have 2 teams that had to go on a good run, but there can only be one winner - doesn’t mean the loser is totally shite and irredeemable.

I fucking hate United and I think sacking Mourinho for spending a lot and coming close, on the back of another season of progress is just stupid. My biggest criticism of Mourinho is that he’s obviously a brilliant football mind who has an eye for great talent, but he is so naturally inclined for such cowardly tactics. He seems much more negative than his early Chelsea sides as well, which is a shame because his current squad could be asked to play much sexier football. I’d want to see more big expensive sides in the league play positive stuff, even those cunts at United. But he’s a proven winner so he’s got his reasons.

I hate United and Mourinho I can’t believe I’ve just defended them. But I think he’s only deserving the sack if they come lower than 4th. He’s the best they’ve had since Ferguson and he’s improved them each year.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but spending isn’t a guarantee of winning anything. At very least you can see they’re keeping ambition high and doing their best to compete, coming second in a year City ran away with it and a cup final.

It’s not like he’s got them regressing at this point. Yeah you obviously have greater expectations when you spend big, but our domestic league is ridiculously competitive and one side was head and shoulders above he rest. And in a cup final you have 2 teams that had to go on a good run, but there can only be one winner - doesn’t mean the loser is totally shite and irredeemable.

I fucking hate United and I think sacking Mourinho for spending a lot and coming close, on the back of another season of progress is just stupid. My biggest criticism of Mourinho is that he’s obviously a brilliant football mind who has an eye for great talent, but he is so naturally inclined for such cowardly tactics. He seems much more negative than his early Chelsea sides as well, which is a shame because his current squad could be asked to play much sexier football. I’d want to see more big expensive sides in the league play positive stuff, even those cunts at United. But he’s a proven winner so he’s got his reasons.

I hate United and Mourinho I can’t believe I’ve just defended them. But I think he’s only deserving the sack if they come lower than 4th. He’s the best they’ve had since Ferguson and he’s improved them each year.

All true points. Still think Mourinho's 3rd season syndrome has become an inevitable at this rate. All the signs are there as well. Vast divide among fans wanting Mourinho to stay vs wanting him gone. Horrid football. Wasting attacking talent. Poor transfer market activity. Mourinho constantly whining in the public about his admiration of players that the club can't get for him. 

Literally is like clockwork. I've said it a while back that United would of been far better off not extending his contract whilst doing everything possible to get Jardim. The man is built for Manchester United. 

• The title was changed to Expectations For Your Club in 2018/19
  • Administrator

Challenge for Europe. Improve on last season's tame push for Europe and actually contend for it instead of being on the outskirts of it and making a poor attempt at getting there.

Successful cup run - League Cup or FA Cup, not fussed - would prefer latter as we've never won it.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

TRUST THE PROCESS 

Unlike Chelsea fans, who quickly jump on the bandwagon of the new flavor of the month coach, I trust my coach. 

Two of Mou's most criticized player Lukaku and Pogba just had an amazing world cup (both player top five IMO). Fellaini also had a decent world cup, it's time us fans put the lame ass fake hate on ignore and enjoy what the process is about to deliver

and the other 3 are De Gea, Romero and Taibi I guess?

Archived