• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Mine keeps creeping up again. Made £90 ths month doing basically fuck all.

Considering buying Jack O'Connell. Extremely cheap and I think this Sheff Utd centre halves tactic is going to attract some attention.

On 24/09/2018 at 21:34, ...Dan said:

Roca now up to 74p. I've gone very big on him, 500 shares at 64p. He's way undervalued because Quique Sanchez Flores didn't use him last year, but he seems to be the first name on the team sheet for the new coach. Just search his name on twitter to see what people think of him.

Best decision ever xD I'm up 300% on him and it looks like he's off to Bayern Munich. Almost £1000 up just on him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, cb_96 said:

I'm diving in on this soon, trying to do as much reading up first...

A lot of players to process but first thought is Skriniar

If I had to explain it very simply, it would be buy players who are going to grow in popularity and stature. Think of reasons they will come to the fore.

If you play with big money you're pretty safe buying a load of Neymar, Mbappe, Sterling etc... and just raking in the dividends but I personally prefer to search for the gems. Bit like how I play FM.

@...Dan has a big advantage being well into Ligue 1 (are you French or do you just follow it?) as he's able to spot these things before most others. Likewise I've made money on Leicester players that I thought were going to grow and then have gone on to.

Side note.... where the hell is Fikayo Tomori on this?

Probably going to return to FI again but just be a small investment type player. I’ll be honest, I find FI okay, some of it absolutely baffles me and I much prefer conventional betting purely because it’s time critical and immediately measurable but I will probably stick £10 or so a month into this just as a bit of fun, rather than anything else. 

Not sure on “tactics” though. Part of me thinks I should just be a passive user of the Index and stick my money into the main two or three MB players and just sit back and watch the dividends come in. 

Alternatively, I did think about using the £10 or whatever I invest in a month to buy a plethora of players. Let’s say I target players at the bottom end of the market and buy a group of players with an average price of 0.45, that way I could buy 1x share in 22 players a month (264 a year) and you’d expect some form of profit from these on the whole as they’re low risk, with a smaller spread, higher potential for growth and IPD etc. 

I could alternatively end up doing something completely different. 

16 hours ago, Dan said:

If I had to explain it very simply, it would be buy players who are going to grow in popularity and stature. Think of reasons they will come to the fore.

If you play with big money you're pretty safe buying a load of Neymar, Mbappe, Sterling etc... and just raking in the dividends but I personally prefer to search for the gems. Bit like how I play FM.

@...Dan has a big advantage being well into Ligue 1 (are you French or do you just follow it?) as he's able to spot these things before most others. Likewise I've made money on Leicester players that I thought were going to grow and then have gone on to.

Side note.... where the hell is Fikayo Tomori on this?

Haha no I'm not French I just like the country and its football, and speak french at a decent level so I make the most of that by following a lot of french journalists on twitter.

I've upped the anti from 500 to 800 but I'm still sitting on 200 profit . Part of that is because I've topped up on some of my losses like Declan Rice, Yannick Carrasco, Bruno Fernandes and Hakim Ziyech because I anticipate a boom in January.

I also have to put my hand up and say I got burned by not remembering @Dans initial advice of not trying to be too clever. A lot of my single game day players have dropped even if they scored because of the amount of people instant selling that had shares in them the minute the fixtures were announced. Wout Weghorst on Friday being an example. Armando Izzo is slowly dropping too even though Torino haven't played there single game days yet.

I'm preparing for the Euros with attacking players under 27 that are likely going to be a focus for the tournament and may have transfer links (Sigurdsson, Milik, Embolo etc). My port is 50 players though so I've capped at £20 shares per player which limits me in the market to players under a pound. If I'm thinking of IPD I'm looking at under 40p.

On a side note, I'm staying away from the Twitter side of things. The way people talk to each other is cringeworthy. I'll have a side group with people that put up fixture changes and stuff like that but that's as far I'll go. The FI Forum seems a healthier better place to find out info.

On 12/09/2019 at 09:02, Smiley Culture said:

Probably going to return to FI again but just be a small investment type player. I’ll be honest, I find FI okay, some of it absolutely baffles me and I much prefer conventional betting purely because it’s time critical and immediately measurable but I will probably stick £10 or so a month into this just as a bit of fun, rather than anything else. 

Not sure on “tactics” though. Part of me thinks I should just be a passive user of the Index and stick my money into the main two or three MB players and just sit back and watch the dividends come in. 

Alternatively, I did think about using the £10 or whatever I invest in a month to buy a plethora of players. Let’s say I target players at the bottom end of the market and buy a group of players with an average price of 0.45, that way I could buy 1x share in 22 players a month (264 a year) and you’d expect some form of profit from these on the whole as they’re low risk, with a smaller spread, higher potential for growth and IPD etc. 

I could alternatively end up doing something completely different. 

I thought of the MB idea in the summer but the graphs for Pogba, Neymar, Sterling and Salahh show it to be very volatile.

The average price of the top 200 has gone up from £1.05 to around £1.25+ in the last three months so maybe that's the place to go?

• Subscriber

Some players can take a while. There's a lot of patience involved here. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't pay off immediately.

The schoolboy error I made was buying Van de Beek during Tottenham v Ajax. Ajax then got knocked out and he dipped a fair bit. I bought him at possibly his peak. It was schoolbuy stuff.

Soyuncu I bought over a year ago, and for nearly a year of that he'd been operating at a loss for me. He's now worth nearly three times what I paid.

