talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Team(s) you Support/Like/Fancy?

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no team other than Arsenal that I stick with. In France I've gone through spells of liking Lyon, Monaco and Saint-Étienne, in Italy I loved watching Torino a few years ago (under Ventura with Cerci and Immobile)...it all depends the style of the team and the players I enjoy watching.

Serie A

Napoli

Descentralizado

Universitario

Copa Peru

DIM

As for secondary sides that I like

Colombian Liga Dimayor

Atletico Nacional

A-League

Perth Glory

Argentina Primera Division

Boca Juniors

Brazilian Serie A

Atletico Mineiro

Liga MX

Monarcas Morelia

EPL

Liverpool

Canadian Premier League

For now, York 9. That could change if I get a team closer to my family though.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

You got me @Blue, had to look up York 9 as I have never heard of them. Seems they just started 2 months ago? Since they are in Ontario, why not just support Toronto FC? 

I do want Toronto FC to do well but I could never get into the MLS there and would support all Canadian teams when they did well in the NACL. Montreal in 2015, Toronto FC earlier this year. However I've always wanted Canada to have its own league. Whether it will be successful or not is up for debate, but its great that the country will finally get its own league and not have to continue merging with the USA. Even New Zealand has its own league. It needed to happen and I'm a big supporter of it.

Forge is actually closer to where my family is, so technically I don't have a team but until things change I'm going with York 9. Now to wait until all the teams are defined. I think Ontario has its teams, surely Quebec will get one. Would have to be Quebec City though because I can't see Montreal garnering interest already having the Impact and outside of Quebec City, the province is nothingness (and they want to become a country ffs)

I don't see the Canadian league working if I'm honest. No way would they generate as much revenue as the MLS does, and therefore the biggest teams in Canada are most likely going to be the ones that play in the MLS (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver). 

Wales also have their own league, but do people really care since their 2/3 biggest teams play in the English league? 

Arsenal blud fam

Borussia, just because they are the only team that give Bayern a fight in the recent times

Barcelona because I dont like Real Madrid, also like Valencia but recently I developed a good liking for Real Betis 

FC Dallas, I go to an odd game every now and then but dont follow MLS too much as I hate the format of playoffs

I dont watch Italian Football to pick a team but AC Milan doing well again would be nice 

16 minutes ago, Asura said:

Arsenal blud fam

Borussia, just because they are the only team that give Bayern a fight in the recent times

Barcelona because I dont like Real Madrid, also like Valencia but recently I developed a good liking for Real Betis 

FC Dallas, I go to an odd game every now and then but dont follow MLS too much as I hate the format of playoffs

I dont watch Italian Football to pick a team but AC Milan doing well again would be nice 

I didn't know you lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area..

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I didn't know you lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area..

I told here a couple of times, maybe you didnt see those replies of mine. Been living in the US for last 11 years and in Dallas for over 5 yrs. 

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

I told here a couple of times, maybe you didnt see those replies of mine. Been living in the US for last 11 years and in Dallas for over 5 yrs. 

Yep - Totally missed it. 

I agree with you though, MLS as a whole is so hard for me to get into. Even living in Atlanta with this young and exciting team...the league itself is dross. 

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yep - Totally missed it. 

I agree with you though, MLS as a whole is so hard for me to get into. Even living in Atlanta with this young and exciting team...the league itself is dross. 

i watch few matches on TV and used to go to the stadium a couple of years but the format is the one I hate the most about MLS. There really is no point watching the regular season as you know the 1-2 matches in knockouts decide your season's fate...

I wish they change it to regular league format and also have relegation system 

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

i watch few matches on TV and used to go to the stadium a couple of years but the format is the one I hate the most about MLS. There really is no point watching the regular season as you know the 1-2 matches in knockouts decide your season's fate...

Never happen though. Too much money involved to implement a relegation system, and American sports are centered around Playoffs. I don't like it, but I would be shocked if either of these came to fruition. 

21 minutes ago, Asura said:

It makes it more accessible to Americans. When I've explained the concept of relegation to my friends out here they think it's incredibly harsh. They also don't like the absence of playoffs in the course of a league season, although I don't understand the concept of having playoffs just for the sake of having playoffs - a league isn't a cup competition. But you tell that to people who aren't familiar with football and are more familiar with basketball, baseball, armpit eggball (jk, I like American football tbh - I just hate how the NFL matches are artificially made longer because of the breaks for ads) where playoffs are a mainstay in determining who wins... and they're like "well make it like our other leagues."

I much prefer Liga MX to MLS football. Personally, I think the quality is noticeably better just on a match to match basis. And I've got a Mexican side that's closer to me and easier to get to matches to than me driving up to the hellhole that is LA, despite me living in a different country and not being a US citizen. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It makes it more accessible to Americans. When I've explained the concept of relegation to my friends out here they think it's incredibly harsh. They also don't like the absence of playoffs in the course of a league season, although I don't understand the concept of having playoffs just for the sake of having playoffs - a league isn't a cup competition. But you tell that to people who aren't familiar with football and are more familiar with basketball, baseball, armpit eggball (jk, I like American football tbh - I just hate how the NFL matches are artificially made longer because of the breaks for ads) where playoffs are a mainstay in determining who wins... and they're like "well make it like our other leagues."

I much prefer Liga MX to MLS football. Personally, I think the quality is noticeably better just on a match to match basis. And I've got a Mexican side that's closer to me and easier to get to matches to than me driving up to the hellhole that is LA, despite me living in a different country and not being a US citizen. 

I watch more Liga MX than MLS in general, and notice on average more skill and less diving. Two things I hate about the MLS. 

France: I don't pay enough attention to really have any team I like tbh. There's barely even anyone that's a real enough rival to PSG to back, except Monaco, who are also kinda uninspiring as a club.

Germany: I quite like Dortmund because they seem to me a proper example of having a good club culture whilst also performing at a high level (until recent years), plus they have an unusual Scottish connection for a German club. I also like to see Hannover and Stuttgart do well since I had flatmates who supported them.

Italy: When I was little I liked Milan but these days I'm more interested in Roma and Napoli, since to me they go about business in an impressive way and generally put out exciting teams. 

Spain: I like Barcelona since they were one of the first teams I got really excited about when I started properly watching a lot of football, plus I really can't stand Real Madrid. Bilbao also is a really cool club in my opinion. 

Otherwise I keep an eye on Brøndby and FC København. Even though they're rivals I like for them to do well and I find them both interesting clubs - if it came to a head to head challenge I'd back Brøndby, though that hasn't really happened in the league recently. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Germany: I quite like Dortmund because they seem to me a proper example of having a good club culture whilst also performing at a high level (until recent years), plus they have an unusual Scottish connection for a German club. I also like to see Hannover and Stuttgart do well since I had flatmates who supported them.

Interestingly, there are actually quite a few connections between Scottish and German football, mostly in a form of a fan friendship or contacts between various ultra clubs. HSV have a fan friendship with Rangers, Hibs with RW Essen, St. Pauli with Celtic, Queen's Park with Wattenscheid, BVB with Celtic... We don't have an official one, but due to Rangers being "connected" to HSV, most of our fan scene leans towards Celtic, while the Scottish lad who is the "leader" of our fan club in Scotland is a FC Kilmarnock fan, who coincidentally have a fan friendship with Kaiserslautern, whom we had a big fan friendship with for years :D 

Archived