talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joe Hart Joins Burnley

Joe Hart is keen to secure a permanent move away from Manchester City this summer and avoid going on loan for a third consecutive season.

Hart is back at City after loan spells at Torino and West Ham and finds himself third choice behind Ederson and Claudio Bravo.

City boss Pep Guardiola has said he wants to "find a solution" for Hart and the 31-year-old goalkeeper is keen to begin a new chapter in his career.

"I need to go somewhere permanent, I think that's obvious," said Hart, who missed out on selection for England's World Cup squad.

"I did what I did in the previous two seasons because I needed to play to be involved in the World Cup - and look where that got me.

"I'm experienced, I've played at the highest level for a long time and done a lot of things in the game.

"I need to be an important player at that club and I think that can only happen with a permanent move.

"Of course, if I don't find a solution which suits both parties, I'm contracted to Manchester City.

"I need to do what's right for me and my family and that's the decision I'll be making. It's a tough one, but it's a situation which will be resolved."

Hart has been included in City's squad for the preseason tour of the US and appeared to huge cheers as a second-half substitute in Friday night's 1-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

Highlights of Manchester City's pre-season defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the International Champions Cup.

Despite his differences with Guardiola, Hart was always confident he would be welcomed back to City, who he joined from Shrewsbury in 2006.

When asked if he feared he might be frozen out, Hart said: "It was never going to happen, they would never have treated me like that.

"That's not the relationship that we've got. I was never worried about that.

"As long as I've not signed for someone else then I'm here and work hard for this team. We'll see what happens."

Pep Guardiola says he will make a decision on Joe Hart's Manchester City future at the end of pre-season.

There are less than three weeks to go until the English transfer window shuts on August 9, although players can move abroad until August 31.

Hart, who is going into the final year of his contract, knows if a move does not materialise quickly, he faces the prospect of a season in the wilderness but he is remaining philosophical.

"It's life, isn't it? We've all got our own lives that go on," he said. "Football is just a game. You deal with the ups and downs.

"It's difficult when you're on loan, especially when you're not a young player who people may have sympathy for.

"I'm older and being who I am and what I am, I'm there to be shot at, especially if I go on loan to a club that doesn't necessarily have a good season.

"I knew that when I went. I'm young. I feel fresh, I feel strong, I'm ready to go. And I'm ready to give a whole lot more to football. I want to play.

"At the moment I'm here and happy with how they've treated me. It's obvious what's going on."

• The title was changed to Joe Hart - Wants Permanent=t Transfer
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sun are reporting that Joe Hart is on his way to Burnley for a medical.

Apparently he is going to join the Clarets from Manchester City in a £4m deal.

It would be an interesting move considering Burnley already have two England goalkeepers in Tom Heaton and Nick Pope, although both are currently out injured

• Administrator

he'll be back on the bench when Pope is back. 

Pope is a much better goal-keeper and proved as much last season. Heaton getting injured was a blessing in disguise for him and Burnley.

• Subscriber

Really weird move for all parties - Pope and Heaton injured so they needed to bring someone in - but surely it had to be a loan, and someone that would not be disappointed being second or third in the pecking order.

Clearly if Hart comes in he's going to demand to be number one - but there is nothing in their respective form of the last 12 months to suggest Hart is a better 'keeper than either Hart or Pope. 

My guess is Heaton will be sold because they can't have those three 'keepers on the books. Either way it's jus a bizarre deal which I cannot get my head round. Are the other too injuries that serious?

Burnley are closing on the £3.5m purchase of Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, Sky Sports News understands.

Hart has agreed a two-year deal, with an option of a further year, after personal terms were finalised late last night.

Burnley are expected to confirm the signing later today.

On 03/08/2018 at 17:44, Marc said:

Hillarious if he end sup as third choice at Burnley

He will be won't he? Definitely second. Strange one Joe Hart hart from england number 1 with people saying he could be the best England keeper since Shilton to number 3 at Burnley 

• Administrator

I'd guess Hart's signed as cover for Pope and I'd expect to see Hart play more now that Pope is injured as is Heaton. 

Pope done his shoulder in but not sure how badly. He's definitely still number 1 there and no idea what Heaton's injury is like but he's not had the best record so reliability is an issue there. 

Archived