talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

Got bored on Friday night after a couple of drinks, chucked a tenner into this again and bought 1x share in twenty-four goalkeepers. 

Across the first two months of the season there were 136 (74 in August and 62 up to Friday night) clean sheets in the major five leagues, so an average of 0.68 in IPD per month. Admittedly that’s based across all 98 teams in the 5 leagues and there’s 5-7 teams whose keepers aren’t on FI and there’s some I have no interest in buying, mainly because of age (Ben Foster and a few 34+ year olds in France, for example). 

Will probably just keep doing the IPD for a couple of months and see where I’m at. Goalkeepers are quite low risk and don’t tend to have the fluctuations that outfield players do on FI so I will sit on them till the next time they boom, as they tend to do a couple of times a year when people start speculating on changes to the Index. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s not someone I am looking at because of his price and my investment levels but I would recommend Conor Gallagher at Chelsea/Charlton. He’s started at Charlton like a house on fire and at 19 and being English, his current price or £1.40ish seems low for someone in those categories. 

On 02/10/2019 at 13:28, Smiley Culture said:

He’s not someone I am looking at because of his price and my investment levels but I would recommend Conor Gallagher at Chelsea/Charlton. He’s started at Charlton like a house on fire and at 19 and being English, his current price or £1.40ish seems low for someone in those categories. 

£1.57 now, up from £1.41 when I called him. Hope someone on here’s on him. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Big day today. Dividend "review" (increase) announcement at 6pm.

Yep. Got an 100% return on Dani Parejo because of all the excitement around it. Only purchased him early June.

Incase anybody not on FI reads this I urge you it's never too late to jump on. £800 deposited. £1160 returned. Joined late April. I just wish I had more balls.

@...Dan @Dan @Smiley Culture do you guys have any memory of what happened last year with the Christmas break? Did a lot of money get shifted to PL players? Trying to plan a strategy early incase I need to jump off and then back on Kimmich, Parejo, Oyarzabal etc.

On 02/10/2019 at 13:28, Smiley Culture said:

He jumped with a lot of Championship youngsters at the start of the season. But yes, if he's in somebody's price range he's a very good acquisition. From Chelsea I got on Dujon Sterling with the 10% bonus as at 52p he seemed good value for what is essentially Reece James in the age group below.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yep. Got an 100% return on Dani Parejo because of all the excitement around it. Only purchased him early June.

Incase anybody not on FI reads this I urge you it's never too late to jump on. £800 deposited. £1160 returned. Joined late April. I just wish I had more balls.

@...Dan @Dan @Smiley Culture do you guys have any memory of what happened last year with the Christmas break? Did a lot of money get shifted to PL players? Trying to plan a strategy early incase I need to jump off and then back on Kimmich, Parejo, Oyarzabal etc.

Yeah money did get moved into PL players, but the drops in the other players weren't that dramatic. I just held tight and waited for my players to bounce back. With the way players' prices react to injuries these days (a drop, then a rise immediately after (sometimes to even higher than the original price) as people want to get on at a bargain price...I think this will probably happen with non PL players too. I sold Cazorla at the end of last season at around 25p, because he would be a useless player to hold throughout the summer, but by the time the new season started he was about 50p, and now he's 85p. So for me it's better to be patient and think long term.

Chucked a tenner in on 27th Sept and bought 1x share in 23 ‘keepers. Currently have a portfolio worth £11.38 (after a 98p bonus), so looking at 13.8% in 22 days. Take that. Have diversified and now hold 14 keepers and 12 outfield players, whom I’m hoping increase in value over the next three years.

Will try and chuck another tenner in on payday and buy the better keepers again with IPD’s in mind and go from there. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Made £1200 off of £800 now. 

Going to reevaluate after the Christmas period if I want to double my investment or withdraw my investment and play with whatever profit I have.

You've turned 800 into 1200 or you're 1200 up? Either way, good job xD

Since I took money out to pay off my credit card and pay for a holiday, my portfolio's been a bit up and down. Big drop on Jeff Reine-Adélaïde because Lyon are a mess and he's not been used much. I only hold 10 players now, and several of them aren't in the best of form, or aren't playing, so it's been a bit dull for me recently. I feel like making some big changes.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

@Dan don't you hold Maddison and Soyuncu? One and two in the PB rankings as it stands, with not many games left. Could be a very good day for you.