On 15/09/2019 at 13:55, Dan said:

Some players can take a while. There's a lot of patience involved here. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't pay off immediately.

The schoolboy error I made was buying Van de Beek during Tottenham v Ajax. Ajax then got knocked out and he dipped a fair bit. I bought him at possibly his peak. It was schoolbuy stuff.

Soyuncu I bought over a year ago, and for nearly a year of that he'd been operating at a loss for me. He's now worth nearly three times what I paid.

You're right. The fact Izzy Brown had a boom in the summer because hes a young Chelsea player shows that everybody is due a price surge at some point in three years.

Whilst the GKs returned IPD's they dropped in CA for me, making it difficult to sell with the 2% factor. I'm not concerned though as I anticipate they will rise again before/after the next PB set of changes as everybody is anticipating at some point they will have there own market within the next 2 and a half years.

I'm anticipating a flat market now until Christmas. New users are getting burned, the footie is falling, no transfer window, brexit, christmas. All these factors combined with the success stories make it come across like a ponzi scheme to the media which I've noticed it's being reported as.

• Subscriber

@The Palace Fan You've just got to be patient. If you expect instant results you're going to be let down. I've made something like £700 in total which is good but pretty insignificant compared to plenty of others, although I think I've grasped the concept, just not played it on a big scale but I'm prepared to just gradually get bigger and bigger on it.

But from that £700 I reckon for a good period of that, I was only up by about £100-200. I made quite a few long term ones and I've still got some that are yet to do anything for me.

A good example for me is James Justin.

James Justin has actually gone down slightly since I bought him and he's worth I think something like 94p a share when I got him at around 97p, but I think it's totally plausible that in a year he's worth £2.00. He's come from Luton who seem to be going through this phase of producing really good full backs for their level (both of Norwich's full backs as well as Stacey the new Bournemouth full back came from there). Their fans absolutely rave about him as a player and think he could play for England, which is admittedly going to be tricky while Alexander-Arnold s about but you don't have to be startng for England to shoot up - just well enough known. Maddson's worth loads on this and he's still not even capped. He is apparently a two footed player and can operate effectively on either side. The problem is hardly anyone knows about him yet as he's not getting games for Lecester - being prevented by a brilliant right back in Ricardo Pereira and an England international in Ben Chilwell.

His time should come but it probably won't be this season, maybe not even next if Leicester did end up in Europe and therefore held onto Ricardo. Now's a good time to buy someone like Justin and I'll probably buy some more of him when I'm next paid.

Whilst I agree with the "you've got to be patient" sentiment, FI are going to have to do something soon. I've lost all the profit I've worked up since the start of the season in the last two weeks, and looking on the forums and twitter everybody seems to be losing money this month. Increasing dividends in line with the growth of the market seems to be the obvious option.

Some people are calling for a birthday bonus, but to me giving away all this free money doesnt seem sustainable.

I'm sitting on what I have for the time  being, I've got players i expect to move in January and players I expect to get Euros attention along with under 60ps that will get more acknowledgement throughout the next season and beyond. The ipd market seems a dangerous game at the minute as you've got players dropping big amounts even if they score.

• Subscriber

I'm a bit torn, I obviously would rather see my profit going up rather than down but I think at the same time I've just accepted it's a bit up and down and so far for me the ups have outweighed the downs.

My argument here is that if peoples shares are going down due to a quiet period in general - does that not make now actually a very decent time to buy?

Oh and Justin is actually only 64p a share rather than 94p. I'm launching more at that once I get paid again. No doubt he goes and wins the Puskas award tomorrow xD

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

My argument here is that if peoples shares are going down due to a quiet period in general - does that not make now actually a very decent time to buy?

Yeah definitely. I don't have the money to buy right now because I'm paying for a holiday, but I'm not panicking at all. 

On 11/05/2019 at 14:41, ...Dan said:

Yeah some minor drops after a massive period of growth...it's normal. I was down about £100 in a few days but I spotted Reine-Adelaïde being linked with Lille last night, bought 1000, then woke up this morning to a £160 rise in my portfolio :)

This was a great decision. I'm £1080 up on him after 4 months.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah definitely. I don't have the money to buy right now because I'm paying for a holiday, but I'm not panicking at all. 

Nor me. Put a bit too much away this month so can't really afford another player. I'll likely top up on Justin though.

Anyone worth going for in France? Bensebaini has gone up slightly and one of my own, Mehmet Zeki Celik, has not far off doubled.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

My portfolio's gone up £70 today, what the actual fuck's happened here?

Golovin's shot up but not enough for that alone.

Another bonus. The reason it's been flat recently is because people have been taking money out in anticipation of a bonus for FI's 4th birthday, now it's been announced the money is going back in.

Whilst I have concerns that throwing away free money will lead to future questions about the markets sustainability, it's been brilliant for me to sell a lot of players I thought I was stuck with on a profit. Managed to use the money to buy my Euro targets for the summer early too. Hopefully I can sit back and not look at my port until about Christmas now. Short term trading is fun, but also pretty taxing.

I went with Justin in the end @Dan along with Dujon Sterling. I wanted Palace to sign Justin last summer as I saw him as the inevitable second coming of Wan-Bissaka. I see Sterling as next summers version based on how well he did at Coventry. Plus young English players went on mad hikes in late July too. It's almost worth loading up FM and putting shares in any of the top six under 19 players with a potential of more than three stars because of the amount of tits that get on them when theres no football.

Archived