talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Rooney Swaps Aberdeen for Non-League Salford City

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what, if any, rules there are in the National Leagues regarding teams’ spending but they’ve got to be up there with the biggest spenders at that level and probably League Two, as well. 

Most of these non-league clubs fall by the wayside after a few years (Rushden & Diamonds), so I do wonder how sustainable this all is. 

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not sure what, if any, rules there are in the National Leagues regarding teams’ spending but they’ve got to be up there with the biggest spenders at that level and probably League Two, as well. 

Most of these non-league clubs fall by the wayside after a few years (Rushden & Diamonds), so I do wonder how sustainable this all is. 

Probably more sustainable when you've got the class of 92 behind you.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Don't "like" them as such. Just a well run, local club. What's not to like?

Other than them being the antithesis of a well-run, local club?

They're spending more than clubs two divisions above them; they are nothing more than a pub team owned by a foreign billionaire and some bored ex-footballers too indifferent/shit to move into coaching. I don't buy into this 'community' angle they're harping on about, it's simply an ego trip for the *spaff spaff* Class of 92.

Tinpot, heavily bankrolled clubs like this are making a mockery of historic, well supported, genuinely community-centric clubs such as Stockport County - simply because they're flavour of the month with a few rich blokes with nothing better to do with their time.

I sincerely hope they go bust. They will, in time.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Neville's got in to a 'Twitter row' with Accrington Stanley's chairman about the finances and alleging Salford are 'stealing' another club's place in the EFL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44894821

Stinks of jealousy really. 

I’m not sure how you can “steal” something that isn’t theirs, isn’t guaranteed to be theirs and isn’t gained unlawfully. If there are rules in place, of which I believe there is, that allows people like The Class of 92/Peter Lim to invest heavily into their playing squad, then they’re free to do so. 

Archived