I do. I've got quite a few Leicester players. We're a legitimately good team to buy players for - hence why I recommended Justin. Be patient with him, it'll come.

I've got 57 Soyuncu, bought for £0.36 each now worth £1.07 each.

I've got 72 Maddison, bought for £0.55 each now worth £4.36 each.

Maddison, Odegaard, Skov, Soumare, Tielemans, Golovin (thank you!!!) my best buys IMO. Made loads on them.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do. I've got quite a few Leicester players. We're a legitimately good team to buy players for - hence why I recommended Justin. Be patient with him, it'll come.

I've got 57 Soyuncu, bought for £0.36 each now worth £1.07 each.

I've got 72 Maddison, bought for £0.55 each now worth £4.36 each.

Maddison, Odegaard, Skov, Soumare, Tielemans, Golovin (thank you!!!) my best buys IMO. Made loads on them.

Haha you still have Golovin? See, I knew he'd come good in the end xD makes me sick looking at his price now when I sold 1333 futures at like 80p though xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Haha you still have Golovin? See, I knew he'd come good in the end xD makes me sick looking at his price now when I sold 1333 futures at like 80p though xD

I held onto him because I thought there was no point in cashing in, the reasoning for buying him was right.

He's absolutely shot up this season beyond logic to me - has he been that good?

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I held onto him because I thought there was no point in cashing in, the reasoning for buying him was right.

He's absolutely shot up this season beyond logic to me - has he been that good?

He's always been capable of big PB scores, and a week after I sold him he got 2 goals and an assist against Nice and won star man. He flew up because of that, and he's continued to rise because Monaco are in good form and he's Russia's star player. I don't think I've watched Monaco since that Nice match.

Oscar Melendo with a PB score of 250 tonight and was taken off in the 72nd minute. Held onto 1st place until the 12th minute of stoppage time in the Wolves match (after they took the lead in the 92nd minute). A few passes right at the end by Moutinho took him 4 points clear of Melendo :( I have 1000 shares so that would've been £80 in dividends.

At the same time Corchia was top of the defender rankings with 253 points. I hadn't noticed Doherty's score before, but I refreshed and found that he was suddenly at 251. I was praying that that was after the clean sheet bonus and Wolves hadn't robbed me twice xD It's been a good ten minutes now so I'm pretty sure Corchia has won it :D I have 2000 shares, so that's £160 in dividends 😍

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone who isn't already on the index comes in here, but just in case...now would be a great time to sign up. The usual £10 referral bonus has gone up to £50 for Christmas.

http://links.email.footballindex.co.uk/ctt?kn=54&ms=ODA4MTYwOAS2&r=MjAyOTIxODI4MTcyS0&b=0&j=MTQxMTg2NzAxMwS2&mt=1&rt=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 14:54, ...Dan said:

I don't think anyone who isn't already on the index comes in here, but just in case...now would be a great time to sign up. The usual £10 referral bonus has gone up to £50 for Christmas.

http://links.email.footballindex.co.uk/ctt?kn=54&ms=ODA4MTYwOAS2&r=MjAyOTIxODI4MTcyS0&b=0&j=MTQxMTg2NzAxMwS2&mt=1&rt=0

I second this. January is going to be a big marketing push.

To put it in perspective I felt confident enough to put in another £400 in the last three weeks and I've made just shy of £100. You're not going to get those returns from an Isa.

As a player I'd give myself a 4/10 too, I'm no where near as good as others, if you've got a good footballing knowledge youd excel at this while the market is growing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

People have been pumping James Justin @Dan on Twitter Dan.

I cannot believe how some people have become so influential on Twitter in a growing market. Youd have to be pretty unlucky to buy somebody who doesn't go up at some point in 12 months.

That's without him even playing much at all as well. He'll likely be higher again in a year's time. European football will see him get more gametime.

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

People have been pumping James Justin @Dan on Twitter Dan.

I cannot believe how some people have become so influential on Twitter in a growing market. Youd have to be pretty unlucky to buy somebody who doesn't go up at some point in 12 months.

It's because of rumours of Pereira leaving isn't it?

Archived