The Heatwave

football forum

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Stay hydrated my friends. Tea isn’t a good choice btw

Depends what kind of heat you're in and if your sweat can evaporate. Apparently. 

I read up very briefly on it earlier. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Stay hydrated my friends. Tea isn’t a good choice btw

Tea is a great choice, no?

Cold drinks are actually a bad choice, because your body has to work harder (while also dealing with the heat) to bring it back to body temperature after you consumed it. 

52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Cold drinks are actually a bad choice, because your body has to work harder (while also dealing with the heat) to bring it back to body temperature after you consumed it. 

That’s what I thought too, but I couldn’t find any sources for hen I searched. I was going to mention it but I didn’t want to get called out for potentially giving dangerous advice 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I think it depends on the type of tea tbh. Tea shouldn't be anyone's main source of hydration, but if you drink a lot of tea and you also drink water fairly regularly... you'll probably be avoiding dehydration.

But really the safest way to make sure you're avoiding dehydration is by drinking enough water.

On 15/10/2021 at 04:14, CaaC (John) said:

I don't like hot weather as I have mentioned in here many a time before, anything over 26/30c and I get a migraine attack, one of the reasons I had to leave Australia and return to the UK and a cooler climate, the hottest I have experienced out in Aussie land was 48c in the shade.

My mate was up mustering somewhere in central QLD and said it was hitting 52’

Huge news this isn’t it? Had @DeadLinesman sending me tonnes of photos of his head - the buckets of sweat are gross.

In all seriousness, stay safe, I know your country isn’t made for this heat, stay hydrated and don’t be a fucking idiot and hang out in the sun for too long. People do that here in these 37+ days and it’s just so dangerous. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Spike said:

My mate was up mustering somewhere in central QLD and said it was hitting 52’

Fuck that, the hottest I have experienced was 45' when I was working in Victoria, Australia on the Country Road Boards around Bendigo, and Ballarat areas, I always remember that as I was standing there with a yellow coat on and skid lid (safety hat) holding a stop sign.

They always told me when I was in Aussie land growing up, when you yawn, make sure you cover your mouth with your hand...I didn't that day, yawned and swallowed a fucking bush fly, I could feel it wriggling down my stomach.

Those bloody flies were big and horrible, yuk, I was sick as a dog and always covered my mouth when yawning after that and I even do to this day.

• Administrator

Curtains and blinds shut all day. 

Ice cold water throughout the day. 

Can't feel the heat, not sure what everyone is fussed about. 

Archived