talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

National Teams Thread - Rest of the World

262.jpg

Post all the News, Updates and discuss about the National Teams around the World that don't have their own thread........................

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hECTOR-cuperPNG.png

Héctor Cúper set for move to Uzbekistan national team

Finally, Uzbekistan national team will, in a matter of days, have a new head coach. The 62-year old Argentine Héctor Raúl Cúper is expected to sign a contract with the Uzbekistan Football Association this week.

The details of the deal have not been disclosed. Héctor Cúper will first thing prepare the Uzbekistan team for the Asian Cup in January 2019 in the UAE.

4098009.jpg

He was the head coach of the Egyptian national team at the World Cup in Russia.

Following defeats in Egypt's three group games at the tournament, Cúper's contract, due to expire at the end of the tournament, was not renewed.

• The title was changed to National Teams Thread - Rest of the World

Alleged-assaulter-of-Herve-Renard-daught

Herve Renard dismisses reports of leaving Morocco.

The Frenchman failed to lead the Atlas Lions to the last 16 round at the just-ended World Cup and has been linked with a number of African countries.

Morocco coach Herve Renard has pledged his future to the Atlas Lions, ending speculation about him moving elsewhere.

The two-time Afcon winning coach’s current job was said to be on the line, with reports from Morocco suggesting that he had set some conditions for his employers to keep him at the helm of the North Africans. He has since denied making the demands.

Renard has also been linked with the Algeria job to replace Rabah Madjer. Recent reports in Egypt stated that former international defender and Egyptian Football Association board member Hazem Emam was sent to France to meet Renard and convince him to take up the Pharaohs job.

1235001-1025767084.jpg?itok=fL6McCv-

Saudi Arabia coach Juan Antonio Pizzi's contract extended until end of Asian Cup.

Recruited in November to replace Edgardo Bauza, Pizzi was only contracted to the federation until the end of the World Cup and his hopes of staying on beyond the tournament in Russia looked slim when Saudi Arabia slumped to a 5-0 defeat to the hosts on the opening night.

Federation president Adel Ezzat called the performance “totally unsatisfactory”, General Sports Authority chief Turki Al-Sheikh labelled the effort “a total fiasco" while SAFF vice president Nawaf Al-Temyat said the buck stops with Pizzi, saying "the coach is technically responsible for the loss of our team."

There was even talk of Saudi Arabia changing coaches mid-tournament, like they did in 1998 when World Cup-winning coach Alberto Parreira was fired. But Pizzi enjoyed a stay of execution at the hands of a federation who have made ten changes in as many years and managed to stop the rot against Uruguay, losing only 1-0 to a side ranked 14 in the world. The Argentine has been around long enough to know he needed a positive result against Egypt to keep his job and his team delivered, coming from behind to beat Egypt 2-1 on Monday. Their first World Cup win since they beat Belgium in 1994 meant they finished the tournament in third place in Group A and could return to the Kingdom with their heads held high.

Federation chiefs Ezzat and Al-Temyat were with the team throughout their stay in Russia and they clearly saw enough against Egypt and in training to believe that Pizzi is the man to lead them at the Asian Cup next year and they have handed him an extension. Pizzi hinted after the game that the Green Falcons camp was a harminous one and that they have been receptive to his methods, getting better as the tournament went on.

Hajime Moriyasu emerges as top coaching candidate for Japan national team.

Hajime Moriyasu, who will coach Japan’s men’s team during the soccer competition at the 2020 Olympics, is the top candidate to manage the full national team, sources said Tuesday.

The members of the Japan Football Association’s technical committee, which is selecting the successor to Akira Nishino, have basically agreed to offer the job to a Japanese coach. They regard Moriyasu, 49, as the top candidate following his experience assisting Nishino during the World Cup in Russia.

The JFA is scheduled to officially name the new manager at its executive committee meeting on July 26, following a technical committee meeting on July 20.

The JFA will further discuss whether Moriyasu will be able to double as the manager for both the under-23 men’s side for the Olympics and Samurai Blue. He was appointed coach of the 2020 team last October.

Nishino had agreed to remain on as coach for Samurai Blue until the end of July, and led Japan to the knockout stage of the World Cup for the first time since the 2010 tournament in South Africa. Japan, ranked No. 61 in the FIFA rankings, was eliminated by No. 3 Belgium, which came from behind to win their round-of-16 match 3-2.

50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's unclear whether or not Queiroz will stay on as the Iran manager. I hope he does, personally.

He should stay till the Asian Cup after that i wouldn't want him.

all the defensive and tactical effort he has put into this Iran team is remarkable but Iran needs a coach who's approach is more towards attacking football because this Iran side certainly has the talent for that.

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

He should stay till the Asian Cup after that i wouldn't want.

all the defensive and tactical effort he has put into this Iran team is remarkable but Iran needs a coach who's approach is more towards attacking football because certainly has the talent for that.

