talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've added goalscorer dividends (on a trial basis) and in doing so completely changed the game. Everyone is now selling their long term holds and putting money into whoever they fancy to bag a couple on the matchday. It's made things very volatile, with big rises and falls depending on if a player scores or not. It's become more like straight up betting on goalscorers rather than building something in which you see future growth. A lot of people aren't happy with them moving the goalposts and are taking out their money...I'm gonna stick around in the hope that they fix this, but if things carry on as they are I might be tempted to leave. My portfolio had been steadily growing for 2 months, but took a hit when this was announced. It's slowly creeping back up again now, we'll see what happens...

• Subscriber

That's fucking annoying. Expect mine to nosedive now.

I've bought too many players who are gambles to be honest. Players like Bissouma aren't necessarily going to make it.

On 26/09/2018 at 16:12, ...Dan said:

Fode Ballo-Toure at 67p is great value. Twenty one year old left back starting for Lille who are looking good this season, and he seems to have improved a lot since last season. I have no money left to buy him at the moment, but he's next on my list I think.

Up to 93p tonight. :D

In the last few weeks I've got 82 Borja Iglesias futures (bought at 96p, now up to 1.45) and 99 Mario Hermoso futures (bought at 1.34, now 1.64).

My latest cheap players I'm waiting for a rise on are Oscar Melendo (up 3 so far to 65p) and Toni Villa (up 2 so far to 70p)

• Subscriber

I think I need to cash in on Maddison when he next darts up. Quite shocked at quite how much he's dropped again. Think he's got it in his locker to shoot back up though.

He'll give me a significant amount of money to play with as well.

As I said above, I took my money out after the initial buzz died off. In two or so months that I used Football Index, I grew my portfolio by roughly 10%.

I put £140 into Betfair on Saturday and at the time of posting, I’ve increased that by just under 16% to £162. I was hoping for 10% for the month so to be above that five days later is superb. 

On 29/10/2018 at 22:11, ...Dan said:

Up to 93p tonight. :D

In the last few weeks I've got 82 Borja Iglesias futures (bought at 96p, now up to 1.45) and 99 Mario Hermoso futures (bought at 1.34, now 1.64).

My latest cheap players I'm waiting for a rise on are Oscar Melendo (up 3 so far to 65p) and Toni Villa (up 2 so far to 70p)

Borja Iglesias is now 1.62, Hermoso 1.95, Melendo 0.74 and Villa 0.83. Over 150 up just on those 4. Hermoso (twice) and Iglesias have won dividends too.

@Dan did you sell Golovin when he went up or did you hold and now regret it? xD I sold a while ago...he's now down at 1.61 and I've lost all faith in Monaco to bounce back...at least for the moment.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Borja Iglesias is now 1.62, Hermoso 1.95, Melendo 0.74 and Villa 0.83. Over 150 up just on those 4. Hermoso (twice) and Iglesias have won dividends too.

@Dan did you sell Golovin when he went up or did you hold and now regret it? xD I sold a while ago...he's now down at 1.61 and I've lost all faith in Monaco to bounce back...at least for the moment.

I feel a bit jinxed tbh, the one player I bought after you recommended and it's just about the only player you've called that's dropped in value xD I've held onto him but I expect him to go up again.

I'm waiting for Maddison to hit 4.00+ again so I can just flog him and buy some others. I don't think he's going to rise much above that any time soon. He's due a good game or two as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So they’ve announced a share split on Football Index, which I believe is going to divide the price of all players on the index by four (so Neymar is £20 per future and will drop to £5 per future) in March. 

I presume dividends will divide by four as well, thus reducing income. 

I’m tempted to stick £100 back in this for the split and to stick most of it in the “big” names on the Index in Neymar and Pogba and just sit on them. Quite fancy getting into Vinicius Jr at Real and Sancho are Dortmund as well and just holding them because they should, in time, return to the prices they’re at now.

I have read a bit more into this week what with being bored at work and I find the performance buzz stuff a bit daft. You’ve got five major leagues on there and approximately 100 teams so to be able to pick someone, specifically defenders, who are going to succeed in that metric is essentially trying to find a needle in a haystack, I feel, so if I do deposit £100, it will be in the ‘safe’ players rather than trying to discover a so-called “gem”. 

• Subscriber

I'm tempted to do similar @Smiley Culture. I definitely think I've paid the price for trying to be too clever. So for example, I went for Yves Bissouma due to his stats being quite Kante like last year in France, yet ultimately he's not really done anything in England and he's dropped in price.

If I'd just bought the obvious players the money would've rolled in.

The only one this has really worked on is James Maddison. He's the only reason I'm in profit, really.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm tempted to do similar @Smiley Culture. I definitely think I've paid the price for trying to be too clever. So for example, I went for Yves Bissouma due to his stats being quite Kante like last year in France, yet ultimately he's not really done anything in England and he's dropped in price.

If I'd just bought the obvious players the money would've rolled in.

The only one this has really worked on is James Maddison. He's the only reason I'm in profit, really.

Tracked the dividend winners since the 28th Jan and you’ve had two players win the media buzz (Ivan Perisic and Denis Suarez) and there’s been four of those five days where there’s been games and performance buzz has been in play. 

With the performance buzz, the star player has also been the top player in their respective position and there’s not really any ‘big’ players or even players from ‘big’ clubs who’ve won it over the past five days, barring probably Danny Rose. You’ve had winners from Rayo Vallecano, Genoa, St Ettiene, Lille and Fulham, so I think it’s not a ludicrous statement I made above that playing for dividends in the performance buzz metric is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think you’re playing a higher risk strategy if that’s what road you want to go down. I suppose if there is one or two games on its a route you might take but I don’t really see it working out long term. 

• Subscriber

I've not really done a great deal with mine in a while, simply thought I'd wait on a few that I bought and while I'm keeping them as there's no harm in it, it's not really doing a great deal for me.

Annoying that the one time I got on one of @...Dan's recommendations (Golovin) it's practically the only time said player has dropped in value. His portfolio was superb.

25 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've not really done a great deal with mine in a while, simply thought I'd wait on a few that I bought and while I'm keeping them as there's no harm in it, it's not really doing a great deal for me.

Annoying that the one time I got on one of @...Dan's recommendations (Golovin) it's practically the only time said player has dropped in value. His portfolio was superb.

Haha I sold a long time ago and bought again recently. He's scored twice in two games and Monaco are starting to look good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

I recently joined a website that allows you to buy shares in football players. I'll make money when players perform well or if they transfer to better teams. I've seen people quadruple their money by picking a couple good performing players in lower leagues.

So, does anyone have any players they think are rising stars? Any that are from lower leagues that are destined for a bigger teams?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, swood said:

Hey all.

I recently joined a website that allows you to buy shares in football players. I'll make money when players perform well or if they transfer to better teams. I've seen people quadruple their money by picking a couple good performing players in lower leagues.

So, does anyone have any players they think are rising stars? Any that are from lower leagues that are destined for a bigger teams?

Thanks in advance!

Hello.

Welcome to TF365!

What's the website?

Just now, Stan said:

Hello.

Welcome to TF365!

What's the website?

Thanks Stan. It's called Football Index - https://tinyurl.com/y3ot7n83

I've only been on it for about  2 weeks, but grossed £11 so far :). One of my colleagues made over a grand in just over 12 months from a £150 investment So i'm going to buy a few players and leave it for a few month to a year.

We'll see what happens from there

• The topic was pinned

Archived