talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mental Health

football forum

Hey all, thanks for the support. I think my forum break ends here. Seems awfully short and it was, probably why Cannabis was right in not suspending me. I'm feeling better, if I feel any signs of it coming back I'll probably go on another break but without notice. 

I'm an extremely negative and stubborn person. The latter you should already know, the former maybe you do maybe you don't. However this is with growing bad experiences, being lied to constantly adds to that. I've had people worry about me in the past few days. Real life. These are the sorts of people that I want to keep in my life, and not the ones that escape. Admitedtly everyone has their limits, but that's why I want to change. I think that one problem with having mental health issues is not being able to meet yourself. it all seems so easy until someone imitates you and then you realize what a cunt you really are.

Some people may not like that post, but for something this is a mental health thread - I'm an anxious person unfortunately. I took the right decision in getting off social media - even if it was for a short time. I'm not scared to do it again and I'm going to a therapist for the foreseeable future. I will tell her everything as I want to get this out of the way.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well hands up who saw that coming?

Me. 

I still don't think it's right that you come back on to social media so soon after 'taking a break'. Maybe wait til after you see your therapist because it's just going to continue going back and forth. Rinse and repeat. 

But anyway, your choices and yours alone. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Me. 

I still don't think it's right that you come back on to social media so soon after 'taking a break'. Maybe wait til after you see your therapist because it's just going to continue going back and forth. Rinse and repeat. 

But anyway, your choices and yours alone. 

I'm not here to announce anything but I will repeat that if I ever feel wrong again then I will do the same. I've felt awful in the last few days and to be honest, I still do but I talked to somebody professional at college yesterday and it really helped. Those people that say they don't help just need to try it out for themselves.

But you're right either way. It wouldn't surprise me if I get off social media today again.

8 hours ago, Storts said:

Why do you need to announce it? Just do it, no need to make a big scene about it 

Because sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. They get so caught up in everything their priorities askew. Brian is in a tought moment in his lofe and his mind is trying to come to terms with it all, announcing it is almost a method of coping through self-flagellation. Instead of introspecting it becomes a spectacle. 

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

You'd think people would leave the piss taking out of this topic all things considered.

When you consider the previous history and it's attention seeking at best, not really. I've all the time in the world for posters with real problems.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Because sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. They get so caught up in everything their priorities askew. Brian is in a tought moment in his lofe and his mind is trying to come to terms with it all, announcing it is almost a method of coping through self-flagellation. Instead of introspecting it becomes a spectacle. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

You'd think people would leave the piss taking out of this topic all things considered.

This and this. Unfortunately I've not been well and sometimes I just can't control my feelings. No surprise it's Phil and Teso who showed up.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

This and this. Unfortunately I've not been well and sometimes I just can't control my feelings. No surprise it's Phil and Teso who showed up.

As much as I feel for you I do think you should have been able to see what was coming.

Just now, Toony said:

As much as I feel for you I do think you should have been able to see what was coming.

I did mate, that's why I'm ignoring them. I have much bigger problems to worry about than 2 hopeless twats that want to make me look as bad as possible.

If they want to take the piss, let them. Some people will understand how I feel and why I announced it, others won't. Sure it's attention seeking, but in this situation I've not been able to control it.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

When you consider the previous history and it's attention seeking at best, not really. I've all the time in the world for posters with real problems.

Attention seeking is a sympton of the problem, not the problem. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

This is the internet mate.

With real people on it, in one single topic where people should be able to discuss their own mental health issues without being subject to abuse or other people's approval also to whether or not they have any "real" problems.

I'm sure you'd react exactly the same if everyone was taking the piss out of someone with a physical disease or disability simply because you dislike him because after all it's just the internet.

While Cannabis isn't exactly wrong that its the internet and these things will happen, the right minded people on this forum should know better to not take the piss in these threads. I've got problems in my life, and unfortunately I've just shown one. OCD. Taking a break but getting beat again and coming back in 4 days. 

Phil, I'm not going to argue with you, but you clearly don't have time for people with real problems. As Danny said, you dislike me so you're blinded to the point you are a hypocrite. You always complain about me mentioning Teso a lot but you do that yourself with me. My suggestion is to get some glasses, as I contribute as much as anybody else.

I will leave it at that. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

While Cannabis isn't exactly wrong that its the internet and these things will happen, the right minded people on this forum should know better to not take the piss in these threads. I've got problems in my life, and unfortunately I've just shown one. OCD. Taking a break but getting beat again and coming back in 4 days. 

Phil, I'm not going to argue with you, but you clearly don't have time for people with real problems. As Danny said, you dislike me so you're blinded to the point you are a hypocrite. You always complain about me mentioning Teso a lot but you do that yourself with me. My suggestion is to get some glasses, as I contribute as much as anybody else.

I will leave it at that. 

pretty sure Phil works with people that have problems as a profession so to say he clearly doesn't have time for them is a bit silly xD (granted you may not have known that).

What's your contribution got to do with anything? No-one's disputed that anyway. 

You say 'I will leave it at that' but you never do...

Yeah I didn't know that, but just leave it where it is. I would suggest deleting all this shite excluding my 2 original posts as its embarrassing beyond belief. 

The worst part is I've only replied twice and there's about 10 other posts taking the piss. Normally I don't care, but people don't come in here to read piss takes as Danny said. If you really want to keep it then at least move if to the off topic thread.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Have to agree with this. Maybe Brian is attention-seeking, but if you think so just ignore him, because the other maybe is that we're talking to someone who is genuinely suffering with this in which case you're being pretty harsh, and it doesn't cost much to just ignore it.

There is so much stigma attached to mental health and it needs to stop.

I have mental health problems too and have done so for the past 15 years or so. I am diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and it has been hell to live with but I have been pretty stable for the last 2 years. Some people just don't understand mental health. I am lucky though that I have good support.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just step in and say IF YOU FEEL SOMETHING IS WRONG, SEE A THERAPIST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I met most of my friends since moving back to Peru last year, and honestly I ruined it for myself. I will take full blame for it. I tried to fix things and they won't budge. Its a shame because I consider myself a good being but my anxiety fucks me up, and that's why I'm seeing a therapist starting next week (finally). 

What's happened to those people? Well I have a new semester coming up and I have a ton of contacts of people who I could talk to in order to start a new adventure and not mess it up this time. I have to do something about this issue and fast, otherwise I don't have a future. I feel I may still need to practice with my best friend who can tolerate my anxiety and is honest about all my mistakes. You'll always have that one person in life, and I will cherish that fact.

• Subscriber

This isn't related to what's been discussed here and it might be an unpopular opinion, but I worry about the negative effects of giving mental health issues too much 'limelight'.

To make it clear before I go on, I'm not saying at all that anyone on this forum or anywhere else wants to get attention because they have mental health issues, and I'm a big believer that awareness of mental health issues is very important, for those that are suffering and for those that aren't. 

Where it can be damaging though is exposing young people to words like depression, and this comes from my experiences of working with teenagers who throw around words like depression and anxiety without fully understanding what they actually mean.

When people were not as aware of mental health issues, going through the doubts and feelings of growing up was difficult for most people, and there can never be anything wrong with being supported through this, but I fear that our youngsters struggle to draw the line between this and genuine mental illness.

For the majority of young people, the challenges of your teenage years are what teach you resilience and how to get on with your life when there are negative feelings and challenges to overcome, this is vital in defining your growth into adulthood. I say majority and not all young people, as there are also many teenagers who do suffer from genuine depression and anxiety, but this is something entirely different and does need to be dealt with with the right support and guidance. 

I've only been teaching for three years yet I seem to have come across swathes of young people who "can't" make it to school in the morning because they're "depressed" when they're actually demotivated, or they can't come into lessons because they're "suffering from anxiety" when they've actually had a fall out with their best friend they sit next to in maths and they don't want to sit together for an hour. Yes, these things are difficult to get through and I do sympathise with that, but it's really important we don't blur the lines between these things and actual mental illness. Of course, there are many genuine cases as well, in no way am I saying that there isn't. 

I can't emphasise enough how important I think it is to raise awareness of mental illness and to identify and treat it in young people and adults alike. It's just that working with young people, I've seen negative effects of making them aware of mental illness but not helping them to understand the difference between that and how it can feel at times going through puberty. This is possibly the next thing that needs looking at in UK schools after the great strides that have been made in acknowledging mental illness and understanding how to treat it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if its possible to lose anxiety?

Because honestly that's my only dream right now. I'm sick of getting nervous over fuck all, makes me become a flop in every social activity. At least these days anyhow.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Of course it is, have you tried speaking with a Doctor?

I've spoken to a therapist, but yeah I'll probably have to up the heat, because honestly this is hurting me too much now.

I'm not so much worried about friends as new ones can always come along the way. I'm worried that I won't end up getting married or that it will affect my profession.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just take baby steps mate, it won't cure itself overnight and don't think that you are the only person that suffers from anxiety, I know a lot people who are in the same boat as you. 

Thanks for the advice, I definitely need it from people your age compared to mine.

• 1 month later...
On 29/07/2017 at 3:23 PM, Blue said:

Does anyone know if its possible to lose anxiety?

Because honestly that's my only dream right now. I'm sick of getting nervous over fuck all, makes me become a flop in every social activity. At least these days anyhow.

I've found Hypnotherapy to be very helpful

Archived