talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is Paul Scholes Suffering From….

Tourette’s?

I only ask because for years when he was a player he shunned the media, very rarely doing interviews outside of the in-house Man Utd TV station, fueling the rumour they would only air the bits that were suitable.

Since he has retired and been let off the Manchester United lease, he has become a pain in each of the managers who have replaced SAF, backsides with his constant criticisms of their work & how United play.

Today he has another dig at Jose, baiting him with “Guardiola would hate what Mourinho is doing” This after being put in his place by Jose during last season when he pointed out how poor a pundit Scholes was. Interestingly, this lead to Scholes becoming less frequent a guest on BT Sport.

The thing about football punditry is it gives you a platform to expose your own shortcomings, so it becomes a public display of weirdness, which, alas, Scholes behavior brings me to this thread question. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Or he just thinks that anyone after Fergie is useless and no-one can ever be as good as him.

Why is Jose allowed to point out how poor he thinks Scholes is as a pundit but Scholes isn't allowed to have a dig back?

Do you just not like Paul Scholes, therefore think he is weird and has 'Tourettes'?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or he just thinks that anyone after Fergie is useless and no-one can ever be as good as him.

Why is Jose allowed to point out how poor he thinks Scholes is as a pundit but Scholes isn't allowed to have a dig back?

Do you just not like Paul Scholes, therefore think he is weird and has 'Tourettes'?

His loyalty towards Mourinho is very uncanny to a point where I questioned if he was actually Term-X for a period. 

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

So from your posting can we take it you believe Scholes is right in what he has been saying as a Pundit?

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

So from your posting can we take it you believe Scholes is right in what he has been saying as a Pundit?

How did you get to that conclusion xD

Many United fans were surprised that Scholes became a pundit and have been shocked by some of his criticism. You never heard much comment from him as a player, so it was a big turn around to see him air his opinions.

On more serious note,  while I have dealt with family and friends with Autism Disorders such as Tourettee's and Aspergers, you lost me with Term X,  what is that about?

2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Many United fans were surprised that Scholes became a pundit and have been shocked by some of his criticism. You never heard much comment from him as a player, so it was a big turn around to see him air his opinions.

On more serious note,  while I have dealt with family and friends with Autism Disorders such as Tourettee's and Aspergers, you lost me with Term X,  what is that about?

Ah, United fan, much better. Why he keep digging at your managers mate?

Your latter question, dont worry..... It's who some think I am on this board   :rofl:

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Say @Dr. Gonzo Cicero thinks your someone called Term-X .

I advise you to prescribe him to run off and pick another Chelsea starting eleven that nobody is interested in  9_9

I thought Swifty was strange, but you definitely take the title as the most curious Chelsea member ever 

Not an easy feat given Swifty's notorious reputation. I sincerely applaud and congratulate you on this accomplishment. 

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ah, United fan, much better. Why he keep digging at your managers mate?

Your latter question, dont worry..... It's who some think I am on this board   :rofl:

He has had good reason to attack our managers, we were horrid under Moyes and LVG and while we have improved under Mourinho, not anywhere as much as was expected. 

Just now, Redcanuck said:

He has had good reason to attack our managers, we were horrid under Moyes and LVG and while we have improved under Mourinho, not anywhere as good as was expected. 

But is he helping? That's what I dont get. Great for us I must say.

Did you just see Jose press conference? Wow

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Chelsea fans are either sound as fuck and very knowledgeable football fans or they are complete spacks. There is no in-between. For every @Cicero you get a swifty, for every @carefreeluke you have a Terminator X, or for every @True Blue you have a @The Liquidator

And for every shepherd we have a lamb ~ Thanks for following this thread @The Rebel CRS ~ I know exactly what you are now :ay:

22 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

But is he helping? That's what I dont get. Great for us I must say.

Did you just see Jose press conference? Wow

Does it help?  Perhaps a little.  When your ex players turned pundits are saying the same thing as the fan base, I think there is a chance the powers that be at your club will take into account the criticism.  We all know they don't listen to the fans.  I would rather hear ex players give constructed criticism, than be nothing more than mouth pieces for the club.

Hard to see press conferences over here unless you go searching on the net.  The last one I saw was Jose talking about the great facilities at UCLA, how he was happy with United's full backs and he wants two more players, presumably a CB and RW.

11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Sky are now leading with his refusal to answer if he was happy with his squad, with Fred, & it could challenge for the Premier League?

So what are you saying Mate.... You want Jose out?

He has said he wants at least two new players so he can't be happy with the squad.  If United get the players he wants, I suspect he would believe they can challenge for the title.

No I don't want Jose out, but there is room for improvement.

Archived