talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

i'm hoping my luck changes with Everton in this kind of competition. Whenever I've bet on them, they've always fucked me over (hardly 'the people's club' there?! :ph34r: ) so hopefully change of fortune here.

• Subscriber

With nobody waiting on Crystal Palace or Liverpool tomorrow, we can move onto the results from this week.

Gameweek 2 - Results

Casualties (2)

giphy.gif

In a successful week for the remaining Last Man Standing crew, only two men fell during Gameweek 2. @Bluebird Hewitt tried to go a different way to the vast majority, but loyalty got the better of him and Cardiff City failed to get the best of ten man Newcastle. Over twenty-four hours passed without any further casualties, but Sunday afternoon saw Chris Hughton take a break from running a chicken fast food empire to cover up his crystal meth distribution business, to guide Brighton to a second successive victory over Jose Mourinho and Manchester United, eliminating @JOSHBRFC from the first round of the Last Man Standing league in the process.

You are both now unfortunately out of this round of the league, scoring one point. I will tag you to alert you to the beginning of the next round when the time comes. In the meantime, we are still short of votes for which leagues we should go to after the Premier League round, so if you both, and anyone else who hasn't voted, can have your say in the thread linked below, that would be appreciated.

Survivors (23)

giphy.gif

Blue was the colour for the majority of this gameweek's survivors. Around half of the remaining contenders learned their fate in the 3pm kick-offs on Saturday. @Viva la FCB, @Panna King, @Eco, @Stan and @The Palace Fan had Everton to thank for their progress, the Toffees taking their first win of the season against Southampton. Meanwhile, over-hyped Wolves were comfortably dispatched by ten-man Leicester City, providing some much-needed respite for under-fire manager Claude Puel, and a route to the third gameweek for @Batard, @Cannabis, @Spike and @SchalkeUK. Rounding out Saturday's action, a successful return to Wembley action for Tottenham Hotspur, and a first August goal for Harry Kane delivered @Cicero and @BounceAroundTheGround safely into week 3. Onto Sunday and the easy pick of the gameweek allowed @Lucas, @RandoEFC, @nudge, @Dan, @Teso dos Bichos, @DNA, @Tommy, @binder, @Harry, @Storts, @...Dan and @Bluewolf to watch on in comfort as Sergio Aguero led Manchester City's 6-1 massacre of Huddersfield Town, taking the total number of survivors scoring at least two points this round to 23. But who will regret playing their bankers this soon?

If you have made it through the first two weeks, congratulations, you may now read ahead to the Gameweek 3 fixtures and make your next pick. Remember you can't use a team that you have used in a previous week!

Gameweek 3 - Preview

Below are your fixtures for the third gameweek, along with some odds from Bet365 to give you an idea of how well-fancied each team is to win.

Wolves (11.00) vs Man City (1.22)

Arsenal (1.36) vs West Ham (8.50)

Bournemouth (2.55) vs Everton (2.75)

Huddersfield (2.30) vs Cardiff (3.25)

Southampton (2.50) vs Leicester (2.87)

Liverpool (1.16) vs Brighton (15.00)

Watford (2.50) vs Crystal Palace (2.87)

Fulham (2.15) vs Burnley (3.60)

Newcastle (5.25) vs Chelsea (1.65)

Man Utd (2.70) vs Tottenham (2.62)

The Banker - For me, this is a fairly tricky week, so those that haven't already used them could be forgiven for going with what looks to be this week's nailed-on winner in Liverpool, as long as they have no fear over Brighton repeating their heroics from this weekend. Manchester City at Wolves and Arsenal hosting West Ham also look to be pretty safe bets.

Avoiding the Big Hitters? With Cardiff and Burnley both making stuttering starts to their Premier League campaigns, this could be a decent opportunity to back either of their gameweek 3 hosts Huddersfield or Fulham while keeping your remaining "big six" chips close to your chest. However, with neither of these teams picking a point up themselves in the first two gameweeks, backing either of these early basement boys would take some guts. Home advantage may also make Bournemouth an attractive mid-table choice as they host Everton.

An Outside Bet? In a week with several games without a clear favourite, my outside pick for the week are Leicester. The Foxes were impressive in parts of their performance in defeat to Manchester United in gameweek one, and picked up their first win of the season in gameweek two. Meanwhile, their opponents Southampton were unable to break down Burnley in their opening home game of the season, before losing to Everton this weekend.

Happy picking, folks.

My pick for Gameweek 3 is Arsenal.

• Subscriber
On 18/08/2018 at 16:06, robosys said:

Crystal Palace... insane? I know but Zaha could do it, lol B|

Sorry mate meant to reply to this earlier. Sadly you got knocked out in the first gameweek as you chose...

On 25/07/2018 at 10:42, robosys said:

I am in

Everton

... who only drew their first game.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You used Liverpool in Gameweek One - try again!

Oh well, I didn't know that you can't pick the same team twice?! Well, I'm going to be bold, and pick Arsenal this time. 

• Subscriber

I really ought to have used Leicester or Everton. Was confident both would win. Never mind.

Week three - Arsenal for me. Think Liverpool would be my most confident pick there but I'll save them. Arsenal should beat this very West Ham, West Ham side.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh well, I didn't know that you can't pick the same team twice?! Well, I'm going to be bold, and pick Arsenal this time. 

Literally in the rules of the game Tommy boy

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Do you think I read the rules?

ugh, I bet you're one of those that doesn't read all the terms and conditions on anything you sign up to as well...

Image result for ugh gif

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Literally in the rules of the game Tommy boy

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Do you think I read the rules?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

ugh, I bet you're one of those that doesn't read all the terms and conditions on anything you sign up to as well...

Image result for ugh gif

Image result for laughing out loud gif

LMFAO at Stan..... 

Formula 1 prediction league mate... 

Enough said... B|

• The topic was unpinned

Archived