talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mental Health

football forum

1 minute ago, Salford Kel said:

Stop quoting me then you moron. I doubt you're quite as daft as to think I give two shits about you so why bother?

That is the perfect example of pot, kettle, black. Someone is rattled.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Salford Kel said:

Except you quoted me in the first place. Kindly fuck off mongchops

Is your memory that limited? You may not have directly quoted me but even you couldn't have the cognitive dissonance to believe that the paedophilia remark wasn't aimed at my post.

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

to be honest i'd say it's not a troll and just her opinion.

It's what you get with her though, sometimes you'll love it & sometimes like now you'll cringe. It incites debate though and if it was delivered in a much less aggressive style i doubt it would have got the negative response it got. For Kel's benefit i'd say "you've been given an opportunity to post again, maybe remove the chip off your shoulder and engage others civilly,  the constant referring to others as mongs will no doubt lead back down the road of you creating multiple accounts to continue arguments, after the membership has gone."

For example i've intimated that there's a bit of lead swinging going on, I think some people genuinely hide behind labels for themselves nowadays. I think this can be born out of many things such as fear of their own character flaws, stress they're under but don't realize it, desire for sympathy, desire for attention, a cry for help, a way to block out other problems etc etc. This doesn't mean that I dismiss mental health problems, they're definitely been advancements in the field, I just think there's almost a pressure to have something nowadays. No doubt some of you will be able to give me the science on this as i'm no expert but it certainly appears we're to quick as a society to dismiss people as mentally ill.

A certain type of person in this day and age believe that anyone who disagrees with their wishy washy bollocks is a 'troll'. 

Oh, I definitely wouldn't bother with that. If people decide they don't want me to post on here I'll happily fuck off 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Is your memory that limited? You may not have directly quoted me but even you couldn't have the cognitive dissonance to believe that the paedophilia remark wasn't aimed at my post.

I'll just block you then you can't keep irritating me every 2 seconds. Go for it

Just now, Salford Kel said:

Except you quoted me in the first place. Kindly fuck off mongchops

Funny how quickly you reply. You're probably hitting F5 constantly hoping that someone has replied so you can argue some more. But I think we're in the right topic when it comes to you. When you get banned from SEVERAL football forums because you can't just quite interact with people correctly, yet you create more and more accounts to get back like a sad lonely loser whose only purpose in life is to provoke people online, then I think there might be something seriously wrong with your mental health. I hope you'll find peace one day, and maybe find something else in life you can be passionate about. You know, something else than being a controversial little muppet on forums. 

You probably think you're someone so special because you have your views and you totally defend them against all those who oppose these views. But no, that's it. You're just sad and pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Salford Kel said:

I'll just block you then you can't keep irritating me every 2 seconds. Go for it

I'm sure if you popped down the street and got some doner for comfort eating you'd get over this ordeal. Leave it to the men, sugar tits, we don't need hysterical emotional women around here.

Just now, Tsubasa said:

Funny how quickly you reply. You're probably hitting F5 constantly hoping that someone has replied so you can argue some more. But I think we're in the right topic when it comes to you. When you get banned from SEVERAL football forums because you can't just quite interact with people correctly, yet you create more and more accounts to get back like a sad lonely loser whose only purpose in life is to provoke people online, then I think there might be something seriously wrong with your mental health. I hope you'll find peace one day, and maybe find something else in life you can be passionate about. You know, something else than being a controversial little muppet on forums. 

You probably think you're someone so special because you have your views and you totally defend them against all those who oppose these views. But no, that's it. You're just sad and pathetic. 

I have no interest in your beta male SJW ramblings

Just now, Spike said:

I'm sure if you popped down the street and got some doner for comfort eating you'd get over this ordeal. Leave it to the men, sugar tits, we don't need hysterical emotional women around here.

Not many real men on here tbh. You've got your wish though. That's one cunt down

I think smoking weed is the answer to everyone's issues in here.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, Salford Kel said:

Everyone has a 'condition' these days. Light the blunt up

3 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Indeed, and not the only one either.

As tempting as it is to highlight what a bunch of mentally weak, terminally offended, virtue signalling, bleeding heart morons comprise a large part of the forum, I will instead clarify my comments. 

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to state the obvious in a society of SJW mongs but the point I was making was that, despite it being obvious that mental health issues do affect people, I believe that there is a need to overindulge and misdiagnose people who are normal into believing that they have some sort of problem. I'd' go into why this is but I'd just get silly comments about reptilians and flat Earth shite so I won't bother.

Take Cark, for example, (sorry, you'll always be Cark to me, can't get used to Danny) - he's been through shit I couldn't even comprehend going through and yet he handled it with cracking humour and great courage that I'm not sure at all that I could if I'd been in a similar situation so how is he mentally ill? I'd say he has to have some serious mental toughness in him to handle that, as hard as it might be to believe that at times when he's on one of his virtue signalling crusades. I'm not trying to knock the lad at all but look at why he thinks he has mental health issues - it's just normal. I am very blunt by nature as I really don't have the time or the inclination to mollycoddle others and worry about how sensitive they are. If people choose to take offence at anything I say they have that right, and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it, but my intentions were not to dismiss genuine mental illness. 

It's people who have genuine mental conditions who suffer the most by a society obsessed with labeling people with some bullshit diagnosis and wasting time and resources dealing with people because they feel a bit down (everybody feels depressed at times, it's part of life). 

Cark, if you read this don't let people misdiagnose you with some bollocks condition to flog you pills that aren't going to help you. Just accept that it's part of your character to act the way you act and, unless you are seriously harming others then it's not really a big deal. I think you're overanalysing and looking into symptoms of conditions on the internet is a recipe for trouble as any symptom could literally be any number of conditions.

