• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Cheikhou Kouyate Signs for Crystal Palace

Recommended Posts

I said in the Antonio thread I would like to see this happen as ten million seems like a fair enough outlay for somebody who would suit the way he would play.

I don't have any qualms signing West Ham rejects. These players didn't do themsleves a disservice at Upton Park and I reckon they'll suit our team more. It would be ironic if we finish above them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That'd be a great coup for you. Proper bolster your midfield along with Milivojevic. Only 28 as well, in his prime.

Would he leave West Ham though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2018 at 18:50, Stan said:

That'd be a great coup for you. Proper bolster your midfield along with Milivojevic. Only 28 as well, in his prime.

Would he leave West Ham though? 

Due to their spending they're willing to listen to offers for Kouyate, Obiang, Oxford and Antonio. The fans don't seem particularly pleased but they will all lose value if they're not playing so it makes sense to sell now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't West Ham have about 40 senior players now anyway? Need to get rid of some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Ham fans would have paid for his Uber from Stratford to Croydon by all accounts. Not seen any that I know say that they’re sad to see him go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

West Ham fans would have paid for his Uber from Stratford to Croydon by all accounts. Not seen any that I know say that they’re sad to see him go. 

It's because he doesn't play the West Ham way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness to them it’s nothing to do with that - they used to really like him but they say he got lazy and disinterested. Nobody likes a player that doesn’t seem to be trying but that’s the stage it got to for them with Kouyate. Hopefully he raises his effort levels for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably just got rid because West Ham hate African players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Storts said:

In fairness to them it’s nothing to do with that - they used to really like him but they say he got lazy and disinterested. Nobody likes a player that doesn’t seem to be trying but that’s the stage it got to for them with Kouyate. Hopefully he raises his effort levels for you 

Suits us down to the ground. There's no medium ground with this bunch. They're either the most confident team in the league or the least. 

Holloway - the least

Pulis - most confident 

Warnock- the least 

Pardew V.1 - most confident 

Pardew V.2 - the least 

Allardyce - most confident (after a very slow start)

DeBoer- eradicated from my memory 

Hodgson - most confident 

It's when Hodgson retires Kouatye will be worthless to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement