talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United Sign David McGoldrick 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looked good yesterday against Inter, scored and got man of the match, looks an upgrade on Donaldson. It's on a one year deal (sensible) as he's also quite injury prone, although that's not too much of an issue as a back up striker, still on the fence about the prospect of us going for Nugent mind.

Been there and done it in the Championship, solid signing. I know we were rumoured to be chasing him, but let's be honest, if one of about 20 other clubs in the division put an offer in, we haven't a chance. 

Is King Billy still likely to be first choice this season, @DNA? I keep hearing mumblings that he could be on his way out?

18 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Been there and done it in the Championship, solid signing. I know we were rumoured to be chasing him, but let's be honest, if one of about 20 other clubs in the division put an offer in, we haven't a chance. 

Is King Billy still likely to be first choice this season, @DNA? I keep hearing mumblings that he could be on his way out?

No chance he will be first choice tbh.. but I can still see a role for him as an impact sub, even towards the end of last season when he had truly lost his place, he looked better coming on than starting games and at his age I'd say that should suit him. It's a long season, squad needs depth, regardless of new signings & links, dressing room needs it's leaders, Wilder knows that better than anyone.

Archived