talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Subscriber
On 24/07/2020 at 13:25, Stan said:

I'd stick with Neuhaus if I were you (if you're not planning to).

He was quality pre-COVID for Gladbach. Destined for bigger things no doubt. 

When I buy players I rarely do it with the intention to sell, I usually buy players who I don't think can really come down anyway. I've bought numerous Bundesliga players who amounted to little.

At times I think I just need to get on the hype train. I should've bought a load of Havertz.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/07/2020 at 18:14, Dan said:

When I buy players I rarely do it with the intention to sell, I usually buy players who I don't think can really come down anyway. I've bought numerous Bundesliga players who amounted to little.

At times I think I just need to get on the hype train. I should've bought a load of Havertz.

I must admit my strategy has somewhat changed as a result of sell orders and TOTM. We are effectively competing against each other now that the liability has shifted from FI to its users and all its shown is that most users are tight with their bids. No more seeing tweets of people spending five figures on Arsenal reserve players because the "Ponzi not Ponzi" element of Capital Appreciation is practically gone now. I think the decisions here on in will be whats best for the platform as opposed to whats best for its current members.

Nobody seems to want to buy Kevin De Bruyne because of all the scare mongering around players over 25. Suits me down to a tee with his PB scores and upcoming international tournaments. Same with Lewandwoski. Buying shares at him under £2 with the upcoming schedule he has and proven returns just seems mental.

• Subscriber

Currently regretting only having 1 share in some players. Jimenez has gone up by 30p today alone thanks to the United rumours. Dean Henderson is my only other one with an okay profit currently.

• Subscriber
On 31/07/2020 at 09:32, The Palace Fan said:

I must admit my strategy has somewhat changed as a result of sell orders and TOTM. We are effectively competing against each other now that the liability has shifted from FI to its users and all its shown is that most users are tight as fuck with their bids. No more seeing tweets of people spending five figures on Arsenal reserve players because the "Ponzi not Ponzi" element of Capital Appreciation is practically gone now. I think the decisions here on in will be whats best for the platform as opposed to whats best for its current members.

Nobody seems to want to buy Kevin De Bruyne because of all the scare mongering around players over 25. Suits me down to a tee with his PB scores and upcoming international tournaments. Same with Lewandwoski. Buying shares at him under £2 with the upcoming schedule he has and proven returns just seems mental.

I honestly think it's become a bit boring now and a lot of the fun has gone out of it. I really quite enjoyed the whole idea of plucking obscure players before they got a decent move and making money that way but it's becoming clearer and clearer to me now that you need to just buy the 'names'. If I could trade my entire portfolio for the same value of Sancho, Foden, Fernandes & Greenwood I'd do it.

• 3 months later...
On 06/11/2020 at 20:42, Dan said:

Finally cracked and I'm selling everything. Don't like it anymore. Just shit and boring.

If i could go back in time I'd probably sell up at the end of last year. All I have done is trade announcements as opposed to football. Its more about people psychology than actual football matches. Its got to a point where I'm backing the concept as opposed to the people behind it now. 

I think they'll have to act as a market maker to lift share prices again. Way too many people have left during Covid and the woeful OB implementation. There's far too many shares in circulation for the amount of active users with a long term strategy and its become a race to the bottom.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If i could go back in time I'd probably sell up at the end of last year. All I have done is trade announcements as opposed to football. Its more about people psychology than actual football matches. Its got to a point where I'm backing the concept as opposed to the people behind it now. 

I think they'll have to act as a market maker to lift share prices again. Way too many people have left during Covid and the woeful OB implementation. There's far too many shares in circulation for the amount of active users with a long term strategy and its become a race to the bottom.

8 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I went a few months ago. Was fun while it lasted but it’s run it’s course now. 

Agree with you both. I don't even see who benefits from it anymore. Everything I have seems to drop in value and the scope of the market just changes time and time again. Pretty bad luck really - they've changed it beyond recognition and I just want out of it now. Annoyed I didn't put the money I have done in it when I first started.

What's the best way to sell everything? Instant sell feels like pissing money away.

