talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Heatwave

football forum

17 hours ago, Toinho said:

Huge news this isn’t it? Had @DeadLinesman sending me tonnes of photos of his head - the buckets of sweat are gross.

Which ones are you getting??? He normally sends me pictures of the little one but I suppose you are getting the one that's above his shoulders... 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's the British climate. It cools down in the evenings...? 

Yeah but that has nothing to do with it going cloudy at 16:00 mate. 

It's the opposite at weekends, where it'll be cloudy and rain from Friday at 3pm until Sunday at 7pm, where the sun will then decide to make an appearance for an hour or 2 :ph34r:

Also it didn't cool down in the evening last night, it was actually at its hottest at around 7. It was roasting.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Screenshot_20220719-180223.jpg

Looking forward to the rain and cooler temps tonight! 

Don't mind a thunderstorm, but aware of flash flooding which is common after hot temperatures and very dry conditions. 

Down to 21 C° that's nice. It's supposed to only go down to 29 C° tonight here. :( But rain and bit milder temperatures tomorrow. It's going down to 13 C° on Friday night apparently. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Slightly related: the Germans, the British & the Americans, the Soviets, and the East Germans later on all dumped over 50000 tonnes of chemical warfare agents and even more conventional munition into the Baltic Sea during and after WWII. As time goes on, the metal shells are corroding, and all the nasty stuff gets leaked into the sea. Arsenic-containing agents like clark 1 and adamsite, sarin, tabun, sulphur mustard, hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B); you name it - we have it all, and it's been slowly leaking and poisoning the ecosystem for decades. It's a ticking time bomb. I actually know some people personally who got chemical burns after picking up white phosphorus accidentally while collecting amber on the coast after the storm.

Fucking pricks.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah but that has nothing to do with it going cloudy at 16:00 mate. 

It's the opposite at weekends, where it'll be cloudy and rain from Friday at 3pm until Sunday at 7pm, where the sun will then decide to make an appearance for an hour or 2 :ph34r:

Also it didn't cool down in the evening last night, it was actually at its hottest at around 7. It was roasting.

It's not like that every week though is it? 

Last night was an extreme occurrence. For now. 

Given the way the world is going, it sounds like these heatwaves and temperatures could become more common each year. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not like that every week though is it? 

Last night was an extreme occurrence. For now. 

Given the way the world is going, it sounds like these heatwaves and temperatures could become more common each year. 

I was just taking the piss originally as it seems to always be sunny when you have to work and shit when you aren't at work.

On the side topic of dumped historic ammo, I am fairly sure the Irish sea (the bit between Ireland & Britain) had lots of crap dumped in it after WWII.

On the heatwave.. Jeez! I shopped in t-shirt & beach shorts for the 1st time today without actually being on holiday near the sea. After walking around yesterday felt like outdoors was literally an oven. There was breeze, but I was just feeling nothing but heat wafting around.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

it’s not my first language u racist prick

Oi cunt, let’s go for a hoon and chuck some doughies at Macca’s, I just need to swing past the servo on the way to grab some durries.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Oi cunt, let’s go for a hoon and chuck some doughies at Macca’s, I just need to swing past the servo on the way to grab some durries.

Do I look like I wanna go hooning ya dopey cunt? I can’t fucking afford petrol in this economic climate ya fish faced moll. Lucky I don’t jump all over ya head for saying something so stupid.

27 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Good cure for a heatwave, a chilled bottle of wine, 2 packets of mini cheddars and a new fan just arrived from Amazon blowing beautiful cool air. :D

download.png

You’re not drinking room temp Guinness?

Archived