talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

@Stan you still on this? Still hold Trossard?

I don't know if @Dan got on him in the end?

Nah I stopped and took out the (very small) profit I earned, for a variety of reasons.

Trossard was the one player I stuck with until I did stop using it but his value went down somewhat. I didn't feel too comfortable depositing large amounts of money (even if it wasn't as much as you've done) and risking the rewards or not. A certain element of time I feel would need to be used to make sure investments are made wisely and I just didn't have that time.

To be fair to you though, seems like you've nailed it and reaping the rewards!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Eight months into my Football Index journey:

Net deposits: £2000

Portfolio value: £3482

Profit: £1482 (74%)

If only I actually put money in when I orginally discovered FI a couple of years ago.

Have you taken any of that “value” out? Or is it still sat in players in your portfolio, before the Index takes its share?

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Have you taken any of that “value” out? Or is it still sat in players in your portfolio, before the Index takes its share?

No that's before commission...I have no intention of selling up anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah I stopped and took out the (very small) profit I earned, for a variety of reasons.

Trossard was the one player I stuck with until I did stop using it but his value went down somewhat. I didn't feel too comfortable depositing large amounts of money (even if it wasn't as much as you've done) and risking the rewards or not. A certain element of time I feel would need to be used to make sure investments are made wisely and I just didn't have that time.

To be fair to you though, seems like you've nailed it and reaping the rewards!

Oh that's a shame...he's gone up a lot recently with summer coming. Yeah I spend a lot of time on it...I'm happy to see it paying off xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

No that's before commission...I have no intention of selling up anytime soon.

Oh that's a shame...he's gone up a lot recently with summer coming. Yeah I spend a lot of time on it...I'm happy to see it paying off xD

Yeah he was very high I remember when I first joined up. He and Marc Roca are players I stuck with (Roca less so than Trossard). Roca's value significantly dropped through middle of the season so ended up cashing in on him while I could. Then I just lost more interest with less players I had. It coincided with stopping betting as well and just making better use of my money and not potentially losing it (I understand FI is more investment and good decision-making than betting luck, mind).

Yeah Espanyol and Marc Roca went through a rough patch. He's my biggest hold and it was heartbreaking seeing him drop from 1.40 to under a pound, but I'm still in a lot of profit on him and believe in him bouncing back, especially if/when he gets a move to a bigger club.

Yeah I don't really see it as betting. At worst it's very very low risk betting. You're never gonna lose your whole stake.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Is it too late to get on board with this now? Or with the transfer window coming up, is now a good time to get involved?

Never too late. Start small while you get used to it, and feel free to ask any questions in here.

One piece of advice with the summer transfer window coming up: the prices of some players with transfer links to big clubs are super inflated. People buy to win media dividends hoping for a summer long saga. Once the deal is done people will sell and they'll settle at their proper price. What I do is compare the price of the player on the move to players already at the team they're moving to. For example De Ligt has risen a lot because of links to Barca, but if you look at their current centre backs they're nowhere near his price. Personally I don't like playing that game and getting on hyped players because there's always a chance you'll get burned. This summer I've targetted players on the move who will be worth more in their new team. Valentin Rongier for example going to a big club in France. He already has great PB scores* at Nantes, but in a side that dominates possession they'll be even better and he'll be worth a lot more.

*PB scores are the scores given for a player's performance in a match. The highest score each day in each position wins dividends. 

IMG_0225.jpg

4 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Never too late. Start small while you get used to it, and feel free to ask any questions in here.

I've not seen the cost of shares yet, but I presume the way forwards (based on your suceess) is knowledge of players doing well in the top leagues in Europe? Shame really as my knowledge base is The Championship 😂

With the summer approaching, is it best to go for players like Rodrygo, Fiete Arp etc. who you think could get transferred to top clubs? 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I've not seen the cost of shares yet, but I presume the way forwards (based on your suceess) is knowledge of players doing well in the top leagues in Europe? Shame really as my knowledge base is The Championship 😂

With the summer approaching, is it best to go for players like Rodrygo, Fiete Arp etc. who you think could get transferred to top clubs? 

Yeah unfortunately for you Championship players are hyped up and overpriced.

Yeah you have the right idea. The way I look at it is is this player gonna be better/more known in a couple of years time? If I believe in a player I'll hold through any short term dips in price because I know he'll be worth more in the future. You need to have your finger on the pulse though, if we use Rongier as an example again, he was linked with Fulham or Cardiff in the winter, if he'd have moved to one of them I'd have sold because despite moving to a better league it's not easy to shine in a struggling PL team, as we saw with Seri.

As I said start small and you'll get the hang of it after a while.

There's also a promotion happening right now where you get 10% of your net spend between now and the end of the month back as a cash bonus, so yeah...it's a good time to join.

• Subscriber
On 18/04/2019 at 16:27, ...Dan said:

Eight months into my Football Index journey:

Net deposits: £2000

Portfolio value: £3482

Profit: £1482 (74%)

If only I actually put money in when I orginally discovered FI a couple of years ago.

Where do you find your total net deposits?

Mine's really starting to take off now. The likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Joao Felix and Robert Skov are raking it in for me.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I'm glad my Golovin tip didn't ruin your portfolio too much xD

xD win some you lose some. I got the thinking behind that one but it just hasn't worked sadly. I'm getting the hang of it really and I think the one thing I've learnt is that it's an error to try to be too clever.

You buy someone like Joao Felix, you are almost guaranteed to make money.

Three days short of being back on the Index for a month, my portfolio value is up by 16.05%. I didn’t expect to be up by that amount at all  

I’m going to deposit each month with what I can, it may be £20, it maybe £50, maybe more but I’m going to effectively use FI as a savings account, as I’m never going to get a return as good from a bank. 

Invested £20 on Saturday. Up 60p based on wonder kids and Roniger. With more people signing up as the popularity increases, this must feel risk free once you get the hang of it?

On 21/04/2019 at 22:49, Dan said:

You buy someone like Joao Felix, you are almost guaranteed to make money.

That's my thinking. I'm not sure he will actually leave Benfica this summer and may give them another season, but even if he does and you hold on your shares for a year, you're bound to eventually make a profit on him (as long as you sell before hes put in the Madrid reserves).

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Invested £20 on Saturday. Up 60p based on wonder kids and Roniger. With more people signing up as the popularity increases, this must feel risk free once you get the hang of it?

That's my thinking. I'm not sure he will actually leave Benfica this summer and may give them another season, but even if he does and you hold on your shares for a year, you're bound to eventually make a profit on him (as long as you sell before hes put in the Madrid reserves).

Rongier won you dividends on sunday then? Good start!

Archived