talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brazilian Diaspora - 2018/2019 Summer Transfer Window Edition

As usual, the european summer transfer window is a time where many brazilian players leave thier country to try to make it in Europe. Since the number of transactions is big and most names are unknown for the members of the forum, I´ve decided to create one thread to discuss rumors and signings from the Campeonato Brasileiro to Europe and Asia. 

Ok, so let´s start. 

Porto is close to complete the signing of Éder Militão for 4 million euros. This is an absolute bargain and it´s definitely one of the best under the radar signings of this transfer window. Miiltão is a natural CB, who´s been playing as a RB for São Paulo and adapted well to his new role. Only 20 years old. I still think he´s better as a central defender, but the fact he settled so well as a full-back is proof of how talented he is. Tall, fast, versatile, defends extremely well. He and Felipe could form a very strong defensive pairing at Porto. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernard´s contract with Shakhtar ended the past season and now he´s a free agent. He gives priority to european clubs and so far he has contract proposals from 12 teams, including Monaco, Wolfsburg, West Ham, Leicester and Palmeiras. But Chelsea is the favorite so far. 

• Subscriber
On 7/23/2018 at 02:53, El Profesor said:

As usual, the european summer transfer window is a time where many brazilian players leave thier country to try to make it in Europe. Since the number of transactions is big and most names are unknown for the members of the forum, I´ve decided to create one thread to discuss rumors and signings from the Campeonato Brasileiro to Europe and Asia. 

Ok, so let´s start. 

Porto is close to complete the signing of Éder Militão for 4 million euros. This is an absolute bargain and it´s definitely one of the best under the radar signings of this transfer window. Miiltão is a natural CB, who´s been playing as a RB for São Paulo and adapted well to his new role. Only 20 years old. I still think he´s better as a central defender, but the fact he settled so well as a full-back is proof of how talented he is. Tall, fast, versatile, defends extremely well. He and Felipe could form a very strong defensive pairing at Porto. 

Was doing some reading on him and I am surprised no one actually saw this as a good investment for youth adoption to their clubs. I am curious to see how well he does though because if he's a natural CB and even if he has adapted the real tests are about to being for him. Plus he's young so he can only get better.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Was just about to post the same thing... I believe Bielsa's Leeds United is also interested in the Brazilian

Leeds makes more sense. I don´t think he´s good enough for Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Was doing some reading on him and I am surprised no one actually saw this as a good investment for youth adoption to their clubs. I am curious to see how well he does though because if he's a natural CB and even if he has adapted the real tests are about to being for him. Plus he's young so he can only get better.

City was interested, Dortmund as well. Had Leonardo returned to Milan some months ago and not only now, he´d probably would have convinced Militão to go to Milan. 

But I think Porto is the best option for him at the moment, he´ll get more playing time, probably as a CB. João Pedro, anothet young brazilian Porto bought this summer, will probably be the RB. It wouldn´t surprise me if Militão moves to England after only one season. 

São Paulo confirmed the deal yesterday. 4 million euros transfer fee + 10% of any future transfer fee.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

City was interested, Dortmund as well. Had Leonardo returned to Milan some months ago and not only now, he´d probably would have convinced Militão to go to Milan. 

But I think Porto is the best option for him at the moment, he´ll get more playing time, probably as a CB. João Pedro, anothet young brazilian Porto bought this summer, will probably be the RB. It wouldn´t surprise me if Militão moves to England after only one season. 

São Paulo confirmed the deal yesterday. 4 million euros transfer fee + 10% of any future transfer fee.

I dont think the natural progression is England its more towards Spain isn't it? Plus from what I have seen hes good with his feet and will get the training he needs to be tactically more sound with his tackling (bit rash and not so well thought out) to improve. I am surprised that if City were interested they didn't get him because he would be a good long-term project to become a player who can get past defenses and put a cross in (seems to do that quite well too).

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont think the natural progression is England its more towards Spain isn't it? Plus from what I have seen hes good with his feet and will get the training he needs to be tactically more sound with his tackling (bit rash and not so well thought out) to improve. I am surprised that if City were interested they didn't get him because he would be a good long-term project to become a player who can get past defenses and put a cross in (seems to do that quite well too).

I think England fits his game better. And english clubs have a really good relationship with portuguese clubs. 

On City, they were looking at him and I think it came down to playing time. Militão probably saw what happened to Douglas Luiz last season, who was loaned to Girona and didn´t get much playing time. Porto is a better destination, in my opinion. 

I read a portuguese football expert saying Militão is not polished enough on the attack to be a RB in portuguese football. That makes sense, in any case I think he could thrive as a ball playing CB. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pedro, the leading scorer of Campeonato Brasileiro, is being closely followed by several european clubs. I expect Fluminense to accept any offer of or over 15 million euros.  Bordeaux and Dortmund are said to be after him. 

He reminds me of a young Fred, a striker who not only score goals but is also very good technically. Definitely one to look for. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived