• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Drinkwater - Linked With Crystal Palace

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Linked with a move to Palace. Surely has to go down as the most pointless transfer in history on our part. Probably the most cost ineffective. 

Thoughts @The Palace Fan

I think it would be a good signing. He would add much needed experience to the middle of the park and over time would be well thought of. Somebody who would grow in to the club, a bit like James Tomkins has done.

Kouyate seems to be our first choice central midfield signing though which im also happy about.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it would be a good signing. He would add much needed experience to the middle of the park and over time would be well thought of. Somebody who would grow in to the club, a bit like James Tomkins has done.

Kouyate seems to be our first choice central midfield signing though which im also happy about.

will be guaranteed to bag a goal against us. 

Sold Chalobah and bought Drinkwater, nothing against him but a player we had in a much younger version. Plus we will never get 35 mill for him, 25 mill at best. I'd rather keep him than Cesc but it seem's he will play in a free role with Kante and Jorginho.

Just now, True Blue said:

Sold Chalobah and bought Drinkwater, nothing against him but a player we had in a much younger version. Plus we will never get 35 mill for him, 25 mill at best. I'd rather keep him than Cesc but it seem's he will play in a free role with Kante and Jorginho.

I'd keep Cesc if it meant he'd be at most an impact player or off the bench player. 

Golovin looks likely to be off to Monaco. Hoping we have another one lined up because I do not trust injury prone Barkley to lead our midfield attack 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd keep Cesc if it meant he'd be at most an impact player or off the bench player. 

Golovin looks likely to be off to Monaco. Hoping we have another one lined up because I do not trust injury prone Barkley to lead our midfield attack 

Played the 90' against Perth, even tough it means nothing i think Sarri could even start him in a free midfield role with Jorginho and Kante saving his arse. He made some good passes but lost the ball and gave it away in dangerous positions. If we played any other side we would concede he is piss poor even for a bench player.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Played the 90' against Perth, even tough it means nothing i think Sarri could even start him in a free midfield role with Jorginho and Kante saving his arse. He made some good passes but lost the ball and gave it away in dangerous positions. If we played any other side we would concede he is piss poor even for a bench player.

He'd also come in handy against the clubs that will likely park the bus against us next season. 

I'd seriously be happy with another midfielder, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Fabregas, and Bakayoko. 

Just now, Cicero said:

You can only hope. Odoi just got a 5 year contract on Sarri's request, so who knows? 

In a 4-3-3 he would be crucial for a long season, he could play in all the cups plus all the easier Europa League games some great experience.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

In a 4-3-3 he would be crucial for a long season, he could play in all the cups plus all the easier Europa League games some great experience.

Will he be contempt with a squad role though? Given that he was allegedly stating he wants first team football. 

Truth of the matter is, as good as Reuben Loftus-Cheek is technically, his end product is very much left to be desired to lead our midfield. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Will he be contempt with a squad role though? Given that he was allegedly stating he wants first team football. 

Truth of the matter is, as good as Reuben Loftus-Cheek is technically, his end product is very much left to be desired to lead our midfield. 

Won't start that is for sure, oh well we have less than two weeks to signs players.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Short of loaning him out to a side that's looking to compete for the top 4, you're never really going to know if he's going to be good enough to perform at the standard expected of him until he's been tested at that level. Can see some value in holding off on signing another midfielder in January and letting Sarri have a better first hand glimpse of what he's got.

Having said that, that's a lot less safe for him. But playing it safe is part of how Chelsea have established a culture of never progressing their youth players & routinely facing conservative and dull football.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Short of loaning him out to a side that's looking to compete for the top 4, you're never really going to know if he's going to be good enough to perform at the standard expected of him until he's been tested at that level. Can see some value in holding off on signing another midfielder in January and letting Sarri have a better first hand glimpse of what he's got.

Having said that, that's a lot less safe for him. But playing it safe is part of how Chelsea have established a culture of never progressing their youth players & routinely facing conservative and dull football.

He's looked good at Palace, but his end product is no where near good enough to start for us. Given that he wants to play every week if those quotes are true, what would be better? Having another loan spell where he would get guaranteed playing time, or staying with us where Sarri can figure him out, promise to use him in the Europa League games and Cup games until Sarri feels he could actually potentially start for us? All of this hypothetical obviously. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Based on last season I think our entire team is.

Beat me to that xD

I think he's a good midfielder but possibly on the decline now. We sold him at the right time. I wouldn't sign him back now.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

We keep getting linked with Loftus-Cheek. I hope we make a bid.

I don't think he will suit you to be honest. I'm a massive fan of the bloke but his vision, passing, technical ability possibly isn't on the same wave length as the style you play.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

This guy is still here and available ladies and gents.

You know as well as I do he isn't going anywhere. This bloke is more than contempt with sitting on the bench and earning 100kpw for the remainder of his contract. 

Shame really as he'd do a job for most mid table clubs. 

• The topic was locked

Archived