talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Being Mum and Dad

football forum

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this....

Brought to tears watching this last night. Completely broke me for an hour. I lost my dad at 7, so can appreciate what the kids must be going through losing their mum. What surprised me was how upset I was watching Rio breakdown. Watching him as a United captain and defensive warrior for years, you don't appreciate how much you look up to some of these blokes. That might sound a little sad to some but it's the truth as far as I'm concerned. Seeing him like that really upset me. Nice to see him getting the help for himself and the family now though. No amount of money can heal that loss.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

Nice to see DeadLinesman stepping up in Bluewolf's absence as the senile old bloke around here. Topics only been open a few hours and he's already in a full swing conversation with himself. 

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nice to see DeadLinesman stepping up in Bluewolf's absence as the senile old bloke around here. Topics only been open a few hours and he's already in a full swing conversation with himself. 

Did Bluewolf never join?

football forum
Just now, Dickie said:

Did Bluewolf never join?

No, we've emailed him so he knows about the place but he hasn't come over yet. To be honest he had left TFF when it was dying so he might be taking a break from the internet for a while. I'm sure one of the other staff members could shed some light on this if need be.

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, we've emailed him so he knows about the place but he hasn't come over yet. To be honest he had left TFF when it was dying so he might be taking a break from the internet for a while. I'm sure one of the other staff members could shed some light on this if need be.

Speaking of staff members I always get a kick when i see Moderator under your name because in my head i still remember when you being just as derpy as like me or Danny Boy but now your responsible... ew.

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Speaking of staff members I always get a kick when i see Moderator under your name because in my head i still remember when you being just as derpy as like me or Danny Boy but now your responsible... ew.

If anything the cunt has gone of the deep end and his entire existence is just one entire 'derp'.

football forum
4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I am still the massive bellend that I always was on TFF, I'm just on the inside now. 

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's waiting for his grandkids to show him how to open those darn e-mails! 

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

If anything the cunt has gone of the deep end and his entire existence is just one entire 'derp'.

This is true

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I am still the massive bellend that I always was on TFF, I'm just on the inside now. 

Just like every politician....

• Administrator

Just caught up on it & like @DeadLinesman, was also brought to tears. Not through similar experiences to myself, but I know friends who have had the sad moment in their . life where they've lost their mum or dad. So for that insight in to bereavement after losing a parent and how it affects the children it was hard hitting. 

So much sympathy for anyone in Rio's or the children's situation. I'm scared to even think how it will be if I lost my parent as an adult in my mid 20s, let alone how it might be for kids half my age or even younger. 

Feel like an emotional wreck right now though!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Losing a parent must be tough, but crying over this is a little too much. I personally know kids that grew up poor raised by their grandparents, no parents. Those kids had to work and everyone looks down on them, those are the kids that deserve sympathy not some rich kids that have all the attention and resources 

think they all deserve some sympathy. the kids don't know they're born in to rich families so it's not exactly their fault that they may get more attention or resources etc.

football forum
38 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Losing a parent must be tough, but crying over this is a little too much. I personally know kids that grew up poor raised by their grandparents, no parents. Those kids had to work and everyone looks down on them, those are the kids that deserve sympathy not some rich kids that have all the attention and resources 

Why should it matter if they are rich? All the money in the world won't bring their mother back. I can understand why ''poor'' kids deserve attention but to say that they ''deserve'' more sympathy is a bit much.

This was touching. Very touching.

Rio's wife evidently meant the world to him and still does. A strong man like Rio being reduced to tears proved that. His dedication to ensuring his children maintained their memories of their mother was moving. The support he received too places it all into perspective too: this isn't irregular. So many children lose one of their parents at a very young age. It can't be easy. I appreciated his courage from start to finish. I appreciate the courage of anyone in this situation.

I also respect that Romesh and Phil were happy to admit to being upset.

Those of us who grew up with both parents, no matter how irritating they were or still are, are lucky. We just don't realise it.

When I heard he was doing a documentary I was a little sceptical on the idea but I'm glad he's done it. I know the footage would have been carefully constructed but it was nice seeing him at the end talking to his children about memories when at the beginning he struggled to talk about his wife. I could see what he meant about the filming almost being therapy in itself.

Although I couldn't personally relate to him, I imagine the advice Darren Clarke gave would have been brilliant to any parent in that situation.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

When I heard he was doing a documentary I was a little sceptical on the idea but I'm glad he's done it. I know the footage would have been carefully constructed but it was nice seeing him at the end talking to his children about memories when at the beginning he struggled to talk about his wife. I could see what he meant about the filming almost being therapy in itself.

Although I couldn't personally relate to him, I imagine the advice Darren Clarke gave would have been brilliant to any parent in that situation.

agreed, and especially the other widower. Dan I think his name was. Losing his wife and then his baby girl :o

Archived