• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/04/2019 at 17:14, ...Dan said:

Yeah Espanyol and Marc Roca went through a rough patch. He's my biggest hold and it was heartbreaking seeing him drop from 1.40 to under a pound, but I'm still in a lot of profit on him and believe in him bouncing back, especially if/when he gets a move to a bigger club.

And he's back :) up to an all time high of 50p (1.50 in old money). I'm £435 up on him.

• Subscriber

75% up now. Really starting to click at this although I do think I've made some very good buys lately and I'm not sure I can sustain buying that well at that rate.

Going to have to get myself a couple of new players before the transfer window though. Again, thinking of your obvious wonderkids you could make a step up. Maybe even someone like De Ligt.

I reckon Norwich's full backs are worth a look as well. Can see them both being in the England discussion at some point this season.

On 18/04/2019 at 16:27, ...Dan said:

Eight months into my Football Index journey:

Net deposits: £2000

Portfolio value: £3482

Profit: £1482 (74%)

If only I actually put money in when I orginally discovered FI a couple of years ago.

Incredible growth recently. I'm now £2370 up.

I'm up £5+ after two weeks. I think @Smiley Culture's attitude of looking at this as a bank that gives you very good interest is the right way of looking at it. After two weeks it's very easy to see how people can get very addicted, start over reading in to things and then blowing money.

I've plonked a lot of low level shares in to a lot of players to see what clicks and what doesn't. Scoured Austria, France, Italy, Portugal, Holland... my biggest successes are Jack Grealish, Ryan Sessegnon and Youri Tielemans xD

16 hours ago, Dan said:

75% up now. Really starting to click at this although I do think I've made some very good buys lately and  reckon Norwich's full backs are worth a look as well. Can see them both being in the England discussion at some point this season.

Over Wan-Bissaka?! :readthemessage:

On 30/04/2019 at 17:12, ...Dan said:

B|

xD xD Wow.

One thing I like about this over betting and fantasy football is the lack of competitive element to it. You only hear from your mates when they get a big win in betting and my fantasy football leagues are dominated by people who have been bad for years but now pay for tips.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm up £5+ after two weeks. I think @Smiley Culture's attitude of looking at this as a bank that gives you very good interest is the right way of looking at it. After two weeks it's very easy to see how people can get very addicted, start over reading in to things and then blowing money.

I've plonked a lot of low level shares in to a lot of players to see what clicks and what doesn't. Scoured Austria, France, Italy, Portugal, Holland... my biggest successes are Jack Grealish, Ryan Sessegnon and Youri Tielemans xD

Wan-Bissaka is a good shout as well to be fair. He'd have been an excellent one to buy in the summer just gone.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

When I was planning on getting back on the Index, I spent a load of time looking into lesser known Ligue 1 and Bundesliga players, especially, and found that it was very easy to get lost in a world of statistics on places like WhoScored. I found you could get “paralysis by analysis” and you’d be spending your life looking into that sort of thing, which is fine if you’ve got the time but I didn’t find it a productive use of my time. 

I’ve spent my time on FI in “safe players” in the sense that I’ve, largely, gone with players I know a good deal about, like in Premier League players. 

Also, I tracked some winners of dividends for about a month and found that it’s largely the same crop of players for Media Buzz and that Performance Buzz was, on a a day with multiple matches like a Saturday or Sunday, is essentially a lottery. 

Started tracking my Index “journey”, so to speak, on Excel, more out of curiosity than anything else. As I’ve said, I’m seeing this as a savings account rather than a bet, which it actually is and I’m wanting to make some money doing this, so I’m attempting to be professional with my use of Football Index and tracking my activity to see how I get on. 

As previously mentioned, I started off by purchasing Vinicius Jr, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Mario Grujic, Eric Dier and Dujon Sterling on 26th March, after a £20 investment. I’ve since sold three of those players. 

I sold Grujic (+£0.55 overall, +30.5%), Dier (-£0.04, -2%) and Sterling (+£0.17, 8.67%) and I used some of the money made to purchase four futures in Andre Gomes, who I’ve since sold, making a £0.31 profit (+14.62%). 

I said it elsewhere about my performance for month one and at the time of tracking my month, I was up from £20 to £23.82 (on 27th April), which worked out a 19.10% profit for the month, which given the low initial investment, was a lot more than I expected. 

