talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Green Joins Chelsea

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know why you'd go with Robert Green over some kid being 3rd string... but whatever. A bit funny though that he can now say he's a Chelsea player, as he's totally dogshite.

Won't be doing that kid any favors sitting on the bench never playing football. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Won't be doing that kid any favors sitting on the bench never playing football. 

Potential kid can still play in the reserves or for the youth side though - it's not like the 3rd choice keeper makes regular appearances on the bench either. But it's your third choice keeper, they're really there only in case of the most dire emergencies. Having said that, if you ever do have to rely on Green you're totally fucked. But any side that's starting their 3rd choice keeper is fucked... so that's normal.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Potential kid can still play in the reserves or for the youth side though - it's not like the 3rd choice keeper makes regular appearances on the bench either. But it's your third choice keeper, they're really there only in case of the most dire emergencies. Having said that, if you ever do have to rely on Green you're totally fucked. But any side that's starting their 3rd choice keeper is fucked... so that's normal.

Can we register a kid at the youth/reserves as our 3rd keeper for the season though? 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Can we register a kid at the youth/reserves as our 3rd keeper for the season though? 

That's a good question, I have no idea. We'd probably need someone addicted to FM to answer that.

Anyone get the feeling of Deja vu??? 

This is a strange one indeed... more stop gap buying just like last season... 

Get Jorginho and things are looking up, then like the roller coaster that Chelsea are we suddenly find ourselves plummeting downward at an ungodly speed... Being attached to just about everyone pre season only for them to fall one by one to the wayside as the days tick away and another failure in the transfer window beckons... Golovin who we were heavily linked with for ages looks like he will be heading to Monaco instead... so on and so forth.. 

Apparently Sarri doesn't give a toss about the transfer market and has stated he will work with what ever players he has available so at least we shouldn't be expecting him to be moaning and groaning about it later in the season if we end up with another load of bargain bucket buys... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone get the feeling of Deja vu??? 

This is a strange one indeed... more stop gap buying just like last season... 

Get Jorginho and things are looking up, then like the roller coaster that Chelsea are we suddenly find ourselves plummeting downward at an ungodly speed... Being attached to just about everyone pre season only for them to fall one by one to the wayside as the days tick away and another failure in the transfer window beckons... Golovin who we were heavily linked with for ages looks like he will be heading to Monaco instead... so on and so forth.. 

Apparently Sarri doesn't give a toss about the transfer market and has stated he will work with what ever players he has available so at least we shouldn't be expecting him to be moaning and groaning about it later in the season if we end up with another load of bargain bucket buys... 

Given how late Sarri came in at Chelsea, he might just want to see what he can do with the current squad before he makes suggestions on who to sign. I pretty strongly believe that Chelsea signing Jorginho was hugely down to Sarri - he was their most important player at Napoli, if you want anything like last years Napoli at Chelsea then you either need a Jorginho clone or the player himself. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Given how late Sarri came in at Chelsea, he might just want to see what he can do with the current squad before he makes suggestions on who to sign. I pretty strongly believe that Chelsea signing Jorginho was hugely down to Sarri - he was their most important player at Napoli, if you want anything like last years Napoli at Chelsea then you either need a Jorginho clone or the player himself. 

I don't think it's an entirely bad thing if we don't bring any big names in, only it will irk me if we have been dabbling for players out there and not getting those players across the finish line so to speak due to incompetence... If we don't get any more players in then I will be keen to see what Sarri can do with the team and players he has already... Normally a new manager/coach has some positive impact early on with fresh ideas and gets the players motivation up and that should not be too hard to achieve given how things went for us last season.. 

A more attacking style would be a breath of fresh air in itself.. 

Archived