talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NCAA College Football 2018/19

football forum

giphy.gif

Let's get it @Teso dos Bichos. One thing we both have in common is bleeding Crimson, and as of today, this wonderful sport will begin in ONE MONTH. 

Saturday, August 25, 2018
Duquesne at UMASS
Praririe View  at Rice
Hawai'i at Colorado State
Wyoming at New Mexico State

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Eco said:

giphy.gif

Let's get it @Teso dos Bichos. One thing we both have in common is bleeding Crimson, and as of today, this wonderful sport will begin in ONE MONTH. 

Saturday, August 25, 2018
Duquesne at UMASS
Praririe View  at Rice
Hawai'i at Colorado State
Wyoming at New Mexico State

Is your favoute sport football or american football?

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is your favoute sport football or american football?

Too close to call. I don't watch the NFL so I am torn between Soccer (Football) and College (American) Football. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Too close to call. I don't watch the NFL so I am torn between Soccer (Football) and College (American) Football. 

Never ever call it soccer on here bud :D

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yes Lawd!! One more month left till the start of the season! Number 17 is coming to T-town! 

@Eco we dodged a bullet, Najee Harris was ready to transfer when he went home to Cali this summer but his HS coach and Nick saban talked some since to him. Start Tua please!

O.o We are going for #18.....

Tua will start unless his injury is worse than suspected. Mac might even be the backup after Jalen's passing has literally gotten so bad it's embarrassing. 

I love when start the year with the UCS's, FSU's, and Michigan's, so starting with Louisville this year and Duke next year, they won't be quite as exciting. 

23 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I meant number 18 😂 if jalen doesn't start, he will transfer according to his dad.

The defensive line this year (like always) will be damn good 

The only massive weakness with us is our secondary. We got 5 f*in players drafted last year so it'll be all new. 

Huge news coming from Columbus, OH. Urban Meyer has been placed on Administrative Leave after reports are surfacing that his face knew about the assistant coaches hobby of beating the shit out of his wife. Listening to ESPN today, they interviewed Ex-Buckeye Joey Galloway who said something along the lines of, 'I'd be shocked if he survives this'. 

I'm not a Buckeye fan, and definitely not an Urban Meyer fan, but the wife and my in-laws are all for Columbus and there is definitely a sense of dread with this report coming out within a month and a half of the season starting. 

Buckeyes first game is in Columbus on September 1 against Oregon State Beavers

• Subscriber

I love College football - Saturday's are just class, go to Spurs, come back and then just watch hours and hours of the stuff. Best time of year is September-February for sport.

Go Green

10 hours ago, Storts said:

I love College football - Saturday's are just class, go to Spurs, come back and then just watch hours and hours of the stuff. Best time of year is September-February for sport.

Go Green

What's your team...Bowling Green? 

Oh, and I'll just leave this here..RMFT

Amway Coaches Poll: Alabama in familiar spot at No. 1 in the preseason poll

USA TODAY

Alabama, the premier program in college football over the past decade, will begin the 2018 campaign in a familiar position at the top of the Amway Coaches Poll.

The Crimson Tide, fresh off their fifth national championship of coach Nick Saban’s tenure in Tuscaloosa, were voted No. 1 by 61 of the 65 Football Bowl Subdivision coaches on this season’s panel. Though Alabama didn’t quite go wire-to-wire at No. 1 a year ago, the Tide started at the top and got back to the top spot when it mattered.

This is third consecutive season Alabama has started at No. 1 and fifth time since 2010.

They’ve played in the College Football Playoff final in each of the last three years and are strong candidates to make it four in a row.

Other familiar names are expected to be Crimson Tide’s main challengers this fall. Clemson, the 2016 champion and a participant in the last three playoffs, will open at No. 2 in the poll. The Tigers received three first-place votes.

The final No. 1 nod went to Ohio State, which will open the season in the No. 3 spot. The status of coach Urban Meyer is uncertain as the school placed him on administrative leave while it is investigating his possible knowledge of alleged abuse by a former assistant.

The Buckeyes head a crowded field of Big Ten contenders, as the league placed five teams in the top 14 of the preseason rankings. 

The remaining two playoff participants from last year round out the preseason top five. Georgia, which fell to the Tide in the overtime thriller of a title game, opens at No. 4. The Tide and Bulldogs head a group of five SEC squads in the Top 25. The Big 12 also has five ranked members headed by No. 5 Oklahoma, though the next highest one is TCU at No. 16.

The other power conferences are well-represented in the poll as well. The ACC will begin with four members ranked headed by Clemson and No. 8 Miami (Fla.), and the Pac-12 features three top-25 schools led by No. 6 Washington.

That leaves just three spots for independents and Group of Five league members. No. 11 Notre Dame holds one of those positions. Mountain West favorite Boise State checks in at No. 22. No. 23 Central Florida, coming off an undefeated campaign with an American Athletic Conference title and a major bowl win, will have its first preseason ranking in the program’s short history.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/02/amway-coaches-poll-alabama-again-no-1-preseason-poll/887674002/

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

I have two... Michigan State hence the Go Green and Washington 

Ha - gotcha. There are about 170 teams in college football so I just guessed the team with 'Green' in the name (Bowling Green). 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha - gotcha. There are about 170 teams in college football so I just guessed the team with 'Green' in the name (Bowling Green). 

😂 Fair enough

I don't even think people that go to Bowling Green support them 

Just now, Storts said:

😂 Fair enough

I don't even think people that go to Bowling Green support them 

Haha - Funny you say that, my best friend's father-in-law was a punter at Bowling Green, and goes to 5-6 games a year despite living in Metro-Atlanta. 😄

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Haha - Funny you say that, my best friend's father-in-law was a punter at Bowling Green, and goes to 5-6 games a year despite living in Metro-Atlanta. 😄

Former players excepted then 😉

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@Eco

From what I've read and heard on the radio talk shows, Jalen will start but Tua will end up being the starter, which I believe it's best for the team. Although Jalen promised saban he would stick around, if he chose to transfer, he could start for any school unlike Tua who would have to sit out a year. 

Will he have graduated? That's the only way a player doesn't have to sit out a year. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Teso dos Bichos

That isn't a surprise. This happened last year during scrimmage where everyone was saying how much better of a passer Tua was over Jalen...but Jalen being the SEC offensive POY his FRESHMAN year was something Saban couldn't afford to bench. 

It's simple math to me, work to keep both, use Jalen on 3rd down and shorts, and put him in on our trick plays. Tua deserves to start because he gives us the best chance to win. 

7 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly outperforms Jalen Hurts during Alabama’s first scrimmage

The Alabama quarterback competition may have a clear favorite soon. In fact, the Crimson Tide’s first scrimmage potentially already created one.

On Saturday, Tua Tagovailoa threw three touchdowns and had no interceptions while Jalen Hurts had three interceptions and accounted for no touchdowns, according to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz. Alabama doesn’t allow media to watch scrimmages, but reporters receive some information.

Tagovailoa’s first touchdown pass went to sophomore wide receiver Jerry Jeudy. He later threw touchdown passes to freshman wide receiver Tyrell Shavers and sophomore tight end Kedrick James.

Al.com

Also, watch out for Juedy. That kid can fly. @Teso dos Bichos, if you are bored and high as a kite, you need to watch some of his highlights from high school. UNREAL

• 2 weeks later...

Aright, college football starts this week!

Here is the schedule for the top 25 teams 

Friday, August 31
Utah State at #11 Michigan State 
Western Kentucky at #4 Wisconsin
San Diego State at #13 Stanford

Saturday, September 1
Oregon State at #5 Ohio State
Florida Atlantic at #7 Oklahoma
Southern at #16 TCU
#23 Texas at Maryland
Furman at #2 Clemson
Austin Peay at #3 Georgia