talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tap in when you’re ready for the season to start

football forum

Ok. I’ve  enjoyed the nice week or so break since the World Cup finished. But Liverpool have done their transfer business now and I’m excited about the year ahead under Klopp watching the new players bed in. And i have the optimism and the energy required.

So I’m officially buzzing in... I’m ready for the season to start. 

C19EDCD8-8706-477D-BF9B-C23BC18475CB.gif

Do the same when you get to that same point.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s to “eh” about?

is your team ready?

do you have the energy?

do you have the level of optimism that is ideally there at the start of the season?

when do you hit that point that you’re ready to get the season going again?

Willian Barca bound. 

Rumors of both Pedro and Hazard leaving

Rumors of Morata leaving. 

Rumors of Bakyoko going out on loan and Drinkwater + Cahill leaving. 

Rumors of Higuain, Golovin, and Rugani yet nothing really happening atm. 

No idea if we will need to replace Hazard, or in fact we have a replacement lined up for Willian. 

No idea if Courtois is leaving, and if we have a replacement. 

Going to be a pretty hectic last 2 weeks for us xD

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Willian Barca bound. 

Rumors of both Pedro and Hazard leaving

Rumors of Morata leaving. 

Rumors of Bakyoko going out on loan and Drinkwater + Cahill leaving. 

Rumors of Higuain, Golovin, and Rugani yet nothing really happening atm. 

No idea if we will need to replace Hazard, or in fact we have a replacement lined up for Willian. 

No idea if Courtois is leaving, and if we have a replacement. 

Going to be a pretty hectic last 2 weeks for us xD

Yeah i don't envy your position. Seems a bit like arsenal the previous year with more links of players going out than in. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I was ready when last season finished, regardless of World Cup xD 

I'm looking for a Simpson's scene on YouTube. 

Moe: you'll be back. And you. And especially,  you!

Barney: of course I'll be back. If you didn't close I'd never leave! 

That's you mate with the EPL! 😆

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ignore @Stan, he's always been a little bit different to the rest of us.

you're telling me you weren't looking forward to domestic football when last season finished?

I wasn't lookong forward to it that much because the world cup was so amazing it is a bit like after the lords mayor's show. But i am exited now we a new manager and im exited to see what we can do

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I wasn't lookong forward to it that much because the world cup was so amazing it is a bit like after the lords mayor's show. But i am exited now we a new manager and im exited to see what we can do

Arsenal will be massively interesting this year. How will they compare to united in the post fergie early years...?

Will the wenger philosophy be preserved? 

I'm more interested in arsenal than i have been in years....

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Arsenal will be massively interesting this year. How will they compare to united in the post fergie early years...?

Will the wenger philosophy be preserved? 

I'm more interested in arsenal than i have been in years....

It was a bit different when fergie left united in my opinion. He was arguably the best manager ever and had just won the league. Wenger is better than most but not in the same league as fergie and went because we were underperforming. If emery finishes in the top 4 most would consider it a very good first season. Moyes didn't have that luxury 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It was a bit different when fergie left united in my opinion. He was arguably the best manager ever and had just won the league. Wenger is better than most but not in the same league as fergie and went because we were underperforming. If emery finishes in the top 4 most would consider it a very good first season. Moyes didn't have that luxury 

Agree top 4 is great. Don't think the difference between fergie and wenger is that large tho tbh. Fergie was just as much of a dinosaur as wenger by the end. He just got lucky having Ronaldo on his team... otherwise he'd have had as much a barren run as Arsenal  have since Chelsea and Man city entered stage left. 

To be honest I'm not sure top 4 should be the aim for arsenal. More the best case scenario. 

I'd be looking for solid consistency, stability a good cup run and the type of football that will interest some exciting young prospects in the arsenal rebuild project do you can recruit better next summer...

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agree top 4 is great. Don't think the difference between fergie and wenger is that large tho tbh. Fergie was just as much of a dinosaur as wenger by the end. He just got lucky having Ronaldo on his team... otherwise he'd have had as much a barren run as Arsenal  have since Chelsea and Man city entered stage left. 

Ronaldo left in 2009 and man utd won what 2 leagues in the 4 years after that.  Fergie would never have a baron run like us in my opinion 

51 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ronaldo left in 2009 and man utd won what 2 leagues in the 4 years after that.  Fergie would never have a baron run like us in my opinion 

It's maybe slightly exaggerated but i'd say the difference between united and arsenal post 2005 is 50% ronaldo, 40% greater revenues and 10% fergie...

If ronaldo isn't there they don't win those 3 titles,  mourinho doesn't leave Chelsea, the majority of players united recruit don't go there. He's not breaking that drought. 

Fergie deserves alot of his reputation but it does get exaggerated... he really wasn't tactically astute, just set a great winning mentality and with the biggest budget in the league and the best player in the world in a less competitive era he was able to win titles....

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's maybe slightly exaggerated but i'd say the difference between united and arsenal post 2005 is 50% ronaldo, 40% greater revenues and 10% fergie...

If ronaldo isn't there they don't win those 3 titles,  mourinho doesn't leave Chelsea, the majority of players united recruit don't go there. He's not breaking that drought. 

Fergie deserves alot of his reputation but it does get exaggerated... he really wasn't tactically astute, just set a great winning mentality and with the biggest budget in the league and the best player in the world in a less competitive era he was able to win titles....

You may be right but personally I'm not so sure. We will respectfully jave to agree to disagree 

Archived