talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 Asian Games- Indonesia

football forum

8f55dca501abb7a1a8e8090f14067283.jpg?m=c

Asian Games are one of the oldest alongside with Pan American games but the most prestigous regional multi-sport event. 

Indonesia is hosting the event for the second time after 1962 and this will the first time after 20 years the games will be played in South East Asia when Bangkok hosted it in 1998 last time.

I'll be posting more in coming days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This one was supposed to take place in Vietnam, but they opted out of being the host some time after winning the bid; it's just too expensive and not very beneficial economically. 

• Subscriber

Indonesian football fans damaged a stadium which is supposed to host Asian Games (and was renovated for it); over 300 seats ripped from the stands and thrown over the pitch during a local match. 

3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Better than Racist chants

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Huh?

If we are just chucking in random things I will have a go.... 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Indonesian football fans damaged a stadium which is supposed to host Asian Games (and was renovated for it); over 300 seats ripped from the stands and thrown over the pitch during a local match. 

Better than selling Ice Cream from a stall that does not have those little nut sprinkles.... 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

A Redraw will be held for mens football after two more teams are added.

Same format now two groups will have five teams

Di719pLW0AEIFCQ.jpg

Redrawn groups with Palestine added to Group A and UAE to Group E. 

Mens Hockey Group stages

Pool A                     Pool B

India                        Malaysia

South Korea           Pakistan

Japan                     Bangladesh

Sri Lanka               Oman

Hong Kong           Thailand

Indonesia

Top two qualify for the semis from each group

Our football team has been playing practise matches against Bahraini top division clubs and they played well. Two wins out of three. The team is off to Turkey now.

First time we've had a South American coach (Brazilian) and i always thought South American coaches can do better with Asian sides like us were people want to see goals and rough tackles.

And our New kit is :17_heart_eyes:

DjTNJxvWsAI8f-P?format=jpg

On 29/07/2018 at 08:42, Devon Von Devon said:

a win against Nepal and a draw against Vietnam should be good enough for us in football.

How big is football in Pakistan? I've heard it about the 3rd most popular sport but quite a bit of cricket I imagine

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How big is football in Pakistan? I've heard it about the 3rd most popular sport but quite a bit of cricket I imagine

Quite popular in some areas that its the most played sport.

We and India use to be quite good at Asian level in the 50s and 60s with India obviously having the edge in resources. Far ahead than Southeast Asians and on par with the likes of Japan.

India is in the right direction we are making baby steps.

50 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Quite popular in some areas that its the most played sport.

We and India use to be quite good at Asian level in the 50s and 60s with India obviously having the edge in resources. Far ahead than Southeast Asians and on par with the likes of Japan.

India is in the right direction we are making baby steps.

Interesting story is that a team of indian players once played a team of english players. Not sure when it was but it was a very important step in breaking down racial barriers as india were regarded as inferior athletically but won the game. I imagine you may know a bit more about it than me? 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Interesting story is that a team of indian players once played a team of english players. Not sure when it was but it was a very important step in breaking down racial barriers as india were regarded as inferior athletically but won the game. I imagine you may know a bit more about it than me? 

You are taking about Mohen Bagan i suppose ? When they won bare footed 

Archived