talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Iker Casillas defends Liverpool’s Loris Karius

img_dsorolla_20180724-101024_imagenes_md

Football legend Iker Casillas in a matter of one week has defended Liverpool’s German goalkeeper Loris Karius twice with the hashtag #todosfallamos (we all commit errors).

This tweet bellow was Monday’s first moment where Iker defends Karius...

Translated: “Will these attacks at Loris Karius ever end? I talk about him as I would do about any other goalkeeper.  There are much worse problems in the world for fuck sake! Leave the kid in peace for once!  He’s also a person like everyone else!”

Yesterday Casillas made a second call to protect a colleague in the shape of Karius after the Liverpool keeper made another error in a pre-season game against Borussia Dortmund. This time the Real Madrid and Spain legend posted (twitter) a video of his own gaffs once again reiterating that every human makes mistakes and that it’s a part of learning which doesn’t tell the story of one’s quality.

Translated: “inside each one of us is a person. Let anyone that has never committed errors lift their hand. Learning from our errors will make us stronger and accept our human qualities.”

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think thats nice on the part of Iker. I personally dont get the attacks besides the usual "you're shit and are no good at keeping". I can't get why some people would go to the lengths they have of saying stuff related to death, etc. I suppose the trigger/instigator is that we have a 'supposed' better keeper who is getting game time soon and that is the reason for their escalating hate. But, what if Alisson turns out to be shit too? Then what? Throw him some death threats too? Ridiculous.

• Administrator

it's nice, but it also brings more light on to a situation people are already talking about.

I said in the Liverpool thread that it's probably best that he doesn't play for a while, Klopp should give him a rest - it doesn't seem that mentally Karius is there and I mean that in a confidence way - it's shot to pieces. Karius is probably better off staying off social media cos there's literally cunts everywhere who'll respond to anything anyone famous posts on their social media accounts in an attempt to be funny or 'trigger' someone. 

Casillas stating the obvious though that 'everyone makes errors'. No-one denies that. I get there's this whole 'goalkeepers union' stuff which is fine, but it's so clear to see Karius shouldn't be on a football pitch - I also understand that he probably wants to prove to himself, let alone everyone else, that he can still be good at what he does. Maybe he can in the future, but right now a football pitch in front of millions of people may not be the best place to be...

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

img_dsorolla_20180724-101024_imagenes_md

Football legend Iker Casillas in a matter of one week has defended Liverpool’s German goalkeeper Loris Karius with the hashtag #todosfallamos (we all commit errors).

This tweet bellow was Monday’s first moment where Iker defends Karius...

Translated: “Will these attacks at Loris Karius ever end? I talk about him as I would do about any other goalkeeper.  There are much worse problems in the world for fuck sake! Leave the kid in peace for once!  He’s also a person like everyone else!”

Yesterday Casillas made a second call to protect a colleague in the shape of Karius after the Liverpool keeper made another error in a pre-season game against Borussia Dortmund. This time the Real Madrid and Spain legend posted (twitter) a video of his own gaffs once again reiterating that every human makes mistakes and that it’s a part of learning which doesn’t tell the story of one’s quality.

Translated: “indide each one of us is a person. Let anyone that has never committed errors lift their hand. Learning from out errors will make us stronger and accept our human qualities.”

Fair point. Definitely I feel for Karius. He’d been solid for most of the CL campaign and had the most clean sheets in the competition from what I recall. That said I did feel he showed nerves at times, which is fine but it does explain why these things can happen. 

Probably the best thing is for people to stop talking about the whole thing tho so Loris can get on with preseason and hopefully get a loan deal where he’ll get solid minutes to put last season well and truly behind him.

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

it's nice, but it also brings more light on to a situation people are already talking about.

I said in the Liverpool thread that it's probably best that he doesn't play for a while, Klopp should give him a rest - it doesn't seem that mentally Karius is there and I mean that in a confidence way - it's shot to pieces. Karius is probably better off staying off social media cos there's literally cunts everywhere who'll respond to anything anyone famous posts on their social media accounts in an attempt to be funny or 'trigger' someone. 

Casillas stating the obvious though that 'everyone makes errors'. No-one denies that. I get there's this whole 'goalkeepers union' stuff which is fine, but it's so clear to see Karius shouldn't be on a football pitch - I also understand that he probably wants to prove to himself, let alone everyone else, that he can still be good at what he does. Maybe he can in the future, but right now a football pitch in front of millions of people may not be the best place to be...

