talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Subscriber

I've heard this website advertised on a podcast I listen to and it comes up regularly in my ads on here. It looks like an interesting new type of betting where you basically "invest in" players then their value changes based on their performances and some sort of measure of media perception.

Anyone else heard anything about it? Tempted to dabble with a few quid though no doubt I'll be shit at it.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This sounds very much like what the BBC had on their old old website. Think it was called Sportdaq? 

You basically had a pot of virtual money and you'd buy and sell shares in players based on, profiting in on when they'd done something good and losing out when bad publicity hit. 

• Subscriber

I'm on it. I've made a little bit but it's very modest money. I think you've got to be both very patient and very on the ball.

Example...

Renato Tapia. Peru international. Feyenoord midfielder. Rave reviews from a few people (including a certain member on here, bet you can't guess!) and his value was 50p a share which I thought for someone who stands a chance of having a good World Cup and transferring to a bigger club this summer is pretty cheap. I bought 40 shares of him, so £20.

His value about two days before the World Cup kicked off (about a week after I bought him) was up to 80p a share, meaning the value of what I had bought was now £32.

He didn't make an impact at the World Cup and hasn't yet transferred. His shares are now worth 45p, at a value of £18 for me.

I think you've got to experiment a bit to try and find what really works. You've got to try and forecast how you think players will do. Danny Ward for example will have gone up in value today because of the Leicester bid out of nowhere. It's things like that that prop a player's value up.

I'm far from an expert on it but I'm trying to work my way around it to make a bit of money. I'm only about £8 up at the minute but like I say, it requires a lot of patience and I think experience too. I was convinced Tapia was only going to go up from there - and I still think he will at some point, hence why I've held onto him.

• Subscriber

Must also say I've got this strange knack of buying players Leicester end up signing. Bought Ricardo Pereira and James Maddison before we signed both and I've also got Jahanbakhsh, who is likely to join us apparently.

You've got to learn the tricks basically. Once I really know what I'm doing I reckon I'll chuck more money in.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

So am I right in saying this @Dan? So if I purchased 10 lots of Rui Patricio the Wolves keeper at 0.91 (£9.10 in total) and his sell price increased after three or four games of the Premier League to 1.00 and I sold my ten “shares” in him, I’d be looking at 90p profit? 

Correct, although they're a bit of a fucker in the sense that the buying price is always slightly higher than the selling price at any one time, so if you did sell him at 1.00, I'd say his buying price at that time would probably be about 1.05.

Just looked it up. His buying price is 0.91 but selling price is 0.88.

My portfolio at the minute is....
Boubakary Soumare | Lille | x5 @ 0.83, now worth 0.90
Ricardo Pereira | Leicester | x13 @ 0.96, now worth 0.99 (Genuinely bought him before we signed him)
Alireza Jahanbakhsh | Brighton | x39 @ 1.15, now worth 1.35
Florin Andone | Brighton | x12 @ 0.73, now worth 0.73
Renato Tapia | Feyenoord | x41 @ 0.50, now worth 0.44
Miguel Trauco | Flamengo | x31 @ 0.38, now worth 0.40
James Maddison | Leicester | x24 @ 1.66, now worth 2.09

On the whole it's doing well really, I've gradually done it over a number of months, slowly teaching myself things. The only one I've lost on is Tapia but as previously stated I expect him to go up in value at some point. Tapia & Trauco were largely bought on the back of thinking Peru would be a bit of a surprise package but they weren't.

The problem I have is that this has gone on for a long time, and my portfolio cost me £142.36 in total, with a value now of £159.38 - so yes, it's grown in value, but all of that for £17.02 profit. If I put £142.36 on Bayern Munich to beat Freiburg at home I'd likely come out with similar.

You've got to put in a lot of money really to make it worth it although mine's going pretty well really. Nearly all of them have gone up.

• Subscriber

I stuck 20 quid in last week, had my account suspended after a few hours and they want me to send a scan of my passport through or something to verify my identity. Fuck off lads, I'd rather have my 20 quid back, but I can't withdraw because my account is suspended so now I have to email the bellends. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I stuck 20 quid in last week, had my account suspended after a few hours and they want me to send a scan of my passport through or something to verify my identity. Fuck off lads, I'd rather have my 20 quid back, but I can't withdraw because my account is suspended so now I have to email the bellends. 

Exactly the same thing happened to me with bwin a few years back. After numerous phone calls and emailing them all they wanted, they only managed to return 11 Euro after weeks of waiting, and still owe me 9 Euro xD Cunts.

Fucked up with that Golovin thinking he hadn’t left CSKA Moscow and binned him meaning I lost 0.26. 

Now have:

Theo Hernandez (Real Madrid) x5 @ 0.99 (£4.95)

Ederson (Man City) x3 @ 1.06 (£3.18)

Riyad Mahrez (Man City) x1 @ 2.85

Mariano (Lyon) x1 @ 1.43

Marcus Rojo (Man United) x1 @ 0.87

Still not 100% sure what I’m doing tbh but hoping for some profit off these lot. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fucked up with that Golovin thinking he hadn’t left CSKA Moscow and binned him meaning I lost 0.26. 

