Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Max Meyer Signs for Crystal Palace

plenty of discussion in the Bundesliga about this very man :D

I asked the same question haha.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

How the fuck has he not found another club yet?

Cause he's delusional and greedy. Probably things he can start for Chelsea week in week out on a 150k per week. When in reality he's gonna get 70-80 at a club like West Ham. 

I thought he already agreed to join Hoffenheim...?

The Guardian are reporting German midfielder Max Meyer could be on his way to Crystal Palace ahead of the new season.

Just came in to post this. Wonder if his reported attitude problems will change if he moves to Palace. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just came in to post this. Wonder if his reported attitude problems will change if he moves to Palace. 

I have got a suspicion that we will get trumped by somebody else now. 

If he does join I reckon his attitude problems will improve over time. We've seen with the likes of Sakho, Puncheon, PVA etc. that the attitude and spirit of the club is rather infectous when things are going well. I'm sure he knows he has to be a key player to treat us as a stepping zone to get to a top six club on the money he wants too.

Oh my God. This is actually happening.

Crystal Palace are awaiting international clearance before announcing the signing of Max Meyer, according to Sky sources.

The Germany forward is a free agent after leaving Schalke at the end of last season.

Good on him if he pulls his head out of his arse and gets his career back on track. 

Will be interesting to see in what position he plays... 

• Upvote 1

Very interesting signing for Palace - and I think it's a gamble that's well worth it for them - despite the rumoured astronomical wages he is supposedly now getting (170k - @The Palace Fan may be able to debunk that because it does seem very high)

I've watched him quite a lot of the past few years, because we were one of the clubs he seemed to be constantly linked with. Only last year there was talk of a £40 million bid.

Something has gone wrong with his development along the way - the position switch whilst he adapted to it could certainly have affected his mindset, and the exodus  from Schalke over the last few years is hard to ignore. I think he's been badly advised running down his contract and the promises on offer to him - so he's basically starting again having lost his hype - but Palace should be a good move for him.

I can't help but having the nagging name Lewis Holtby in the back of my head though ... although Meyer is more naturally gifted.

I personally don't rate him very highly and his attitude seems to ruin him even more. Not too bad for Palace on a free transfer though.

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

Lewis Holtby, Mark 2

Copycat 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Very interesting signing for Palace - and I think it's a gamble that's well worth it for them - despite the rumoured astronomical wages he is supposedly now getting (170k - @The Palace Fan may be able to debunk that because it does seem very high)

I've watched him quite a lot of the past few years, because we were one of the clubs he seemed to be constantly linked with. Only last year there was talk of a £40 million bid.

Something has gone wrong with his development along the way - the position switch whilst he adapted to it could certainly have affected his mindset, and the exodus  from Schalke over the last few years is hard to ignore. I think he's been badly advised running down his contract and the promises on offer to him - so he's basically starting again having lost his hype - but Palace should be a good move for him.

I can't help but having the nagging name Lewis Holtby in the back of my head though ... although Meyer is more naturally gifted.

From what I have heard he is on a similar wage to what Cabaye was on. A lot of the media are reporting he's taken the wage that Zaha rejected as it seems most logical.

About 30% of me is thinking of all those players Stoke have signed over the years that took them down, but the rest of me is thinking what an upgrade on Cabaye.

Whatever baggage he has about him, he has shown he has the potential to play to a high standard. For this alone its a stand out signing for Palace. If he plays well, they sell him n make a tidy profit on a free agent signing.

15 hours ago, Storts said:

Copycat 

Always