As for this nonsense about paedophiles... is that really where we're at? That abusing kids is just a mental condition? WTF. 

Lots of people go through bad shit they shouldn't have to, myself included, but these people, unless they do succumb to genuine mental consequences, just get on with life and become a stronger person because of it. I see so many people who really have fuck all to complain about whining on about how hard they have things, how their own actions are always somebody else's fault blah blah and I really can't be doing with it as it's an insult to those who've gone through genuine ordeals.

Can't really be arsed to say anymore but that's about it

As if to prove my point about your style of delivering, this hasn't got loads of negative votes (which I find gay anyway) and it's actually got some valid points. 

It could be cultural I've been told to fuck off by many a dour manc in my time. I once met one that I shared a smoke with who told me he was a Liverpool fan. I ask why he said "to piss off all the cunts I live by" 

You're right on online diagnosis being a pitfall to, my younger sister who has anxiety issues convinced herself she has Aspergers and jacked in work thinking she'd not have to work. Doctor told her it was just the depression we all get in winter 😂. 

24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I think smoking weed is the answer to everyone's issues in here.

Weed has a track record of advancing mental illness. I've known 3 lads descend firstly into depression then paranoia (I quit at this point I was all day every day from 15 to 24 ish) before they went full schizophrenic. Two are mentally ill still and live in accommodation and have never worked and probably never will. The other chucked himself in front of a train. Cannibis can help certain illnesses but it's also a potentially bad thing to.

Like others, in attempt at getting back to the original post, I want to offer a pat on the back to @Danny for opening up and having the courage to share their situation with us and researching the symptoms. 

Nothing in life is ever as simple as ‘a problem shared is a problem halved’, but I do believe it is a vital stepping stone. 

I don't know a whole lot about mental health. I had a friend who killed himself, we think he developed schizophrenia suddenly (but we're not doctors or anything so what the fuck do we know) - his personality changed a lot. He became a lot more paranoid about things that he didn't need to be paranoid about (said his dad was trying to steal from him and kill him - which didn't make any sense as he was living off his parents at the time), he'd get into arguments with his mates over things we'd never really understand and then he wouldn't talk to us for days after the arguments. But on some days he'd be the same as he used to be. One night he got in an argument with his dad and hung himself in his garage. It was a very shit time.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know a whole lot about mental health. I had a friend who killed himself, we think he developed schizophrenia suddenly (but we're not doctors or anything so what the fuck do we know) - his personality changed a lot. He became a lot more paranoid about things that he didn't need to be paranoid about (said his dad was trying to steal from him and kill him - which didn't make any sense as he was living off his parents at the time), he'd get into arguments with his mates over things we'd never really understand and then he wouldn't talk to us for days after the arguments. But on some days he'd be the same as he used to be. One night he got in an argument with his dad and hung himself in his garage. It was a very shit time.

Bipolar perhaps?, such a shame anyway.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Could have been a degenerative brain disease or even a tumor. Mental and physical health are two sides of a coin,

I was hoping to ignore the previous but I've only just seen @Salford Kel post.

To clarify, me having a sense of humour doesn't mean I know how to deal with my problems, it actually means the opposite. My sense of humour is generally used to bypass having to show vulnerability or my emotions. I don't make jokes about having cancer because I could see the bright side, I do it because it means I can share my experience with people without having to share the times where I obsessively thought about it, nearly had a full on breakdown on a bus or wanted to kill myself. My humour allows me to cover up the depression that caused me to want to kill myself by pointing out irony of a potentially terminal disease causing me depression that led to suicidal thoughts, that my escape from something that was trying to kill me was to think about killing myself. That isn't looking on the bright side, that's just hiding my emotions from people.

I know cancer is a disease where you may think "fair enough" for going through depression so I'll move into my OCD. The "not so bad" end of my OCD would involve not being able to eat at other people's houses as a child for fear of germs, staying at their houses but running over to mine when it was time for dinner or a snack. Sometimes it's the pure anger and frustration I feel when my clothes hangers aren't all facing the same way or if I knock my hand on something and then have to mimic that with my other hand so it doesn't feel wrong.

The "pretty fucking bad" end of my OCD includes having intrusive thoughts that I cannot control, that have flooded my brain with images of pedophilia that I thought I was turning into one. Intrusive thoughts  made me depressed, sleep deprived and made me decide that I would kill myself if I struggled to control myself. I had no idea that I was suffering with intrusive thoughts, I had no idea that this was in actual fact OCD, just that I was turning into a monster and spent nights talking to myself about how wrong it was and that I'd need to commit suicide in case anything happened.

So yeah I've developed know a good joke here and there, but my humour walks hand in hand with my mental health issues.

Anyway, onto the reason for the change of title. I thought it maybe a good idea to have a little weekly topic to discuss alongside general mental health issues.

I found an article this morning relating to morning anxiety, I certainly feel anxious most mornings and then it fades out throughout the day. It's not a groundbreaking read but could definitely help:

https://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/types/morning

Not a dig in anyway (I hope it doesn't come off in such a manner, but text has that funny way of doing it over words), but I feel like @Danny can get really worked up on here especially on certain threads. I remember you called me a 'misogynist' because we disagree on something (I think I said something like 'the sexual revolution was just a way for to manipulate women into being sluttier' to me that is a degradation of feminine modesty and self-respect, to someone else that may be empowering) . Does having a short fuse or being irritable tie in with your issues? 

I always listen and respect people views on life, religion, and politics but when people throw around very insulting terms like 'misogynist', 'sexist', or even 'racist' I get very worked up because I feel none of those things. It does feel like condescension, a way of lauding 'moral superioty' over others. Quite frankly I don't think any political or religious view is inherently good or evil/right or wrong, it's just the application of it. 

Archived