talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Where's this share split then?

I want to plough a load of money into Sancho and Harvey Barnes. Barnes is still relatively cheap and has quite a high ceiling I feel.

24th of March I think. Details released on the 18th.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

You're waiting for the share split to buy players?

I was thinking that once it splits the players will be a lot cheaper, yet could still grow at a similar rate afterwards due to the growing popularity of FI. Sancho for example is bound to start shooting up again if he went from say, £15.00 a share to £3.75.

I could be well wide of the mark though.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I was thinking that once it splits the players will be a lot cheaper, yet could still grow at a similar rate afterwards due to the growing popularity of FI. Sancho for example is bound to start shooting up again if he went from say, £15.00 a share to £3.75.

Think I’m going to do the same. 

The dividends available to win are to be divided by four too I believe, so they may not shoot up as fast if someone’s winning 3p per share in dividends instead of the current 12p per share. However, the top players won’t stay that low for long and there’s profit to be made. 

Some of the players likely to be at around £1-£1.50 once the split happens are big names and I think there could be some absolute steals in that price range. 

46 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah that's why you should buy before the split. Buying one now is the same as buying 4 after the split...but if you buy now you're in before the rise.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah that's why you should buy before the split. Buying one now is the same as buying 4 after the split...but if you buy now you're in before the rise.

But surely it would cost the same?

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

But surely it would cost the same?

Players are rising right now because of the split. People are buying in anticipation. They know new customers will be more attracted by the new prices. ..so there will be rises. I don't know why anyone would wait until the day. The share split will benefit existing customers more than anyone.

On 01/03/2019 at 19:24, ...Dan said:

I've finally hit £1000 profit. £1700 deposited...portfolio price £2700. Took six months.

Four days later I'm another £160 up. My portfolio is flying in the last couple of weeks.

On 29/10/2018 at 23:54, Dan said:

I think I need to cash in on Maddison when he next darts up. Quite shocked at quite how much he's dropped again. Think he's got it in his locker to shoot back up though.

He'll give me a significant amount of money to play with as well.

Hope you didn't sell.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Hope you didn't sell.

I didn't. I just think it's probably a bit pointless with him likely to end up in the England squad at some point. I think he could have an upturn as well under Rodgers and I'd apply this to a lot of our team.

I've just bought some Youri Tielemans too. He's shown signs so far of the player people hoped he would be. You can tell his quality a mile off.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get £20 into the Index at just after midday yesterday. 

Managed to buy futures the following: 

3x Vinicius Junior @ £3.32 = £9.96

3x Aaron Wan-Bissaka @ £1.37 = £4.11

8x Eric Dier @ £0.25 = £2.00

7x Dujon Sterling @ £0.28 = £1.96

4x Marko Grujic @ £0.45 = £1.80

———

Vinicius is an obvious choice, AWB will have transfer links and an eventual England call-up before the end of the year, I hope Dier will rise around the time of the Nations League and around the start of the Premier League and Champions League, Sterling has played well at Coventry from what I gather and I can see him going abroad or into the Championship and he’s and England Youth International so I’m hoping there’s hype around him and I’ve seen transfer links around Grujic, who’s having a good season on loan at Hertha. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Tielemans absolutely rocketing up for me. What a buy.

Joao Felix already going up.

Odegaard my latest buy. He's getting rave reviews in Holland. Showing some of the promise that made Real Madrid sign him in the first place.

On 24/08/2018 at 16:01, ...Dan said:

I've picked up 19 shares of this guy at 53p. He's performing in Europe, so a club in a top league could spot him, and Genk have all but qualified for the group stages of the EL, so his price will rise if he continues to perform.

He's now 79p post split, that's more than a 300% rise :D

I love this game.

Seen the announcement last night @...Dan? Looks like a good one during what is likely to be a quiet summer match wise, as the Copa America doesn’t earn PB. 

———

Sold Dujon Sterling for an 8.6% profit. Coventry’s season is done and I can’t see him making much of a noise throughout the summer till towards July time, when Chelsea will send him on loan or include him in a few friendlies, so I may well re-visit him. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seen the announcement last night @...Dan? Looks like a good one during what is likely to be a quiet summer match wise, as the Copa America doesn’t earn PB. 

———

Sold Dujon Sterling for an 8.6% profit. Coventry’s season is done and I can’t see him making much of a noise throughout the summer till towards July time, when Chelsea will send him on loan or include him in a few friendlies, so I may well re-visit him. 

Yeah my original reaction was great another change that's gonna make money move from the bottom end (where most of my money is) to the top...but with the bonus as well it looks like everyone's rising because my portfolio's risen quite a bit.

I've been slowly selling off some of my players leaving only players with transfer links in the summer. This isn't the time to hold under the radar young players if they're not likely to move.

Archived