Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Football Index

Center backs tend to have a lower value than wing backs because wing backs tend to win more dividends. The scoring matrix is weighted slightly in favour of players who cross a lot. Hence why Trent Alexander-Arnold is £7+. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Center backs tend to have a lower value than wing backs because wing backs tend to win more dividends. The scoring matrix is weighted slightly in favour of players who cross a lot. Hence why Trent Alexander-Arnold is £7+. 

I've conducted some additional research taking this into account. I've identified a few potential targets, mostly attacking midfielders. The Bundesliga is set to resume on 9th May - they just require government approval, which means players should experience a surge in value. I'm definitely feeling Palko Dardai at 53p a share.

I've put about £1700 in this over the past month or two. I'm going a bit mad. I've never had disposable income like this and I've got enough of a track record to suggest that I'll buy well so fuck it. Welcome to the party.

On 22/04/2020 at 19:40, The Palace Fan said:

His price will rise the more shares are bought in him. I dont know the exact number of shares it takes to kove a player but I know it drops the higher up they go.

900 shares I believe.

Shoved £10 in today and no idea really what I'm doing. Just going to play around with it and if I get anywhere, I do. If not, it's only £10 deposited anyway!

16 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Shoved £10 in today and no idea really what I'm doing. Just going to play around with it and if I get anywhere, I do. If not, it's only £10 deposited anyway!

Welcome to the club. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Welcome to the club. 

Thanks! Hopefully my knowledge of who is going to do well and who isn't will improve as I go. Gone for a couple of 'bigger' names and then some from the Championship/lower end Premier League who I think will either get moves in the summer or will do well next season.

My shares are giving me a profit at the moment for the first time since I started. Still can't sell any of them for more than what I paid but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it all now.

@Pyfish Good to hear. The majority of people have had money pissing out their accounts at the minute so see it as a real positive!

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Pyfish Good to hear. The majority of people have had money pissing out their accounts at the minute so see it as a real positive!

Thanks, I'm slowly investing more money in but still only getting a profit of a couple of pence but once I get more shares in players etc, it'll grow I'm sure :) still dipping my toes in but enjoying it!

5x in-play dividends from tomorrow until the end of September, that's massive. 

I'm tempted to just lash some money at more 'obvious' players. My post COVID buys have been pretty crap on the whole. Loads of Bundesliga players (such as Neuhaus, Schlager) who did nothing.

37 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm tempted to just lash some money at more 'obvious' players. My post COVID buys have been pretty crap on the whole. Loads of Bundesliga players (such as Neuhaus, Schlager) who did nothing.

I'd stick with Neuhaus if I were you (if you're not planning to).

He was quality pre-COVID for Gladbach. Destined for bigger things no doubt. 

I've been doing alright on dividends lately so this is great news!

Dean Henderson is my most profitable player currently. Wish I'd shoved a bit more on him!

I've bought 250 Rebic at 80p. Hopefully he'll bag a few goals and assists in Milan's last 3 matches of the season.

On 24/07/2020 at 13:25, Stan said:

I'd stick with Neuhaus if I were you (if you're not planning to).

He was quality pre-COVID for Gladbach. Destined for bigger things no doubt. 

When I buy players I rarely do it with the intention to sell, I usually buy players who I don't think can really come down anyway. I've bought numerous Bundesliga players who amounted to little.

At times I think I just need to get on the hype train. I should've bought a load of Havertz.

On 25/07/2020 at 18:14, Dan said:

When I buy players I rarely do it with the intention to sell, I usually buy players who I don't think can really come down anyway. I've bought numerous Bundesliga players who amounted to little.

At times I think I just need to get on the hype train. I should've bought a load of Havertz.

I must admit my strategy has somewhat changed as a result of sell orders and TOTM. We are effectively competing against each other now that the liability has shifted from FI to its users and all its shown is that most users are tight as fuck with their bids. No more seeing tweets of people spending five figures on Arsenal reserve players because the "Ponzi not Ponzi" element of Capital Appreciation is practically gone now. I think the decisions here on in will be whats best for the platform as opposed to whats best for its current members.

Nobody seems to want to buy Kevin De Bruyne because of all the scare mongering around players over 25. Suits me down to a tee with his PB scores and upcoming international tournaments. Same with Lewandwoski. Buying shares at him under £2 with the upcoming schedule he has and proven returns just seems mental.

• Upvote 1

Currently regretting only having 1 share in some players. Jimenez has gone up by 30p today alone thanks to the United rumours. Dean Henderson is my only other one with an okay profit currently.

On 31/07/2020 at 09:32, The Palace Fan said:

I must admit my strategy has somewhat changed as a result of sell orders and TOTM. We are effectively competing against each other now that the liability has shifted from FI to its users and all its shown is that most users are tight as fuck with their bids. No more seeing tweets of people spending five figures on Arsenal reserve players because the "Ponzi not Ponzi" element of Capital Appreciation is practically gone now. I think the decisions here on in will be whats best for the platform as opposed to whats best for its current members.

Nobody seems to want to buy Kevin De Bruyne because of all the scare mongering around players over 25. Suits me down to a tee with his PB scores and upcoming international tournaments. Same with Lewandwoski. Buying shares at him under £2 with the upcoming schedule he has and proven returns just seems mental.

I honestly think it's become a bit boring now and a lot of the fun has gone out of it. I really quite enjoyed the whole idea of plucking obscure players before they got a decent move and making money that way but it's becoming clearer and clearer to me now that you need to just buy the 'names'. If I could trade my entire portfolio for the same value of Sancho, Foden, Fernandes & Greenwood I'd do it.

• Upvote 1

The IPD element will be absolutely ruined by the extension of the additional subs next season. When you take into account that some teams are going to have no rest period or pre-season due to still being in the Champions League or Europa League and restarting the 20/21 season in September and taking into account the sheer number of games some of these players will be involved in at club and International level, you’re going to see rotation a lot more, so players will be subbed off more. 

I’m sat on three players at the minute and have a load of my bank not in anyone as I’ve not really looked but I think it’s purely about buying the names now, which, as Dan says, takes the fun out of finding some obscure St Etienne player and cashing in when others find him.