talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Heatwave

football forum

How are you all finding the heatwave?
I really like the heat but work in a kitchen and some days my uniform is covered in sweat. Also my flat back onto a hill and the heat just stays there. But I'm still enjoying it. This is probably the most consistent heat we have had in England since 2003. I'm trying to do more cycling but I do it in the evening when it is cooler and I do any workouts in the evening as well.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just enjoy cos you were all snowed in a few months ago, before you know it it'll just rain all year 

Yeah we probably wont get a summer like this for another 15 years 

49 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

If you are sitting on your arse its nice, but if you actually have to move and get on with daily life then anything over 27 is uncomfortable. 

If you guys are that sensitive how did you colonized so many humid hot places of the World ? o.O

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

If you are sitting on your arse its nice, but if you actually have to move and get on with daily life then anything over 27 is uncomfortable. 

I do love the sunny weather and we can hardly complain we have not had a good summer so far, last year was a bit hit and miss but agree with the above.. I have been having to cherry pick the work I have been doing on my garden project simply because of it.. Unless I get out there between 6am and 9am in the morning when its cooler I find myself sweating buckets.. It's a sun trap where I am working and there is no shade until gone 7pm which makes it feel you are working in an open desert... Trying to finish some stuff in the playhut as well and as you can imagine that's like an oven in there.. 

Sometimes it's a little too warm which has a tendency to make you sluggish and lazy... 

My girlfriend had a pal visiting her a couple of weeks back and travelled over to meet me so I could show them around the city for a day. I got sunburnt to fuck.

In Glasgow. 

And now she's got another pal visiting and we're doing the same again today, but at least I'll know to bring suncream now.

Complaining when it's too cold or consistently raining and complaining when it's too hot!

This is a lot better than what we get in the UK 70% of the time which is described as mild weather when it actually fact it's depressing dark grey miserable weather.

LONG MAY THIS WEATHER LAST!

Finally a proper summer...

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Complaining when it's too cold or consistently raining and complaining when it's too hot!

This is a lot better than what we get in the UK 70% of the time which is described as mild weather when it actually fact it's depressing dark grey miserable weather.

LONG MAY THIS WEATHER LAST!

Finally a proper summer...

To be fair both extremes are annoying, depends on how many Celcius we're talking about. 24 to 30C is the perfect temp imo, if you lower or higher then it's not as good.

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

To be fair both extremes are annoying, depends on how many Celcius we're talking about. 24 to 30C is the perfect temp imo, if you lower or higher then it's not as good.

Cold is bad, bad in every respect for me mate.

But as for warm to hot weather, for me the only issue is at night to sleep because of the obvious problems in that respect and at night I don't switch on the air conditioning because it's not good for you and definitely not for my son who's only 2 years old. Aside from that, I just love the hot weather to be honest.  It puts a smile on most people's faces.  The only thing I'm not a fan of is seeing men walking down a high street without a t-shirt on (topless)... For me that's a lack of class.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Cold is bad, bad in every respect for me mate.

But as for warm to hot weather, for me the only issue is at night to sleep because of the obvious problems in that respect and at night I don't switch on the air conditioning because it's not good for you and definitely not for my son who's only 2 years old. Aside from that, I just love the hot weather to be honest.  It puts a smile on most people's faces.  The only thing I'm not a fan of is seeing men walking down a high street without a t-shirt on (topless)... For me that's a lack of class.

Yeah, when i was a kid i used to like cold, could be comfortable with just a t-shirt with like 5/10c but now i kinda hate it. Regarding hot weather, up to 32c i'd say it's ok, but not higher. And as for not being able to sleep because of it and not wanting to use the AC, what you can do is take a shower just before you go to sleep, it works. :96_ok_hand:

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

And as for not being able to sleep because of it and not wanting to use the AC, what you can do is take a shower just before you go to sleep, it works. :96_ok_hand:

Yeah, I do that mate.  I take an ice cold shower before going to bed and that gets me to sleep, but I still wake up during the night sweating. xD

As mentioned earlier that taking a shower before going to bed helps sleeping in humid conditions. One thing that works for me shaving my pubic hair before going to sleep. Gives a relaxing feeling in the heat.

Sounds wierd but works for me. And im not joking

• Administrator

i had the fan on all night for the first time in this band of hot weather cos I forgot to switch it off before going to bed. woke up with such a sore throat cos it dried the air out. 

so if you plan on having AC on/fans on, don't have it on all night or for too long at full whack.

17 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

As mentioned earlier that taking a shower before going to bed helps sleeping in humid conditions. One thing that works for me shaving my pubic hair before going to sleep. Gives a relaxing feeling in the heat.

Sounds wierd but works for me. And im not joking

I've heard that someone else shaving your pubic hair for you is even better. :whistling::ph34r:

Archived