football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 07/05/2019 at 09:38, IgnisExcubitor said:

You have to watch 'Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 and 2'. But don't watch it on Netflix, where they have broken the two movies into an eight part series. Apparently, it ruins the story. Watch them as two movies. 

This turned Nawaz from a bit part actor into a big star. Incidentally, it also launched Pankaj Tripathi, the man I was raving about in the previous post. It is written and directed by Anurag Kashyap, who directed Nawaz's entire storyline in Sacred Games. The two movies are  brilliant gangster flicks.

It's loosely based on the mafia and politicians of the minings states of Jharkhand and Bihar, and charts three generations. You will love them.

A bit late but I finally found an uncensored two-part copy of this... Going to give it a watch over the weekend most likely! 

Just finished watching the new season. They had talked about finishing the book in four seasons, but I guess Netflix wasn't keen on that. So they did it in two. 

I don't wanna go into details, before others watch it. But, yes, it was understandably rushed. Still, it was done well. 

On a side note I hope Netflix solved their subtitles problems. The second episode's subs were fucked up (I needed them for the Punjabi parts). On a side note, why was 'Gandu' which means asshole translated as faggot on all the instances? 

Also, hated the idea of Ghaywan directing Sartaj's parts. At times it felt like a student director had shot those scenes. Guess Motwane preferred to control the whole thing as an executive producer instead. Shame really, cause last season you really felt Sartaj's stress, pain and anger because of Motwane's good direction. 

Not really impressed, or surprised, by Varun Grover's (lead writer) obsession in pushing certain political points (his views). He can't help it, despite himself being lynched by the SJW mob not so long ago. We here have seen how selective his comedy-group is. 

Anyways, overall it was a good series - probably one of the best to come out of this country. And it gave us memorable characters. Even this season the likes of Jojo, RAW agent Pandey(played by the talented Amruta Subhash), Shahid Khan (thought Ranvir Shorey did good with his small part) and Guruji will be remembered. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 17/08/2019 at 12:50, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just finished watching the new season. They had talked about finishing the book in four seasons, but I guess Netflix wasn't keen on that. So they did it in two. 

I don't wanna go into details, before others watch it. But, yes, it was understandably rushed. Still, it was done well. 

On a side note I hope Netflix solved their subtitles problems. The second episode's subs were fucked up (I needed them for the Punjabi parts). On a side note, why was 'Gandu' which means asshole translated as faggot on all the instances? 

Also, hated the idea of Ghaywan directing Sartaj's parts. At times it felt like a student director had shot those scenes. Guess Motwane preferred to control the whole thing as an executive producer instead. Shame really, cause last season you really felt Sartaj's stress, pain and anger because of Motwane's good direction. 

Not really impressed, or surprised, by Varun Grover's (lead writer) obsession in pushing certain political points (his views). He can't help it, despite himself being lynched by the SJW mob not so long ago. We here have seen how selective his comedy-group is. 

Anyways, overall it was a good series - probably one of the best to come out of this country. And it gave us memorable characters. Even this season the likes of Jojo, RAW agent Pandey(played by the talented Amruta Subhash), Shahid Khan (thought Ranvir Shorey did good with his small part) and Guruji will be remembered. 

Just finished watching yesterday. Loved it; and while Season 1 was probably objectively better, I personally found this one more enjoyable and it kept me glued to the screen. But that ending... Seriously??? Is that how the novel ends as well or is just a cliffhanger for the next season? 

All that I can say without spoiler tags - fucking psycho Guruji and his bunch of junkie followers. The idea of a cult/sect has always been an extremely creepy one for me; I though that this show portrayed it very well. I wonder if Osho has been an inspiration to the guru in question? 

Maybe Guruji was inspired by Osho. But Osho was nothing(I think Ma Sheela  Anand was the creepy and manipulative fuck) compared to some of the other Gurus we have (or had) in this country. My own uncle continues to worship the late Satya Sai Baba. I have read and seen sick things about him (including rapes, mass orgies, murders), though the original Sai Baba (Satya Sai Baba claimed to be his reincarnation) is like a God to us and was actually someone who worked hard for the poor. 

As for the novel, there were wholesale changes made in both seasons. As for the end

In the book Sartaj along with Anjali (she doesn't die in the book) save the city by dismantling the bomb. But the government never makes the presence of the bomb public. They quietly bury the whole thing. Sartaj gets promoted and ends up with Mary (Jojo's sis) who also doesn't die in the book. 

[\spoiler] 

Archived