talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kaiser - The Greatest Footballer Never To Play Football

football forum

• Subscriber

There is a podcast I listen to (The Totally Football Show) on Spotify, and last night I listened to their latest episode, where they had in a team of researchers who travelled to Brazil to research the story of Carlos Henrique Raposo (or Carlos Kaiser), who holds the records for the most number of clubs he has been contracted to, and the longest football "career" without making a single appearance.

His Wikipedia page gives some insight into the story so I won't waffle on, but some of the tidbits that came up in the podcast episode were really funny and barely believable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Kaiser_(footballer)

He is essentially one of the greatest con men to ever live. Definitely worth a little read/listen, the film is out over the next month or so at some independent cinemas in the UK, and I will certainly be giving the book a read when it is published later this year.

Anyone heard about this one before?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Breathes new meaning to the phrase "stealing a living". I'll give it a look if it comes out here.

Back on topic, whenever I hear the word Kaiser in football I am reminded of these.

10511.jpg?imwidth=768

Tagging @El Profesor who might have more info on the same.

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There is a podcast I listen to (The Totally Football Show) on Spotify, and last night I listened to their latest episode, where they had in a team of researchers who travelled to Brazil to research the story of Carlos Henrique Raposo (or Carlos Kaiser), who holds the records for the most number of clubs he has been contracted to, and the longest football "career" without making a single appearance.

His Wikipedia page gives some insight into the story so I won't waffle on, but some of the tidbits that came up in the podcast episode were really funny and barely believable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Kaiser_(footballer)

He is essentially one of the greatest con men to ever live. Definitely worth a little read/listen, the film is out over the next month or so at some independent cinemas in the UK, and I will certainly be giving the book a read when it is published later this year.

Anyone heard about this one before?

There´s a great article on FourFourTwo about him. It was published this week. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/confessions-carlos-kaiser-footballs-biggest-conman?utm_campaign=featurekaiser&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=editorial_organic&utm_content=stillimage

It´s a hilarious story and it reflects a bit of the atmosphere of folklore and fun that Rio´s teams had. Guys like Renato Gaúcho, Ricardo Rocha, Romário, they were stars, but they lived life to the fullest and have some great stories. It´s a shame the non-brazilian public  rarely have access to those stories, because of the language barrier. They´re really funny.

Here´s the trailer of the documentary: 

Archived