So, as a first month goes, that’s great. I didn’t actually have any expectations or goals for the month, which, in hindsight, was stupid. 

Onto May, I’ve been paid today and stuck another £40 into the Index and I’ve used that money and the £6.96 I had remaining in my account to buy the following: 

2x Eden Hazard @ £5.27 each (£10.54)

- 2x Lionel Messi @ £4.98 each (£9.96)

- 2x Gareth Bale @ £2.75 each (£5.50)

- 2x Neymar @ £7.94 each (£15.88)

- 10x Jorge Mere @ £0.39 each (£3.90)

Decided to go down the “tried and tested” route this month by going for some of the more orthodox names on the Index to see what returns I can expect from that end of the market, rather than trying to unearth a gem. With the season ending and the monotonous and repetitive transfer gossip that goes on, I don’t have the time or interest to try and keep up with it all, so playing a little safer. 

Hazard and Bale are going to be in the news a fair amount for their transfer links, so I should win some dividends there and should be able to make a profit, should they move, Neymar and Messi are likely to be in the news because of who they are and the Copa America and Mere is a value player, for me. He’s linked to Spanish sides but will also, hopefully, be playing in the Bundesliga next year, so I can see him rising because of that, too. 

Hoping for a similarly good month as April but I would be delighted with a 5-10% profit this coming month. 

• Subscriber

Lobbed £50 at van de Beek. Bit risky because I've probably paid more than I could've for him but I think he's been the outstanding player of this Ajax team and he could do something special in future.

On 18/04/2019 at 16:27, ...Dan said:

Eight months into my Football Index journey:

Net deposits: £2000

Portfolio value: £3482

Profit: £1482 (74%)

If only I actually put money in when I orginally discovered FI a couple of years ago.

Two weeks later:

Net deposits: £2200
Portfolio value: £4718
Profit: £2518 (114%)

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

With the IPD’s you get for 30 days when you buy a player, is there a way to continually get them from the same player throughout the season?

Sell and rebuy. I don't do it myself, you'll rack up a lot of commission like that.

• Subscriber

Bought Van de Beek at the worst time. He's gone down 12p. Schoolboy error. Still think he could go up though. He's been the real revelation of this Ajax side for me - was well documented how good de Ligt, de Jong and Ziyech were.

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bought Van de Beek at the worst time. He's gone down 12p. Schoolboy error. Still think he could go up though. He's been the real revelation of this Ajax side for me - was well documented how good de Ligt, de Jong and Ziyech were.

Nothing to worry about. Second leg next week, he’s bound to be in the Dutch squad for the Nations League, potentially a Champions League Final and he’s bound to be linked with clubs every window now till he moves. 

Hazard, Neymar and Bale have all dropped in my portfolio since the summer bonus pay out. Annoying seeing minuses and not seeing as much profit as before but I’m not worried. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nothing to worry about. Second leg next week, he’s bound to be in the Dutch squad for the Nations League, potentially a Champions League Final and he’s bound to be linked with clubs every window now till he moves. 

Hazard, Neymar and Bale have all dropped in my portfolio since the summer bonus pay out. Annoying seeing minuses and not seeing as much profit as before but I’m not worried. 

I'm not worried at all, my wins on the likes of Skov, Maddison, Tielemans etc... will pretty much guarantee me profit because I won't buy anyone that'll drop significantly. Even the Golovin loss which was a bit of a gamble gone wrong ultimately pales into insignificance compared to the profits the others brought in.

As a side note I think Holland to win Euro 2020 is a good shout.

Yeah some minor drops after a massive period of growth...it's normal. I was down about £100 in a few days but I spotted Reine-Adelaïde being linked with Lille last night, bought 1000, then woke up this morning to a £160 rise in my portfolio :)

• Subscriber

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

Van de Beek looking every inch a stupid buy. Could rise again yet but I timed that one terribly and I worried at the time I had.

Would you bother buying Celik from Lille? He's only 40p.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

Van de Beek looking every inch a stupid buy. Could rise again yet but I timed that one terribly and I worried at the time I had.

Would you bother buying Celik from Lille? He's only 40p.

Yep I really like Celik. I think I saw stories saying he could move this summer as well. If not Lille are in the CL anyway so he's a good player to hold.

Archived