talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

As far as I can see, only one man survived today? Panna King. It's between him and Batard then.

I also picked Chelsea 🤓🤓.

Tommy is the only other one, he is in limbo but can still live on if he manages to pick a team from the remaining fixtures before this time tomorrow.

Everyone else is out. Everton claimed most victims but there was also backing for Brighton, Crystal Palace and West Ham which has seen people fail.

• Subscriber

Update - Gameweek Four

Well, well, well. After a quiet couple of weeks it's all kicked off in Last Man Standing this weekend. Let's see how everyone did...

Casualties (17)

UnpleasantGoodAlbertosaurus-size_restric

A gameweek where many made the seemingly smart choice of some safe-looking home games from teams outside the top six ends in carnage, as only a small ragtag bunch make it safely to Gameweek Five. No less than ten contenders came unstuck as Marco Silva's Toffees could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to Huddersfield, meaning it's curtains for @Lucas, @nudge, @Cicero, @Dan, @Cannabis, @Teso dos Bichos, @DNA, @Harry, @Storts and @Bluewolf. The mess didn't stop there either, with @Viva la FCB, @Eco, @The Palace Fan and @...Dan bemoaning a Zaha-less Crystal Palace and a reinvigorated Danny Ings for their Gameweek Four casualty, Southampton upsetting the odds with a 2-0 win at Selhurst Park. It wasn't over yet, @binder let down by West Ham and @Stan by Brighton meaning that all but one of this week's casualties were eliminated simultaneously at 5pm on Saturday. @Tommy lasted just a day longer, joining the majority on the sidelines as he failed to make his pick for this set of fixtures before the final games kicked off at 4pm on Sunday.

You have all been eliminated with a score (for now) of 3 points. I will tag everyone at the beginning of the next round, which now looks like it will come sooner rather than later. As it stands we'll be headed for the Bundesliga, but if you haven't voted already please go and have your say in the poll below:

Survivors (3)

OilyAnchoredIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif

It's safety first for our three survivors who stuck with the top six home bankers to secure their spot in Gameweek Five. @RandoEFC and @Panna King had Chelsea's eventual triumph over Bournemouth to thank for their progress this time, while @Batard just managed to get his Manchester City pick in time to make it into the last three. All three contenders can now make their picks for Gameweek Five. As the fixtures come after the international break, I will tag a reminder closer to the next set of games. Remember that you cannot use a team that you have picked before. A reminder of past picks now that we're down to the last three:

@RandoEFC has used Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea

@Panna King has used Bournemouth, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea

@Batard has used Bournemouth, Leicester, Arsenal, Man City

Preview - Gameweek Five

Some very early odds for the next set of fixtures that come in two weeks' time. I will personally be making a place-holder pick but remember that you can pick one now and change it at a later date.

Tottenham (2.62) vs Liverpool (2.55)

Bournemouth (2.37) vs Leicester (3.00)

Chelsea (1.16) vs Cardiff (17.00)

Huddersfield (3.10) vs Crystal Palace (2.40)

Man City (1.10) vs Fulham (17.00)

Newcastle (4.75) vs Arsenal (1.80)

Watford (4.33) vs Man Utd (1.83)

Wolves (1.83) vs Burnley (4.50)

Everton (1.85) vs West Ham (4.00)

Southampton (2.10) vs Brighton (3.80)

The Banker - As is reflected by the odds, home games for Chelsea and Manchester City against newly-promoted opposition offer this week's obvious safety options, and reward those who haven't already relied on one of those two teams to make it this far.

Avoiding the Big Six? For those wanting (or needing) to make a pick from outside the top six this week, Sunday's games after the international break look to be a good bet, with Wolves and Everton hosting so far hapless opposition in the form of Burnley and West Ham respectively. If you fancy those in claret and blue to have regrouped by then, you could also look to Southampton on Monday night to back up this weekend's successful trip to Crystal Palace with a first home win of the season in an all-South Coast match with poor travellers Brighton.

One from left field? This is a tough one this week, but I fancy Crystal Palace as a bit of a gambler's pick this week, with Zaha likely to return to action after the international break and Huddersfield struggling to threaten their opponents' goals too much in their opening run of games.

Happy picking guys, for the time being, my pick for Gameweek Five is Wolves.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived