talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Yep I really like Celik. I think I saw stories saying he could move this summer as well. If not Lille are in the CL anyway so he's a good player to hold.

Tempted to lob quite a bit at him, he's been quite highly rated and is cheap as hell. Might be worth another £50.

Done it. 123 shares @ 42p a share. That'll do.

Are Lille a club in general to follow? Their recruitment seems really impressive.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I have gone back down a bit in the past week but I do think ultimately if you are fundamentally buying players that are surely going to grow in stature (like I say, Norwich's full backs) then I can't see how you won't profit in the long run.

Van de Beek has been a shit buy for me so far but I'm hoping the nations league sees an improvement.

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Thoughts on Ignatius Ganago, @...Dan?

He's had a few chances in the first team this season because of Nice's lack of strikers...they'll strengthen in the summer and I think he'll get less game time. Haven't really seen enough of him to judge his quality and potential.

On 12/05/2019 at 00:37, Dan said:

Tempted to lob quite a bit at him, he's been quite highly rated and is cheap as hell. Might be worth another £50.

Done it. 123 shares @ 42p a share. That'll do.

Are Lille a club in general to follow? Their recruitment seems really impressive.

Yeah definitely. Luis Campos, the guy who built that great Monaco side a few years ago, is the guy behind Lille's transfer business now. 

On 12/05/2019 at 00:20, Dan said:

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

I've been on him a while now because I was sure he'd move and I really like him. Rumours starting to surface now.

A lot of the more vocal players on Twitter have lost it over the recent positional changes. They all say "I'm still up by a couple of hundred this weekend but ..... " and then tweet Football Index asking to be refunded for their losses this weekend xD

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm a bit annoyed you cant trade abroad. If somebody like De Ligt transfers whilst I'm away at the end of the month i could end up losing serious money.

Not that it’s any use now but I imagine we will get to a point where you can put stops on futures, so if they reach a certain pre-determined price it automatically sells on your behalf. 

I had this last summer when I ventured into the Index. I bought some Kepa and had a busy couple of days at work and with a couple of other things, completely missing the confirmation that he’d signed for Chelsea and the subsequent crash when people got off him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2019 at 16:27, ...Dan said:

Eight months into my Football Index journey:

Net deposits: £2000

Portfolio value: £3482

Profit: £1482 (74%)

If only I actually put money in when I orginally discovered FI a couple of years ago.

Ten months in:

Net deposits: £2200

Portfolio value: £6176

Profit: £3976 (180%)

Well done Dan, great stuff.

I'm still learning. On a 15% profit in two months. I sold Haland on a small profit because I didn't want to hold players outside the top five leagues, the day after he scored some insane amount of goals and his value went mad. Also let Joaquin Correa and Mikel Oyarzabal go on good profits because I didn't foresee them leaving there clubs and now they're linked every other day.

I've sold my shares in Federico Chiesa, Dani Olmo and Houssem Aouar just before I go away on holiday as they're on a steep rise because of the U21 tournament that may not be sustainable. I've sold on Rodri and AWB as I think they'll leave whilst I'm away too. I've made pretty healthy profits (20% to 30%) on all of them since mid April so even if they rise a little I'm not too fussed. If De Ligt or Ndombele complete moves next week I'll lose my 💩

I've had some good success so far. Hysaj and Butland for under 40p in the anticipation they'll move has worked out very well. I didn't experiment on Neymar/Pogba (which unless you have the money to buy hundreds of shares) looks like a good thing. Selling Grealish after the first goal of the playoff final was a very good move as his value dropped off a cliff after that. Kai Haevertz made me a lot of money as I sold as soon as Brandt left Leverkusson.

I'm going to rethink my strategy come late August as at the moment my portfolio is geared towards players under 25 who are likely to move up a level this or next summer. With IPD the anticipation to become a quick trader is tempting when certain teams have ideal fixtures but that could eat up a lot of time. I'm down to 25 players now and ideally I want to invest the money I have in about 15 players.

• Subscriber

501395698_Screenshot_20190621-150828_FootballINDEX.thumb.jpg.9ada8a7e57b2af2d0e48548172f5f1b7.jpg

Mine.

Mine's doing really well but I almost wonder if I could speed things up a bit. I've considered big sales in the past just to buy my next lot of players simply because I'm making profit on nearly everyone I buy so my strategy clearly works.

The bizarre one lately is Joao Felix has tumbled. I'm still making money but he's dropped by about 50p in a week. Is that because he's moving to Atletico and thus ruling out a move to one of the absolute top drawer sides? (Which isn't my own opinion, just the collective)

7 hours ago, Dan said:

501395698_Screenshot_20190621-150828_FootballINDEX.thumb.jpg.9ada8a7e57b2af2d0e48548172f5f1b7.jpg

Mine.

Mine's doing really well but I almost wonder if I could speed things up a bit. I've considered big sales in the past just to buy my next lot of players simply because I'm making profit on nearly everyone I buy so my strategy clearly works.

