• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

João Moutinho - Signs for Wolves for £5m

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44922630

The Portuguese revolution in the Black Country continues...

Wolves are set to sign Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho from Monaco for £5m.

The 31-year-old, who has 113 caps, is close to joining the newly promoted Premier League side on a two-year deal.

The former Porto player helped Portugal win Euro 2016 and is their third most capped player behind Cristiano Ronaldo (154) and Luis Figo (127).

He follows international team-mate Rui Patricio to Molineux and is expected to partner Ruben Neves in midfield.

Moutinho started his career with Sporting Lisbon before joining Porto in 2010, winning the Primeira Liga in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Monaco paid £21.5m to sign Moutinho in 2013 and he went on to score 11 goals in 211 games for the French club, helping them win Ligue 1 in 2017.

• Administrator

ridiculosu they're getting him for so cheap.

31 for a midfielder in his type of role isn't that old and they could easily get a good 2-3 years out of him. £5m is a pittance these days. 

• The title was changed to João Moutinho Signs for Wolves for £5m
22 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Wolves are absolutely slaying it, not a chance they're even flirting with relegation this season. 

Who do we have on the opening day? Oh yeah, Wolves. 

Make a joke about shutting the club down and I shall end you (and your offspring).

Really? Its rarely that simple the players might not gel.  I don't think they will but they certainly could go down

• Subscriber

Are we sure that price is right? Not missing any digits? How in the world have they swung that. He's not as good as he used to be but as said above he's going to offer some experience to the squad and can still do a good job when called upon. Good business by Wolves this.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Seriously, Wolves transfer business this summer is dodgy as fuck xD

Yeah, people don't read into it because we all just think "oh they're just getting good deals because of Mendes" but surely Monaco aren't letting Mourinho leave for £5m? Where are they getting the rest of the money they want from?

Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah, people don't read into it because we all just think "oh they're just getting good deals because of Mendes" but surely Monaco aren't letting Mourinho leave for £5m? Where are they getting the rest of the money they want from?

could be a lot of clauses involved - so £5m could be initial fee. Then rising to whatever based on performance/appearance/club achievements.

I know it's not usually reported like so but who knows these days?!

2 hours ago, Rick said:

5m. 5m. That's the bargain of the summer so far. 

It's up there. I'd say Rui Patricio on a free is. Great keeper for absolutely fuck all pennies, especially when you consider you paid over £60m+ for yours.

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nah I don't reckon you're over thinking it. I reckon their business has been dodgy as fuck. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think the Mendes element makes it dodgier tbh.

Archived