talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So.. They want you to provide your passport details over.. nothing dodge about that at all

In 6 months time we could have 24 Rando's and 30 Nudge's trudging around countries all over the globe... They won't look anything like you but who cares about that eh!!

What the hell, why not just send them all your bank account details while you are at it, Don't forget to send the secret pin number a well... or of course you could just withdraw all your cash and stuff it in a parcel and send it on to an unknown PO box of their choice... or at some pre arranged random drop off point... 

I'm so tempted to take part now.... 

Granted, my bad experience was with BWIN, not with this Football Index thing... But yeah, never again. I get it that they might ask to verify your ID if there's suspicious activity on your account, but they suspended mine right after depositing €20 for the very first time :8_laughing: 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

In my case with bwin, the fuss is about them not returning the deposited amount after successfully verifying ID... So yeah, they can get fucked.

Yeah, that's clearly dodgy xD  but seeking to verify age in the first place is just them being compliant with the law. Obviously it's not ideal that they take payment first, but that's standard procedure in the industry.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

But there's also the fact that if you lump £100 or so on Football Index it'd also be impossible to lost it all unlike betting on regular football where I lose a tenner or so a week.

You’ll only lose money if you sell at a lower price than what you bought at. It’s not out of your hands like betting on say Forest Green Rovers v Morecambe is. 

50 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Gambling sites need to verify your age in order to let you play. I really don't understand what the fuss is here?

I'm tempted to have a look at this as well. Can you bet on prices to go down? I have a few ideas of players about to go down in value xD

No, you can’t.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

So.. They want you to provide your passport details over.. nothing dodge about that at all

In 6 months time we could have 24 Rando's and 30 Nudge's trudging around countries all over the globe... They won't look anything like you but who cares about that eh!!

What the hell, why not just send them all your bank account details while you are at it, Don't forget to send the secret pin number a well... or of course you could just withdraw all your cash and stuff it in a parcel and send it on to an unknown PO box of their choice... or at some pre arranged random drop off point... 

I'm so tempted to take part now.... 

I checked the email again today. The problem will be that I'm in the Isle of Man instead of England so not on their usual databases. They want proof of ID and address and I just can't be arsed. 

30 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’ll only lose money if you sell at a lower price than what you bought at. It’s not out of your hands like betting on say Forest Green Rovers v Morecambe is. 

No, you can’t.

Yeah, but what i mean is, it's almost impossible to end up with zero money.

I think this will be very popular in 12 months

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Yeah, but what i mean is, it's almost impossible to end up with zero money.

I think this will be very popular in 12 months

As will the name Inga I suspect... 

Inga Kowalska

Inga Angelopolous

Inga Aguillard

So on and so forth.... 

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I checked the email again today. The problem will be that I'm in the Isle of Man instead of England so not on their usual databases. They want proof of ID and address and I just can't be arsed. 

I'm purely speculating here so could be wrong (and maybe this is common knowledge), but some of these companies check names and addresses against the electoral register. If you registered with a different address to the one you're registered to vote with, that could be what caused the error.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I'm purely speculating here so could be wrong (and maybe this is common knowledge), but some of these companies check names and addresses against the electoral register. If you registered with a different address to the one you're registered to vote with, that could be what caused the error.

Yeah it will be that or something similar. It's almost a year to the day I moved from England back to the Isle of Man and I spent a few months living with the parents at the address where my driving licence and bank account are registered before moving out to a rented place where I am now, with the address I registered for this website with that doesn't match my passport, driving licence, electoral register address or anything.

Oh well, not arsed.

• Subscriber
On 19/07/2018 at 22:25, RandoEFC said:

I've heard this website advertised on a podcast I listen to and it comes up regularly in my ads on here. It looks like an interesting new type of betting where you basically "invest in" players then their value changes based on their performances and some sort of measure of media perception.

Anyone else heard anything about it? Tempted to dabble with a few quid though no doubt I'll be shit at it.

Yes, a lad i know has been trying to get me into it for soooo long. Doesn't interest me but he loves it.