The bizarre one lately is Joao Felix has tumbled. I'm still making money but he's dropped by about 50p in a week. Is that because he's moving to Atletico and thus ruling out a move to one of the absolute top drawer sides? (Which isn't my own opinion, just the collective)

What tactic are you using? I'm worried we will see a dip early July and people will move away from transfer rumours. Which is what I've based nearly all my investments on 😂

Regarding Felix, Tomas Lemar has had his creativity cut short by Simeone. Plus Griezmann has always been just over the two pound mark. I have little to none knowledge on match day dividens but I'm assuming it favours possession based football with high goals? I guess people are worried it's the wrong move for him?

I have a grand total of two shares I purchased him when I first started playing that are -0.16. I hope all it's going to take is one good Champions League week to see his stock change. The same with Rodrygo, who I bought a share in not realising he had signed for Real Madrid already 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2019 at 08:30, The Palace Fan said:

Well done Dan, great stuff.

I'm still learning. On a 15% profit in two months. I sold Haland on a small profit because I didn't want to hold players outside the top five leagues, the day after he scored some insane amount of goals and his value went mad. Also let Joaquin Correa and Mikel Oyarzabal go on good profits because I didn't foresee them leaving there clubs and now they're linked every other day.

I've sold my shares in Federico Chiesa, Dani Olmo and Houssem Aouar just before I go away on holiday as they're on a steep rise because of the U21 tournament that may not be sustainable. I've sold on Rodri and AWB as I think they'll leave whilst I'm away too. I've made pretty healthy profits (20% to 30%) on all of them since mid April so even if they rise a little I'm not too fussed. If De Ligt or Ndombele complete moves next week I'll lose my 💩

I've had some good success so far. Hysaj and Butland for under 40p in the anticipation they'll move has worked out very well. I didn't experiment on Neymar/Pogba (which unless you have the money to buy hundreds of shares) looks like a good thing. Selling Grealish after the first goal of the playoff final was a very good move as his value dropped off a cliff after that. Kai Haevertz made me a lot of money as I sold as soon as Brandt left Leverkusson.

I'm going to rethink my strategy come late August as at the moment my portfolio is geared towards players under 25 who are likely to move up a level this or next summer. With IPD the anticipation to become a quick trader is tempting when certain teams have ideal fixtures but that could eat up a lot of time. I'm down to 25 players now and ideally I want to invest the money I have in about 15 players.

Shit game anyway. Fucking ponzi scheme :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Oh shit, you sold Olmo before the Euros? xD

Are you still in profit on Ndombélé or no?

I sold him just before the knockout phases. I think he was 1.20 at the time and purchased when he was 92p so was a good profit. Even if this hurts more than the Haland goal spree.

Ndombele was purchased at 1.52 so still in profit albeit I do feel like I have been kicked in the teeth.

• 1 month later...

How's everyone doing? I'm glad the football season is back...I didn't win dividends in the weekend but Jeff Reine-Adelaïde came close and saw a nice rise. Add to that his likely move to Lyon and he's up 49p in the last few days. I have 1000 futures at 48p, he's now £1.29, so I paid £480 and my holding is now worth £1290...£810 up since I bought him near the end of last season.

I've hit £5000 profit thanks to him:

Net deposits: £2380

Portfolio Value: £7404

Profit: £5024 (211%)

It's my one year FI anniversary in a few days, 200% up in a year isn't bad :)

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Do you ever sell players?

Occasionally xD

I usually buy with the intention of holding long term. I'm gonna be forced to sell soon though because I got a credit card with a 1 year interest free period not long after I started, it needs to be paid off soon.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Occasionally xD

I usually buy with the intention of holding long term. I'm gonna be forced to sell soon though because I got a credit card with a 1 year interest free period not long after I started, it needs to be paid off soon.

Your method sounds similar to mine but you're more advanced and you have a greater knowledge, particularly in France about the upcoming players. Having a knowledge of France is a fantastic upper hand to have as you'll genuinely cotton on before the vast majority. You can't lose doing what you do.

I've bought about 19 players and all bar one of them are in profit.

It makes you wonder how much FI will keep growing. There's a part of me that feels like you could've bought nearly anybody two years ago you'd have raked in money on them now.

I stepped up from £400 to £600 recently. Currently just over £100 ROI. That's not including the £50+ from the summer promotion.

The Good:

- Got fortunate that the PB matrix changes went my favour. Bought Saint-Maximin and Pepe two weeks before then sold just after the announcement on big profits.

- Predicted the rush for IPD in GKs.

The Bad:

- Sat out the IPO's under the advice of gimps on Twitter.

- I have a terrible knack of selling too late. Got Bruno Fernandes and Ryan Sessegnon as long term holds now.

Going forwards I'm trying to only take on players under 70p. Preferably under 50p. I only have £25 per player it's better to look for players I can get 60+ shares in. Youd be proud to hear @...Dan I got Reims Predrag Rajkovic for 24p.

On 13/08/2019 at 18:30, Dan said:

It makes you wonder how much FI will keep growing. There's a part of me that feels like you could've bought nearly anybody two years ago you'd have raked in money on them now.

I thought this, but when you think Dominic Solanke, Romelu Lukaku, Alvaro Morata etc would have been popular... maybe not xD

Archived