talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

It's because of rumours of Pereira leaving isn't it?

Ricardo won't be sold this month. I think anybody on the fringes of our squad, like Justin and Benkovic are good buys because we'll have more games next year. I've got a fair bit on Benkovic. My only worry is he's seemingly a bit injury prone and he went off again against Wigan so I'd consider holding fire. He's very cheap though and he's clearly quite good.

Choudhury may be an alright buy from us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'll be honest I'm still relatively clueless about a lot of the mechanisms on FI. Even dividends I have only a vague knowledge. I simply just buy players in a style similar to how I would on FM in that I expect their values to go up and it's been pretty successful xD god knows what all this bit's about.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@...Dan I've gone in on one of your boys this payday, Marc Roca. 

With his form at Espanyol, current injury lay off stagnating price and being just under that £1 quick rise threshold I'm hopeing he will have a big boost once transfer links to clubs playing in Europe next season start.

Nice one. Yeah, I can't wait to see him at a good team that dominates games. He'll be worth a lot more next season, no doubt.

Not injured btw, Espanyol just threw their match last night to concentrate on survival in the league. Rested several key players.

I've started buying players for next season. Baptiste Santamaria, Sofyan Amrabat (already signed for Fiorentina) and Hassane Kamara will all move this summer I think, they join Marc Roca, Jérémie Boga and Youcef Atal who I've held for a while and will definitely move this summer. A more risky one is Vincent Koziello. Was brilliant when he broke through at Nice a few years ago, but spent the last two years in Germany where he barely played for Koln. He's gone on loan to relegation battling Paris FC in Ligue 2 for the rest of the season to get his match fitness back and attract suitors. At 28p I thought it was a good risk to take. Hopefully a Ligue 1 side will be impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I'm having a nightmare. I got told of the Ricardo ACL injury about an hour before it was publicly released so went to cash in on my Ricardo shares and it wasn't letting me. Checked again later and he's dropped as you'd expect but even worse is that the sell price has absolutely nosedived on nearly everyone, I think linked to Coronavirus.

Just hugely unlucky. Nothing else you can say really. I think everyone is going to take a hit on this for a while but what can you do eh? People are likely to lose out due to a totally unexpected situation.

Don't get me wrong I'm still obviously in good profit but the sell prices at the minute are horrific and it could take a long time for them to go back up again.

Very, very easy to say now but I should've just sold the lot a fortnight ago.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm having a nightmare. I got told of the Ricardo ACL injury about an hour before it was publicly released so went to cash in on my Ricardo shares and it wasn't letting me. Checked again later and he's dropped as you'd expect but even worse is that the sell price has absolutely nosedived on nearly everyone, I think linked to Coronavirus.

Just hugely unlucky. Nothing else you can say really. I think everyone is going to take a hit on this for a while but what can you do eh? People are likely to lose out due to a totally unexpected situation.

Don't get me wrong I'm still obviously in good profit but the sell prices at the minute are horrific and it could take a long time for them to go back up again.

Very, very easy to say now but I should've just sold the lot a fortnight ago.

Yeah they widened the spreads to reduce the effect of coronavirus on the market, people will think twice about instant selling at those prices. I'm a few hundred pound down in the last few days, but still about 7 grand up overall. Football isn't over forever, I'm not panicking, the prices will rise again eventually. I deposited another £300 yesterday to make the most of the dips, and I plan to put more in when I have it.

At the moment it looks really bad, but I'm not worried about my money in the long term.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah they widened the spreads to reduce the effect of coronavirus on the market, people will think twice about instant selling at those prices. I'm a few hundred pound down in the last few days, but still about 7 grand up overall. Football isn't over forever, I'm not panicking, the prices will rise again eventually. I deposited another £300 yesterday to make the most of the dips, and I plan to put more in when I have it.

At the moment it looks really bad, but I'm not worried about my money in the long term.

My problem is I want to cash in on Maddison, I've got this idea that he may have already peaked in value on FI and that I'm waiting for a big performance to eventually cash in on. By the time I get him sold I think he could well be down to £3.50ish but that's just me being cynical - I think people are going off him a bit and favouring Grealish.

Why the hell could he have not smashed it Monday eh?

I agree with you that football will obviously get back to normal one day but it could take a while. Just feel like a lot of the savvy work is going to prove pretty useless.

Who are you buying at the minute? I'm intrigued.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

My problem is I want to cash in on Maddison, I've got this idea that he may have already peaked in value on FI and that I'm waiting for a big performance to eventually cash in on. By the time I get him sold I think he could well be down to £3.50ish but that's just me being cynical - I think people are going off him a bit and favouring Grealish.

Why the hell could he have not smashed it Monday eh?

I agree with you that football will obviously get back to normal one day but it could take a while. Just feel like a lot of the savvy work is going to prove pretty useless.

Who are you buying at the minute? I'm intrigued.

I'm buying players who will be at better clubs next season. Sangaré my latest purchase after a big drop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ll be honest, I’ve barely looked at FI since all this kicked off. Felt less need to I suppose but I wasn’t overly worried about it, probably due to how little I had in the Index. 

Just started having a bit of a look, with investing some more in mind, there’s a good few players I’ve seen who are at their lowest price for a while. 

• Subscriber

To me that's kind of the trick of things like this - something tells me now is a brilliant time to buy, I don't speak for everyone here and I appreciate that but I've got a lot more disposable income at the minute than I think I've ever had, there's no football so effectively every player is going under the radar, and the Index is only getting bigger with Spain and Germany getting access to it next year.

I've invested £400 in the past fortnight and I don't think I'm going to stop there either.

2 hours ago, Deco said:

I've been looking at getting into Football Index for some time now. Surely it's no different from the stock market, only slower and less sporadic?

What's everyone's recommendation for a first deposit size? I want to start my portfolio quite small and build up from just one deposit.

Id personally start at £100 - £200 to get a feel of what makes players rise and fall. If you miscalculate some things at first dont be too hard on yourself. Everybody makes mistakes but everybody that seems to stick with it seems to make profit.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask in this section. 

18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Id personally start at £100 - £200 to get a feel of what makes players rise and fall. If you miscalculate some things at first dont be too hard on yourself. Everybody makes mistakes but everybody that seems to stick with it seems to make profit.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Luckily I've been reading into stocks and shares recently and am investing into that shortly. If I start doing well in that then I'll be sure to start investing into footballers. I tend to do well on the sports bets as well, landing a 400/1 acca on a fiver at the start of the season. So I tend to be quite lucky. Hopefully the same can be said for this too! There's a young Welsh winger at Schalke at the moment, Rabbi Matondo, and I think he'd be the perfect player to invest in.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Still waiting for mine to be answered haha 

14 hours ago, Deco said:

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Luckily I've been reading into stocks and shares recently and am investing into that shortly. If I start doing well in that then I'll be sure to start investing into footballers. I tend to do well on the sports bets as well, landing a 400/1 acca on a fiver at the start of the season. So I tend to be quite lucky. Hopefully the same can be said for this too! There's a young Welsh winger at Schalke at the moment, Rabbi Matondo, and I think he'd be the perfect player to invest in.

I dont hold him personally but Rabbi Matondo is a great shout. German football is returning and player may see him as a lower base Sancho due to their similarities. 

Archived