Now have:

Theo Hernandez (Real Madrid) x5 @ 0.99 (£4.95)

Ederson (Man City) x3 @ 1.06 (£3.18)

Riyad Mahrez (Man City) x1 @ 2.85

Mariano (Lyon) x1 @ 1.43

Marcus Rojo (Man United) x1 @ 0.87

Still not 100% sure what I’m doing tbh but hoping for some profit off these lot. 

I'd recommend looking at the history of those players' values to see what exactly prompted their boost or decrease in value. Mahrez was definitely lower than that at one point. Thing is I do think he could shoot up as I think he'll be a revelation at Man City.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

I'd recommend looking at the history of those players' values to see what exactly prompted their boost or decrease in value. Mahrez was definitely lower than that at one point. Thing is I do think he could shoot up as I think he'll be a revelation at Man City.

I was reading that Ederson was one of the better (potentially the best) keeper on there from the Premier League and 1.06 for a keeper from a team that only conceded twenty-seven goals last season and a summer that has seen very few of their title rivals (probably only Liverpool I’d say) improve their respective sides, I fancy that price to increase over the next few months. 

Mahrez will generate newspaper articles this weekend with his fight for fitness for the Community Shield and I think he’ll play well when picked at City so that was the reason for that. 

Mariano was directly involved in a goal something like every 2 games for Lyon last season and with them in Europe this year too, I’m hoping he replicates that form in Ligue 1 (which starts next weekend ahead of Serie A and Bundesliga, where we’ve still got a few more weeks) and Europe. 

I’ll admit Rojo was more of an experimental buy tbh. I don’t get this Media Buzz thing and with him being linked with Everton, I bought him to see what, if anything, that would do to his price more than anything.

Hernandez seemed cheap to me at 0.99. World Cup winner and at Real Madrid where they’re in a Performance Buzz League and the Champions League, it seemed a good opportunity. With Real’s first five La Liga games being Getafe, Girona, Leganes, Bilbao and Espanyol, I’m thinking his price will jump up if Real win, which they should be doing in those games. 

This intrigues me. So for example could Mahrez's price rise in the next few days just because of media attention and without him actually playing?

Seems like you need to be on the ball with this and it's a bit of a slow burner.

55 minutes ago, Marc said:

This intrigues me. So for example could Mahrez's price rise in the next few days just because of media attention and without him actually playing?

Seems like you need to be on the ball with this and it's a bit of a slow burner.

Yeah. I don’t fully understand it but there’s a Performance Buzz which I assume is related around a game, so goals, assists and that and a Media Buzz which I guess is based around being in the news and transfer gossip. For example, I’ve seen Harry Maguire is well up there because of the constant United links. 

I put £20 and bought: 

2x Mina

2x David Silva

2x Leroy Sane

My logic with Mina is obvious. Silva and Sane will play on sunday in the community shield as neither went to the WC and City should beat Chelsea so hopefully they are involved. Does my logic make sense?

Also it seems putting £20 on is a bit pointless as even if I did very well it'd take ages to make decent money

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

I put £20 and bought: 

2x Mina

2x David Silva

2x Leroy Sane

My logic with Mina is obvious. Silva and Sane will play on sunday in the community shield as neither went to the WC and City should beat Chelsea so hopefully they are involved. Does my logic make sense?

Also it seems putting £20 on is a bit pointless as even if I did very well it'd take ages to make decent money

Yeah, my understanding is exactly as yours. 

I agree about the £20 though. It’s pennies and will return pennies. I’ve binned Betfair off because my account has had suspicious activity on it three times in a few months and they won’t tell me what’s been happening, so I’ve fucked them off because I don’t like the thought of my details and money in their hands and I’ve lumped it on Football Index. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, my understanding is exactly as yours. 

I agree about the £20 though. It’s pennies and will return pennies. I’ve binned Betfair off because my account has had suspicious activity on it three times in a few months and they won’t tell me what’s been happening, so I’ve fucked them off because I don’t like the thought of my details and money in their hands and I’ve lumped it on Football Index. 

But there's also the fact that if you lump £100 or so on Football Index it'd also be impossible to lost it all unlike betting on regular football where I lose a tenner or so a week.

On 27/07/2018 at 19:33, RandoEFC said:

On 27/07/2018 at 19:40, nudge said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me with bwin a few years back. After numerous phone calls and emailing them all they wanted, they only managed to return 11 Euro after weeks of waiting, and still owe me 9 Euro xD Cunts.

So.. They want you to provide your passport details over.. nothing dodge about that at all

In 6 months time we could have 24 Rando's and 30 Nudge's trudging around countries all over the globe... They won't look anything like you but who cares about that eh!!

What the hell, why not just send them all your bank account details while you are at it, Don't forget to send the secret pin number a well... or of course you could just withdraw all your cash and stuff it in a parcel and send it on to an unknown PO box of their choice... or at some pre arranged random drop off point... 

I'm so tempted to take part now.... 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

So.. They want you to provide your passport details over.. nothing dodge about that at all

In 6 months time we could have 24 Rando's and 30 Nudge's trudging around countries all over the globe... They won't look anything like you but who cares about that eh!!

What the hell, why not just send them all your bank account details while you are at it, Don't forget to send the secret pin number a well... or of course you could just withdraw all your cash and stuff it in a parcel and send it on to an unknown PO box of their choice... or at some pre arranged random drop off point... 

I'm so tempted to take part now.... 

as long as they sign-up here it's fine.

• The topic was pinned

Archived