I don't think they're all that good, personally. But generally, I agree with you. I think for Iran to impress on a stage other than against Asian opposition though they're going to need more players playing in Europe (and ideally in as many top leagues as possible). I don't think it's coincidental when Iran was at it's best in my lifetime, most of the stars were in the Bundesliga.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think they're all that good, personally. But generally, I agree with you. I think for Iran to impress on a stage other than against Asian opposition though they're going to need more players playing in Europe (and ideally in as many top leagues as possible). I don't think it's coincidental when Iran was at it's best in my lifetime, most of the stars were in the Bundesliga.

Their keeper rejected offers from Europeon clubs to stay playing in Iran.

Cant figure out the reason.

War-torn Syria's tale is tragic but can have a storybook ending at next year's Asian Cup in the UAE.

Syria-goal.jpg

Syria, torn apart by an intense civil war since 2011. Yet despite all the unrest and bloodshed, their national team were a whisker away from making a maiden World Cup this summer.

The Qasioun Eagles had their wings clipped by Australia in Asian qualifying, making a resplendent run to the latter stages before they lost 3-2 in the play-offs to the shaky-looking Socceroos, who nevertheless somehow won the on-field battle to earn a spot in Russia.

But the Eagles won’t remain flightless for long. Next January Syria will surely soar when they feature at the 2019 Asian Cup – where their heartbreaking yet heroic, and rather quite brilliant story, will finally be read by the masses.

Complete Article

https://sport360.com/article/football/asia/295658/war-torn-syrias-tale-is-tragic-but-can-have-a-storybook-ending-at-next-years-asian-cup-in-the-uae

sp28-JUL-WEB-sven-goran-eriksson.jpg?f=1

Iraq hopeful of having Sven-Goran Eriksson in charge for Asian Cup challenge

Iraqi football officials are confident that former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson will sign up to lead the country at next year's Asian Cup finals.

Eriksson met with representatives of the Iraq Football Association in Istanbul this week and a federation source said the Swede had agreed to take charge of the team.

The source said the matter would be discussed further by the federation on Monday.

Sources close to Eriksson, however, said the 70-year-old had yet to make a decision on whether to accept the offer.

Iraq are due to play in next year's Asian Cup finals, 12 years after claiming their sole continental title.

_102733626_gettyimages-458775387.jpg

Faouzi Benzarti returns as Tunisia's new national coach.

The 68-year-old Tunisian has been working as coach of African club champions Wydad Casablanca in Morocco.

He succeeds Nabil Maaloul who left the post after Tunisia's early exit from the Russia World Cup.

Faouzi Benzarti returns to a position which he has filled on three previous occasions, having first taken charge of the side during the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations.

He then guided the Carthage Eagles from November 2009 until June 2010, taking Tunisia to the 2010 Nations Cup, and for a short period in January 2011.

Known for his short temper, Benzarti only returned from a lengthy ban in December 2016.

It followed a touchline brawl when he was coach of Etoile du Sahel during a match with rivals Esperance.

22 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

He doesn't know the Mexican league and players like La Volpe or Tuca.

This point is so important in a national team in my opinion. Unless you're one of the world powers like France or Germany, I feel its a must to know the domestic league and the players within it. Whenever I hear Bielsa linked to the national team, I hate it because he doesn't recognize our players. I prefer someone who has managed here like Sampaoli and Gareca was an example.

With the likes of France and Germany, they are more universally known, but its still important to have a full depth knowledge of the football culture there.

• 9 months later...

Iran close to announcing former Belgium World Cup boss as their new head coach 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFvFNubZ4EkupE5xeoSDq

According to Belgian news outlet RTBF.be, Mehdi Taj, the president of the Football Federation of Iran (FFIRI), travelled to Turkey a few days ago to meet the agents of the Belgian coach who was last attached with African side Cote D’Ivoire.

• 5 months later...

Now that's a proper free kick. :x  

Fun Fact: Mexico has never lost to Brazil in a final. - 1996 Copa Oro - 1999 Confederations Cup - 2003 Copa Oro - 2005 U17 WC - 2012 Olympic Gold

:ay:

@El Profesor those who deny the talent of Mexico are in the same category as flat earth believers xD the only hold back is the federation itself. Forget the minnow AFC, Mexico is up there with Uruguay in the second tier behind Brazil and Argentina talent wise 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2a639c8e6a806ec54a20ce21b5778b36.png

Marcello Lippi has resigned as China manager for the second time this year after a 2-1 defeat by Syria in a 2022 World Cup qualifier in Dubai.

The Italian, 71, quit in January after a quarter-final exit at the Asian Cup but was then reappointed in May.

Thursday's defeat left China second in Asia qualifying Group A and five points behind leaders Syria.

"I was well paid and I take the full responsibility," said Lippi, who led Italy as they won the 2006 World Cup.

"I am now announcing my resignation and I will be no longer be the coach of Team China."

Former Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro took over as China boss after Lippi's January departure but lasted two games.

The Chinese Football Association (CFA) said it had "accepted" Lippi's latest resignation.

"We are really sorry that the unsatisfactory match results disappoint all Chinese fans," said a CFA statement.

"The CFA will reflect seriously to rebuild the team, and try our best in the following World Cup qualifiers."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50431473

Archived