talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Digne - Officially signs for Everton

• Subscriber

Not comfortable with Silva name dropping players unless their clubs have publicly made them available.

However, it looks like we're trying to complete a deal for Barcelona's left back Digne. The asking price appears to be £22m which is a decent price for any player nowadays if he is capable of challenging Baines for the left back role and eventually taking over as our first choice in that position.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Would be a good signing for that money. 

Barely getting a look in at Barca with Jordi Alba streets ahead of him and Digne obviously wants to play more than just the odd cup game here and there. 

Clearly a better value for money signing than Tierney, which is a shame because I would have liked to have seen that transfer happen.

I reckon he will improve the team and is of the quality they need to mount more of a challenge on the top six. Which is exactly what they need.

Maybe Digne will get the minutes at Everton he couldn't at Barça to prove himself.  He was nowhere near the quality of Alba but he was good backup for the team.  But he's a better player than just backup and I wish him the best because not once did he ever raise an inkling of a problem when he was only getting either Copa del Rey football or playing when Alba was either suspended or injured... But every time Alba was missing you could easily tell.

15 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Will this now mean a place in the squad for my man Cucurella?... Ye right, it'll mean some 30 year old Brazilian or French left back will be brought in :ph34r:

A lot of pressure is being put on Valverde to bring the Champions League to the Camp Nou or at the very minimum get to the semi-finals.  This isn't letting him do one of the great things he done at Athletic which was to bring through youth.

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

A lot of pressure is being put on Valverde to bring the Champions League to the Camp Nou or at the very minimum get to the semi-finals.  This isn't letting him do one of the great things he done at Athletic which was to bring through youth.

It's a problem for modern football in general to be honest. But just buying anyone is hardly a recipe for success either when you look at other clubs who function in this manner, such as Man United in recent years. 

Digne offered nothing last season when called upon, nor did Andre Gomes, or even Paulinho after Christmas and the likes of Aleñá and Cucurella certainly couldn't have done any worse mate for me. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Lucas Digne has abandoned Barça's US tour and is apparently on a flight to Barcelona before he departs tomorrow to London to sign for Everton.

Seems like a certain thing. I'm guessing he couldn't talk Yerry Mina round either.

As I've said before, I had visions of Tierney being the next Leighton Baines and sorting that position out for over a decade. At that price though you can see why they've gone for a more experienced and established left back.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses next season.

6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Seems like a certain thing. I'm guessing he couldn't talk Yerry Mina round either.

As I've said before, I had visions of Tierney being the next Leighton Baines and sorting that position out for over a decade. At that price though you can see why they've gone for a more experienced and established left back.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses next season.

I would expect Tierney being English will be valued at a mental price, so this is a good move for Everton in all honesty.

Letter to FC Barcelona from Lucas Digne (translated):

"Over the last two years it's been a child's dream come true and I want to thank everybody.  First of all I want to thank the Club that has given me everything from the moment I arrived.  Thanks also to the physios, all the staff with which I've worked with and the coaches.  I can't forget the security staff as well.  Even the cooks who along with the fans make all of this a tremendous family that is beside the team.  Thank you for all the affection you've given me during these two years.  The city of Barcelona that will always stay in my heart with which I've lived some beautiful moments with fantastic people.  Finally I thank my teammates that with before saying that they're the best players in the world, they're also brilliant as people and have always offered help.  All of this to say that Barça is more than just a club, it's an incredible family. A big hug and I wish you all the luck for the new season."

Archived