talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Meyer Signs for Crystal Palace

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

How the fuck has he not found another club yet?

Cause he's delusional and greedy. Probably things he can start for Chelsea week in week out on a 150k per week. When in reality he's gonna get 70-80 at a club like West Ham. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just came in to post this. Wonder if his reported attitude problems will change if he moves to Palace. 

I have got a suspicion that we will get trumped by somebody else now. 

If he does join I reckon his attitude problems will improve over time. We've seen with the likes of Sakho, Puncheon, PVA etc. that the attitude and spirit of the club is rather infectous when things are going well. I'm sure he knows he has to be a key player to treat us as a stepping zone to get to a top six club on the money he wants too.

• Subscriber

Very interesting signing for Palace - and I think it's a gamble that's well worth it for them - despite the rumoured astronomical wages he is supposedly now getting (170k - @The Palace Fan may be able to debunk that because it does seem very high)

I've watched him quite a lot of the past few years, because we were one of the clubs he seemed to be constantly linked with. Only last year there was talk of a £40 million bid.

Something has gone wrong with his development along the way - the position switch whilst he adapted to it could certainly have affected his mindset, and the exodus  from Schalke over the last few years is hard to ignore. I think he's been badly advised running down his contract and the promises on offer to him - so he's basically starting again having lost his hype - but Palace should be a good move for him.

I can't help but having the nagging name Lewis Holtby in the back of my head though ... although Meyer is more naturally gifted.

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Very interesting signing for Palace - and I think it's a gamble that's well worth it for them - despite the rumoured astronomical wages he is supposedly now getting (170k - @The Palace Fan may be able to debunk that because it does seem very high)

I've watched him quite a lot of the past few years, because we were one of the clubs he seemed to be constantly linked with. Only last year there was talk of a £40 million bid.

Something has gone wrong with his development along the way - the position switch whilst he adapted to it could certainly have affected his mindset, and the exodus  from Schalke over the last few years is hard to ignore. I think he's been badly advised running down his contract and the promises on offer to him - so he's basically starting again having lost his hype - but Palace should be a good move for him.

I can't help but having the nagging name Lewis Holtby in the back of my head though ... although Meyer is more naturally gifted.

From what I have heard he is on a similar wage to what Cabaye was on. A lot of the media are reporting he's taken the wage that Zaha rejected as it seems most logical.

About 30% of me is thinking of all those players Stoke have signed over the years that took them down, but the rest of me is thinking what an upgrade on Cabaye.

Archived