• Subscriber

Tell you what sums up how shit this has turned. My mate bought Calvert-Lewin a year ago and he's worth less now than he was then. Absolute joke and I honestly don't know how anybody still has faith.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s absolutely mental. 

It's appalling. The last six months with the odd exception have just been dips in the portfolio. The fact a player who should in theory have had probably the biggest rise of anybody I can think of since this time last year can go down is absolute lunacy, I think they're in danger of falling to bits.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

It's appalling. The last six months with the odd exception have just been dips in the portfolio. The fact a player who should in theory have had probably the biggest rise of anybody I can think of since this time last year can go down is absolute lunacy, I think they're in danger of falling to bits.

Thats mental.

The only hope i have is that the dividend payouts represent exceptional value at the minute. Then again, the dividend payouts only exist because of the outrage at the initial dividend announcement. Strengthening my belief that whilst the concept is excellent, the people driving the concept possibly aren't the right people to take this platform to where it should be.

Sportstack have released a direct competitior yesterday that will hopefully light a fire under them. I'm surprised Betfair or Bet365 haven't looked in to it as with the right leadership this concept could really take off.

26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sportstack have released a direct competitior yesterday that will hopefully light a fire under them. I'm surprised Betfair or Bet365 haven't looked in to it as with the right leadership this concept could really take off.

Will look into this, I think. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Thats mental.

The only hope i have is that the dividend payouts represent exceptional value at the minute. Then again, the dividend payouts only exist because of the outrage at the initial dividend announcement. Strengthening my belief that whilst the concept is excellent, the people driving the concept possibly aren't the right people to take this platform to where it should be.

My assumption of what's happened is that ultimately for something like this to work, you've got to consistently appeal to the casuals to a point they can relate to it, and they've failed to do that = people getting bored of it and leaving it.

I'm not clued up about trading. I get the concept, but I'm a complete rookie, owning a portfolio on FI is my entire experience of trading. I started this because I felt I had a quite good knowledge on football that I could put to some use, knowledge of certain players, teams and whatnot, get in first and make money that way. I haven't really got a clue about how to make money trading. I feel like the majority of people who joined FI joined for reasons like mine, yet it's become more and more aimed at the trader types and therefore people are gradually dropping out. I feel like the 'traders' have probably monopolised it, and the football fans aren't all that bothered anymore.

I've tried with it but it's been 6 months now and I reckon 90% minimum of days in that period my portfolio value has gone down from 7 days ago. I don't know how you're meant to have any faith in it. When Calvert-Lewin can go downhill in that time period you have a real problem, I speak to somebody who tells me this'll work in the long run but how do you believe that when you just constantly see no positive signs. It's like sticking with a manager who's lost 23 of his last 26 games and thinking it's worth it because there was some promise shown in the 3 he didn't lose. I'm more patient than many, but you need to keep people interested and when it's like that, it's very, very hard to.

The only thing that's stopping me instant selling the lot is the fact I think I'll end up losing a bit after all, and yet the bleak reality is that that might even be my best case scenario now. I may well have missed the boat.

They have got to make this fun again because right now, quite bluntly, it's abysmal.

• Subscriber

Just Twitter searched FI, first thing I see...

Says it all to be honest. This is a supposedly respected trader.

It's a shame. Feel like I've given it the benefit of the doubt for too long. Pissed off that I invested about £1.5k from May-July this year. If only I'd done that early doors. I had Maddison in 450% profit at one stage. Just bad timing.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

My assumption of what's happened is that ultimately for something like this to work, you've got to consistently appeal to the casuals to a point they can relate to it, and they've failed to do that = people getting bored of it and leaving it.

I'm not clued up about trading. I get the concept, but I'm a complete rookie, owning a portfolio on FI is my entire experience of trading. I started this because I felt I had a quite good knowledge on football that I could put to some use, knowledge of certain players, teams and whatnot, get in first and make money that way. I haven't really got a clue about how to make money trading. I feel like the majority of people who joined FI joined for reasons like mine, yet it's become more and more aimed at the trader types and therefore people are gradually dropping out. I feel like the 'traders' have probably monopolised it, and the football fans aren't all that bothered anymore.

