• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
RandoEFC

Football Index

Recommended Posts

With the IPD’s you get for 30 days when you buy a player, is there a way to continually get them from the same player throughout the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

With the IPD’s you get for 30 days when you buy a player, is there a way to continually get them from the same player throughout the season?

Sell and rebuy. I don't do it myself, you'll rack up a lot of commission like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Sell and rebuy. I don't do it myself, you'll rack up a lot of commission like that.

Suppose it could be worth while if you hold a large amount of a player and he gets good IPD in a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought Van de Beek at the worst time. He's gone down 12p. Schoolboy error. Still think he could go up though. He's been the real revelation of this Ajax side for me - was well documented how good de Ligt, de Jong and Ziyech were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bought Van de Beek at the worst time. He's gone down 12p. Schoolboy error. Still think he could go up though. He's been the real revelation of this Ajax side for me - was well documented how good de Ligt, de Jong and Ziyech were.

Nothing to worry about. Second leg next week, he’s bound to be in the Dutch squad for the Nations League, potentially a Champions League Final and he’s bound to be linked with clubs every window now till he moves. 

Hazard, Neymar and Bale have all dropped in my portfolio since the summer bonus pay out. Annoying seeing minuses and not seeing as much profit as before but I’m not worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nothing to worry about. Second leg next week, he’s bound to be in the Dutch squad for the Nations League, potentially a Champions League Final and he’s bound to be linked with clubs every window now till he moves. 

Hazard, Neymar and Bale have all dropped in my portfolio since the summer bonus pay out. Annoying seeing minuses and not seeing as much profit as before but I’m not worried. 

I'm not worried at all, my wins on the likes of Skov, Maddison, Tielemans etc... will pretty much guarantee me profit because I won't buy anyone that'll drop significantly. Even the Golovin loss which was a bit of a gamble gone wrong ultimately pales into insignificance compared to the profits the others brought in.

As a side note I think Holland to win Euro 2020 is a good shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have hit a brick wall in the last week. Had a look at FI forums and thankfully it seems a common thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I have hit a brick wall in the last week. Had a look at FI forums and thankfully it seems a common thing.

Same. Losses on some big names by FI standards but I’m just being patient. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah some minor drops after a massive period of growth...it's normal. I was down about £100 in a few days but I spotted Reine-Adelaïde being linked with Lille last night, bought 1000, then woke up this morning to a £160 rise in my portfolio :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

Van de Beek looking every inch a stupid buy. Could rise again yet but I timed that one terribly and I worried at the time I had.

Would you bother buying Celik from Lille? He's only 40p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

Van de Beek looking every inch a stupid buy. Could rise again yet but I timed that one terribly and I worried at the time I had.

Would you bother buying Celik from Lille? He's only 40p.

Yep I really like Celik. I think I saw stories saying he could move this summer as well. If not Lille are in the CL anyway so he's a good player to hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Yep I really like Celik. I think I saw stories saying he could move this summer as well. If not Lille are in the CL anyway so he's a good player to hold.

Tempted to lob quite a bit at him, he's been quite highly rated and is cheap as hell. Might be worth another £50.

Done it. 123 shares @ 42p a share. That'll do.

Are Lille a club in general to follow? Their recruitment seems really impressive.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gone back down a bit in the past week but I do think ultimately if you are fundamentally buying players that are surely going to grow in stature (like I say, Norwich's full backs) then I can't see how you won't profit in the long run.

Van de Beek has been a shit buy for me so far but I'm hoping the nations league sees an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Thoughts on Ignatius Ganago, @...Dan?

He's had a few chances in the first team this season because of Nice's lack of strikers...they'll strengthen in the summer and I think he'll get less game time. Haven't really seen enough of him to judge his quality and potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2019 at 00:37, Dan said:

Tempted to lob quite a bit at him, he's been quite highly rated and is cheap as hell. Might be worth another £50.

Done it. 123 shares @ 42p a share. That'll do.

Are Lille a club in general to follow? Their recruitment seems really impressive.

Yeah definitely. Luis Campos, the guy who built that great Monaco side a few years ago, is the guy behind Lille's transfer business now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2019 at 00:20, Dan said:

You need to get tipping us about these French ones!

I've been on him a while now because I was sure he'd move and I really like him. Rumours starting to surface now.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the more vocal players on Twitter have lost it over the recent positional changes. They all say "I'm still up by a couple of hundred this weekend but ..... " and then tweet Football Index asking to be refunded for their losses this weekend xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit annoyed you cant trade abroad. If somebody like De Ligt transfers whilst I'm away at the end of the month i could end up losing serious money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm a bit annoyed you cant trade abroad. If somebody like De Ligt transfers whilst I'm away at the end of the month i could end up losing serious money.

Not that it’s any use now but I imagine we will get to a point where you can put stops on futures, so if they reach a certain pre-determined price it automatically sells on your behalf. 

I had this last summer when I ventured into the Index. I bought some Kepa and had a busy couple of days at work and with a couple of other things, completely missing the confirmation that he’d signed for Chelsea and the subsequent crash when people got off him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement