• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NCAA College Football 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

My heart stopped beating when tua went down!! Vintage saban game!!even though the game was already over he still worried about silly mistakes. 

The offense was on point but can the young defence handle the brutal schedule of the SEC? The only games bama will be challenge will be that other team  from the plains and georgia (sec championship)

Hahahaha butch jones left Tenn in terrible shape, embarrassing L versus WV!! 

@Eco the U versus LSWho today, who you got?

I hope Miami pounds them. I hate LSU, and I respect Mark Richt. 

We could have scored 100 if Tua was able to keep the foot on the gas. He was unreal last night leading the offense and his first TD pass was sexy as hell. 

I was also worried when he went down for some time, however, he's clearly fine as he continue to make Louisville's Defense look like Swiss Cheese. 

Also great to see Jacobs do so well. 

Waddle was the Freshman of the game. Dude was amazing catching and returning kicks. 

WEEK 2 TOP 25 SCHEDULE

Friday, September 7
#16 TCU at SMU

Saturday, September 8
New Mexico at #5 Wisconsin
#18 Mississippi State at Kansas State
Western Michigan at #21 Michigan
UCLA at #6 Oklahoma
William & Mary at #12 Va Tech
Portland State at #23 Oregon
Arkansas State at #1 Alabama
#3 Georgia at #24 South Carolina
Rutgers at #4 Ohio State
Ball State at #8 Notre Dame
North Dakota at #9 Washington
Youngstown State at #14 West Virginia
South Carolina State at #19 UCF
Savannah State at #22 Miami
#2 Clemson at Texas A&M
SE Louisiana at #11 LSU
Alabama State at #7 Auburn
Kentucky at #25 Florida
#13 Penn State at Pittsburgh
#17 USC at #10 Stanford
#15 Michigan State at Arizona State

• 3 months later...
On 31/12/2018 at 09:55, José said:

Oklahoma and Murray can have the fucking Heisman, Tua proved who the better QB was and that's why we heading to the ship yet again. 

Alabama 35 Clemson 28 

Murray is a hell of a QB. The thing that hurts Murray is that he has NO DEFENSE on his team. You exchange QB's and give us Murray and them Tua, and we win by more than 2 scores....Easily. 

Kudos to Murray as he is an incredible athlete. But I'm ready for Clemson (again). 

On 03/01/2019 at 10:10, José said:

Maybe but Tua is the better QB. the OU team and media disrespected the Alabama defense and you could tell they we're out to make a statement. Clemson vs Alabama will be another epic game but I got faith that the GOAT Saban will have the team ready. 

BTW , have you seen the new class? Once again bama picks up the best RB , the dynasty will continue. 

Yeah - I'll take Tua over anyone, but Oklahoma's defense was/is garbage. 

Well, tonight is the night. 

Clemson vs Alabama Round 4. 

Should be a great game. Their defense line is better, but barely, and I think we have the advantage on everything else. Maybe kicker, but I don't know there kicker and ours isn't as bad as it has been in years past. 

I would say Bama has the better: Coach, QB, O-line, RBs, WRs, Secondary, LB, Depth. 

I think we win 38-24. 

1 minute ago, José said:

:( still grieving but your kind words certainly help @Storts yeah sunshine is something else. The only team that comes close to Alabama is Clemson and they finally gave Alabama a proper challenge(sorry georgia) and our weakness of zero proper depth on the DL and a lack of a pass rusher cost us. We will be back next year as favorite but the OL and DL need addressing.

One thing I will give Clemson over Alabama is managing to keep a key assistant around for years  instead of having to replace several positions because schools rather take a risk with Alabama assistant(s) because of saban, first year offensive c. Will be Maryland's new head coach and joins the list of head coaches that started at alabama.

Roll Tide and congratulations clemson. (The Clemson coach played for Alabama and is from Alabama so naturally he will be a favorite to take over saban (hopefully not soon) 

We certainly didn't deserve it this year. The amount of mental errors we made in the UGA game, Oklahoma game, and last night are astounding. How is it that we keep getting to the 1" line and jump offisde? Very unusual for a Saban team. 

Clemson are the early favorites next year. Ross, their WR from Alabama, is insane, and Lawrence is the real deal. We need to get tool and get our asses handed to us for 12 months so that we can play them again in the Natty. 

Roll Tide. 

• 6 months later...
On 27/07/2019 at 09:30, Teso dos Bichos said:

This thread has so much potential but only eco and every once in a while Nicholas would contribute. After 17years in Alabama and 1 in Florida, college football has become the number one sport for me. One more month and the wait is OVER!! Florida versus Miami to kick it off but once again the alabama crimson tide will continue its dynasty. Four players on the watch list for the player of the year (nfl experts are picking Tua and Jeudy to be the first two players picked on most mock drafts) Harris will finally get the touches a number one rb like him deserves and the top rb of this past recruiting season (sanders) will make Tua's job easier. Sarkisian returns as offensive coordinator (fuck him) but if saban trusts him who cares. 

Roll damn tide 

Yeah - of course you know I went to Alabama, and i'll be honest, football is slowly losing it's esteem. The issues they have with minorities in the NFL, the whole concussion issue, and the fact that watching Alabama football (until LSU) is like watching PSG, it's not fun and there really isn't any competition. 

With that being said, I'll still watch it like crazy, and I have suite tickets to our game against Duke, but I think CFB is slowly losing it's appeal to me, whereas soccer has overtaken it as my favorite sport, with the NBA catching quickly. 

Week 1 Schedule 
Saturday, August 24
Miami at Florida 
Arizona at Hawaii

Thursday, August 29
UCLA at Cincinnati
GA Tech at Clemson
Utah at BYU

Friday, August 30
Wisconsin at South Florida
Colorado at Colorado State
Oklahoma State at Oregon State

Saturday, August 31
Ole Miss at Memphis
South Carolina at North Carolina
Duke vs Alabama
Northwestern at Stanford
Va Tech at Boston College
Boise State vs FSU
Georgia at Vanderbilt
Oregon vs Auburn

Sunday, September 1
Houston at Oklahoma

Monday, September 2
Notre Dame at Louisville

Just now, Stick With Azeem said:

Is college football bigger than NFL ?

Only in the southeast. 

As a whole? Not even close as the NFL is the most popular and profitable league in the world. 

• 2 months later...

California Fair Pay To Play Act might cause domino effect 

A long-standing debate in college athletics has been whether or not its athletes should be paid, and the NCAA has a history of bringing the hammer down on athletes and universities that have been found to violate the rules regarding this issue.

Just last week, a step was taken in the direction of what could be a foundational moment for the future of college sports and the athletes who partake in them.

California Governor Gavin Newsom signed a bill that will allow student athletes to be entitled to compensation based off the use of their name, likeness and image. The bill will not go into effect until 2023 and will also allow athletes to hire agents.

The passing of this bill did not come without resistance from the NCAA. Before Newsom signed the bill, the Los Angeles Times reported he received a letter from the NCAA that detailed their concerns.

They want to preserve the integrity of college athletics and want to prevent it from becoming a professional atmosphere such as the NFL or NBA, the letter said. The letter also addressed the head start California would have when it comes to recruiting three years from now once the bill goes into effect.

This could be the beginning of a domino effect, as Florida has subsequently seen two different representatives filing bills similar to the one passed in California. 

Statenews.com

Mitt romney is a strong supporter of this. 

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yes sir !!and the ar too, only when we tenn that calls for shooting a few rounds for the fuck of it . Got me 5 oz of raw purple and some bad ass dank to celebrate the ass whoopin tenn has coming their way 

I have never fired a gun nor smoked weed, but I'm with you on the stogie, plus add some nice vodka and I'm ready to go. 

28 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah the tide isn't looking too good. 

Nope. Their hasn't been many moments this year where I thought this was a championship caliber team. 

Today included. 

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Nick saban remains undefeated against his ex assistants turn head coaches B| tenn always wanted Gruden instead of Jeremy but John gruden doesnt want to commit to a college football program, it's way more demanding than a nfl team. 

Yeah - but outside of Kirby, are any of his old assistants any good? UT is just awful, and that game was closer than it should have been. Thank goodness we are starting to get a pass rush, because outside of that, last night was troublesome. 

Hopefully Tua has no setbacks and will be ready for LSU

Archived