I've tried with it but it's been 6 months now and I reckon 90% minimum of days in that period my portfolio value has gone down from 7 days ago. I don't know how you're meant to have any faith in it. When Calvert-Lewin can go downhill in that time period you have a real problem, I speak to somebody who tells me this'll work in the long run but how do you believe that when you just constantly see no positive signs. It's like sticking with a manager who's lost 23 of his last 26 games and thinking it's worth it because there was some promise shown in the 3 he didn't lose. I'm more patient than many, but you need to keep people interested and when it's like that, it's very, very hard to.

The only thing that's stopping me instant selling the lot is the fact I think I'll end up losing a bit after all, and yet the bleak reality is that that might even be my best case scenario now. I may well have missed the boat.

They have got to make this fun again because right now, quite bluntly, it's abysmal.

Yeah, they've tried to appeal to the few that will have massive bank balances without consideration that its the majority that will provide the liquidity. Without liquidity you cannot trade. You've got people with big bank balances that run podcasts who have now decided to delete the app. Its pretty worrying. 

The last announcement doesn't feel me with much confidence. Seeing market depth and having circuit breakers could be huge but you need some form of liquidity first for it to be effective. 

A person who I spoke too in February made a really good point. He said that Football Index isn't fun. Everyone loves it because they're making money. How often do you sit there watching football in the hope your player wins PB? The concept is boring and when people are not making money it will be a problem.

My worry is on Thursday when they open up the instant sell feature this product is going to absolutely tank. Nobody is trading at the minute because the buyers want to see how cheap the prices will go and there's a lot of people planning exit strategies. I think prices are going to drop very close to the current sell price (or at least very close to it).

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A person who I spoke too in February made a really good point. He said that Football Index isn't fun. Everyone loves it because they're making money. How often do you sit there watching football in the hope your player wins PB? The concept is boring and when people are not making money it will be a problem.

That’s the thing for me, I lost interest in it partly because of the way it was going as a product but the fun was stripped out of it. 

Once the seeking out of undervalued players and young players with potentially was made essentially redundant, I really lost interest in it. As sad as it sounds, trawling through stats for players from Angers, Sampdoria and Osasuna was a big bit of the fun for me. I know this year has been the craziest one in all of lives, it’s the shift of the product and it’s mechanics and how you use it that really put me off. 

• Subscriber

I didn't ever watch games and think about FI. It was very much just something in the background and then during the transfer window, the odd thing happened where I ended up seeing my money go up. Just a very gradual thing for me really. I did it for reasons like this.... other day in a group chat I said something about Szoboszlai and got roundly called a nonce xD but he's quite clearly going to be a very good player, so I'm in the know about particular players that others my age, football fans, simply aren't. I saw FI as a way to channel that advantage, thinking that people like those lot would get on it in future.

I'm totally with @Smiley Culture it felt almost FM like to me, trying to find the bargains and the next big thing, I bought numerous young Bundesliga talents and I've been very sceptical ever since that proved to be effectively redundant.

There's just no fun in it anymore. I can take a short term pain for long term gain but this isn't short term pain anymore to me. Like I said - 90% of the last 6 months has been at a loss and that is no exaggeration. There's a part of me that thinks I should just sell the lot of what I have on instant sell, take the hit there, almost like the devil you know, because it could get even worse at this rate.

22 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

How much money have you all made/lost on this? 

I never bothered with it, is it really as bad now as you all say? 

I've deposited £2000. My all time high is around £1500. At the moment I'm around £400. 

My plan was to withdraw my deposit in the summer and played with profit. That's not going to happen for a couple of years 😂

It seems like a market maker has got involved of football index are buying back shares themselves now. It seems like they decided 'the bottom' was when the CEO was being compared on Twitter to Donald Trump 😂 

Either way I have a feeling they've driven down prices intentionally to appeal to bigger investors/market makers which is a terrible way to treat loyal customers. Its left me uncomfortable in the product and when prices eventually rebound in off.

• 1 month later...

Archived