talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sacred Games

football forum

• Subscriber

Based on the acclaimed book by Vikram Chandra, Netflix's first original Hindi series Sacred Games tells the story of Sartaj Singh, a jaded cop living under the shadow of his deceased father and seeking validation from a police force he nevertheless loathes for its corruption. When Singh receives an anonymous tip-off regarding the whereabouts of Ganesh Galtonde, a notorious crime lord who has been missing for 16 years, and is told he has 25 days to save everyone in Mumbai from death, it sets the wheels in motion for a chain of events that burrows deep into India’s dark underworld.

I just watched the first episode, and I'm blown away! It's incredibly good and very captivating, I will be binging the rest of Season 1 in a while. Seriously, do yourself a favour and watch it, it has nothing to do with stereotypical Bollywood dance-and-sing movies, it's a gritty crime thriller/drama with a lot of nuances, great cast, and a captivating story.

@Mel81x @Stan @IgnisExcubitor @Asura have you seen this yet???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I haven't. Didn't even know about it but thank you! I will be giving it a watch while there's little football on xD.

Cheers.

(before anyone else mentions it, I do not star in it but I can't speak for the others :ph34r: )

Watched 5 episodes so far and yeah its pretty good and gripping. This should get Nawazuddin, who is a fantastic actor from our country all the accolades worldwide that he deserves. 

Also, good to finally see some bobs and vagene on an Indian TV show.  :drunk:

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

on 2nd episode right now.

Enjoying it but difficult with the dodgy dubbing xD 

I'm watching it in Hindi + English subtitles, it's much better!!! The English dubbing is awful xD 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm watching it in Hindi + English subtitles, it's much better!!! The English dubbing is awful xD 

yeah it's terrible xD.

Much better with Hindi. Didn't think of that xD 

I watched it on the day it released. Starts on a high note, slows in the middle and finishes with a bang. The last three episodes are brilliant. 

It's better to watch it with the original audio of Hindi+Marathi+Punjabi with English subtitles instead of the dubbed version. 

This season only covers a quarter of the book, and the makers hope that they get to do three more seasons. It also gives a nice and quick peek into Indian (political) history. 

I was largely glad with the casting, especially Pankaj Tripathi (the third father, who will have a big role to play in the future seasons). But personally, I was happy for Jitendra Joshi who plays constable Katekar and steals the show. He is a fabulous Marathi actor and a lovely man (have met him once).

Lastly, had to post this meme images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAGoAjTaWpZNydMoqR4hM

• Administrator

Just finished this. Looking forward to the next instalments whenever that is due (hopefully not long!)

Reveal hidden contents

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 00:31, Stan said:

Just finished this. Looking forward to the next instalments whenever that is due (hopefully not long!)

Hide contents

Enjoyed the Sin City/Kill Bill-esque scene where Gaitonde goes on his killing spree in prison where the screen goes blood red. Shame Anjali dies though :(

Looks like someone has a crush on Radhika Apte. Can't blame ya. Here's a short featuring her, in her most seductive form, fir you to enjoy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, Netflix are evaluating their options and the series could get cancelled.

This comes off the back of the massive metoo movement currently unfolding in the country, which has already resulted in Phantom production house (the makers' production company) getting dissolved. Also, the lead writer, Varun Grover has now been accused of sexual harassment (dating back to his college days). 

Amazon India and other film festivals have already dumped or cancelled shows of its creators over allegations. Netflix could do the same. 

• Administrator
On 11/10/2018 at 11:13, IgnisExcubitor said:

So, Netflix are evaluating their options and the series could get cancelled.

This comes off the back of the massive metoo movement currently unfolding in the country, which has already resulted in Phantom production house (the makers' production company) getting dissolved. Also, the lead writer, Varun Grover has now been accused of sexual harassment (dating back to his college days). 

Amazon India and other film festivals have already dumped or cancelled shows of its creators over allegations. Netflix could do the same. 

That's a shame but can't blame them for that decision if true.

Apparently the charges against the writer seem fake (he has provided a thorough rebuttal, his classmates - especially all the girl students- from his college have backed his claims, he has constantly stated that he is open to inquiry/investigation/and even punishment if proven wrong, the female account continues to be anonymous) but there is currently this wave of believe all women, back survivors. I have even read some tweets and posts like 'so what is he is innocent, in the larger scheme of things it doesn't matter'. 

And the fact that many companies (film, pr, media, advertising, hotel industry, etc) are sacking their employees left, right and centre on mere allegations, I can see this ending badly despite Varun Grover seeming largely innocent. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Apparently the charges against the writer seem fake (he has provided a thorough rebuttal, his classmates - especially all the girl students- from his college have backed his claims, he has constantly stated that he is open to inquiry/investigation/and even punishment if proven wrong, the female account continues to be anonymous) but there is currently this wave of believe all women, back survivors. I have even read some tweets and posts like 'so what is he is innocent, in the larger scheme of things it doesn't matter'. 

And the fact that many companies (film, pr, media, advertising, hotel industry, etc) are sacking their employees left, right and centre on mere allegations, I can see this ending badly despite Varun Grover seeming largely innocent. 

Wtf that's so fucked up. So according to them, it doesn't matter if someone's life is destroyed due to false accusations?..

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Loosely translates to : Mark your calender. Something big is going to happen in 14 days.

Most probably means trailer for season 2.

Can't wait. Season 1 was amazing. 

• 1 month later...

Nothing much to add in the new teaser, except to show the new actors added. Both Kalki and Ranveer Shorey are fantastic actors. The last man you see, Pankaj Tripathi, is one of my absolute favourites. I was glad they revealed him in the first season as the main guru. 

The tag line means: Who is the real father of this game? 

But here father implies boss. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Really looking forward to it! Loved Season 1... Hope Nawazuddin Siddiqui is in the new season as well.

You have to watch 'Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 and 2'. But don't watch it on Netflix, where they have broken the two movies into an eight part series. Apparently, it ruins the story. Watch them as two movies. 

This turned Nawaz from a bit part actor into a big star. Incidentally, it also launched Pankaj Tripathi, the man I was raving about in the previous post. It is written and directed by Anurag Kashyap, who directed Nawaz's entire storyline in Sacred Games. The two movies are  brilliant gangster flicks.

It's loosely based on the mafia and politicians of the minings states of Jharkhand and Bihar, and charts three generations. You will love them.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You have to watch 'Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 and 2'. But don't watch it on Netflix, where they have broken the two movies into an eight part series. Apparently, it ruins the story. Watch them as two movies. 

This turned Nawaz from a bit part actor into a big star. Incidentally, it also launched Pankaj Tripathi, the man I was raving about in the previous post. It is written and directed by Anurag Kashyap, who directed Nawaz's entire storyline in Sacred Games. The two movies are  brilliant gangster flicks.

It's loosely based on the mafia and politicians of the minings states of Jharkhand and Bihar, and charts three generations. You will love them.

Working on finding a proper copy with subs now... Will try to watch it tonight! :twothumbsup:

Archived