Mina has dropped, I know i'm asking a question that you don't know the answer to but i'm struggling to work out when is best to sell. For example Mina had loads of transfer rumours so price shot up, it has now steadied and dropped slightly.. but surely he will still go somewhere in the next week so may rise again?

And then eventually drop just after a transfer goes through? 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Mina has dropped, I know i'm asking a question that you don't know the answer to but i'm struggling to work out when is best to sell. For example Mina had loads of transfer rumours so price shot up, it has now steadied and dropped slightly.. but surely he will still go somewhere in the next week so may rise again?

And then eventually drop just after a transfer goes through? 

I reckon he'll rise again ahead of deadline day. After that it'll be down to his performances.

Been on it about a week and i'm about 50p up... not really sure what to make of it. I've got about £100 on there now, but I think you'd have to deposit £500+ to make any significant profit. The selling costs of 2% are annoying because it means you have to be very patient. For example I bought a few David Silva's, the share price has stayed the same, if I sell now I lose money because the selling price is lower, so the sensible thing would be to hold on and be patient, but that's pretty boring and i'm impatient so i'm going to sell and re-invest elsewhere.

There's also some very questionable social media accounts in relation to Football index that only post their 'winnings' and don't tweet about anything else. I'm calling bullshit on some of these. Plus there's been lots of errors on the site where peoples account still haven't been fixed and they still haven't got the correct money or portfolio.

In summary i think it's a decent game and very good concept, but a bit slow for my liking, I won't be depositing more than £100 on a website that doesn't seem particularly stable and I think are possibly struggling to deal with the influx of new customers. (They are Bristol rovers shirt sponsors and are apparently having adverts on SSN soon).

I can't see me making or losing much on it

Yeah, I’ve been on this a week and it’s not something I’m expecting to make much from. I’ve got £140 on there in players and in the “bank” and have only really made a few quid by holding some of the players I have over that week. Like Leroy Sane, has jumped by 0.21 since I bought him but only enough to earn me 35p before the 2% tax.

There’s got to be a way that you can flip players but I’ve not really had the time to test any potential strategies.

I think it’s only going to grow and it’s in its infancy so errors are to be expected. 

I’ll keep at this but I don’t think I will ever be in the green by stacks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it based on current form/media attention rather than stature in the game? Timothy Weah costs more than Saul, Koke and Verratti at the moment. Saul hasn't been worth more than £2 in the last year, but Federico Chiesa is worth £2.38 right now.

Anyone expermented with buying players based on transfer rumours and selling when they're sold? I had 7 shares of Denayer, been waiting a week for the transfer to finally be made official...his price shot up to 80p then back down, then back up...I decided to sell at 79p an hour or two after the announcement this morning, but now this evening he's up to 93p (selling at 90). I've definitely misjudged it on my first try. Will wait longer next time.

• Subscriber

I've deposited in total about £140 and my portfolio is worth £230 so I'm doing something right.

I wish I'd bought more James Maddison than I did. He's about doubled now since I bought him.

Yves Bissouma was a solid investment too.

• Administrator

what's the lowest ranking (in terms of league they play in) of players on this site?

Could you pluck a 'wonderkid' from Brazil and wait for him to make a big move (like Arthur or Vinicius Jr)? Or a Kante-esque player from Ligue 2 in France?

Or is it Championship-level and above?

• Subscriber

image.png.51444b5a067063dcec01e4165c9539f1.png

This is my portfolio.

Dropped a bit of a clanger on Soyuncu. I'd actually recommend buying him now though as he is by all accounts excellent and has only dipped due to us waiting on his work permit.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's the lowest ranking (in terms of league they play in) of players on this site?

Could you pluck a 'wonderkid' from Brazil and wait for him to make a big move (like Arthur or Vinicius Jr)? Or a Kante-esque player from Ligue 2 in France?

Or is it Championship-level and above?

It seems to really vary which is annoying. I can't even buy Benkovic.

• The topic was pinned

Archived