H’s had a break of 2 months. Thats enough. The more everybody cotton wools him the more he’s going to hate it.

He’s a footballer. He’s best off playing football....

Those saying Karius should go on loan or be sold, it's not going to happen. 

Ward has gone and Mignolet has publicly been put up for sale which means Karius is our only other senior GK that can back up Alisson. 

He's going to be our #2 so it's in everyone's best interest if our own fans get behind the bloke and drag his confidence off the floor. 

Remember.....  YNWA. 

I said in the Liverpool thread that the abuse on social media is too far and I feel sorry for him in that regard. He's not helping himself though with his posts on social media. He should just keep his head down and try to improve instead of attracting so much attention to himself.

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

He'll be out of the spotlight once the season starts anyway thanks to Alisson and his record fee, but I don't agree with dropping him for friendlies as that sends out a horrible message. While it's not costing the team anything, I think it's worth letting him try to play through his bad spell and give him something positive to build on. Otherwise, the last few performances will weigh on his mind until his next appearance, which could well be a competitive match when we have no choice but to play him.

Social Media is a great platform to get quotes, first hand news (when not fake) and personal emotions from people that we probably would never read into on any other platform where an intermediate is involved like printed journalism for example due to the fact as I said, it's first hand and reduces or eliminates people being misquoted.

But the elements (element being the best way to describe the people that comment on social media) on a large scale that hound, troll and make other's lives a misery is the reason I've always criticised the platform. I know about free-speech and all that, but social media should look into a way of moderating (controlling) and eliminating permenantly those that abuse the right to comment.  We have these methods in everyday life and they should exist or be manufactured for the Internet.

The abuse Karius has recieved is proof of this and there are countless other cases I'm sure we all can cite.  This is unacceptable and nobody should be subjected to these types of personal attacks, on top of it all for practicing his profession which is aside from any human factor seeing as it's a job.

I would say Liverpool are playing him to either put Karius on a showpiece for a possible sale or loan or as has been mentioned, to boost his confidence before the season begins.

Every goalkeeper has made mistake... Look at Casillas himself posting a video montage of his gafs and for example another respected keeper of our times in the shape of Gianluigi Buffon has made countless ridiculous errors during his career for anyone that's followed his time as a professional.  It's so easy from a keyboard to do these things were one becomes personal in a manner that has no connection to the situation, but overall it's cowardly.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I said in the Liverpool thread that the abuse on social media is too far and I feel sorry for him in that regard. He's not helping himself though with his posts on social media. He should just keep his head down and try to improve instead of attracting so much attention to himself.

I agree with this & said stuff along the same lines.

Class from Iker though. Makes you remember a time where Madrid were made up of blokes like him, Raul, Morientes and other people who weren’t massive gobshites.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Good to see professionals support each other but if anymore people jump on the bandwagon it's just going to be more unnecessary attention on Karius.

It's all about timing. The first tweet was posted on the day it happened when everyone was talking about it anyway, so it was good of him to show some support. The second one was two days later when a lot of people had moved on, so could've been a bit of a misstep in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Social Media is a great platform to get quotes, first hand news (when not fake) and personal emotions from people that we probably would never read into on any other platform where an intermediate is involved like printed journalism for example due to the fact as I said, it's first hand and reduces or eliminates people being misquoted.

But the elements (element being the best way to describe the people that comment on social media) on a large scale that hound, troll and make other's lives a misery is the reason I've always criticised the platform. I know about free-speech and all that, but social media should look into a way of moderating (controlling) and eliminating permenantly those that abuse the right to comment.  We have these methods in everyday life and they should exist or be manufactured for the Internet.

The abuse Karius has recieved is proof of this and there are countless other cases I'm sure we all can cite.  This is unacceptable and nobody should be subjected to these types of personal attacks, on top of it all for practicing his profession which is aside from any human factor seeing as it's a job.

I would say Liverpool are playing him to either put Karius on a showpiece for a possible sale or loan or as has been mentioned, to boost his confidence before the season begins.

Every goalkeeper has made mistake... Look at Casillas himself posting a video montage of his gafs and for example another respected keeper of our times in the shape of Gianluigi Buffon has made countless ridiculous errors during his career for anyone that's followed his time as a professional.  It's so easy from a keyboard to do these things were one becomes personal in a manner that has no connection to the situation, but overall it's cowardly.

de Gea made a horrible one in the World Cup. One of the worst I've seen, but in reality he is one of(if not the) world's best.

You notice errors a lot more with goalkeepers than outfield players.

Archived