football forum

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/07/2018 at 05:25, Harry said:

Complaining about a heatwave.... 

Enjoy your 22 degrees 😂😂

20180727_130001.png

It's been in the 30s but has cooled down today. 

Personally I've loved this weather lately and it doesn't really bother me. The worst is all the dust on site. It's like a dry desert and surely not good for you to be breathing in such shite. 

You can play on it though and get out of jobs. I've also been leaving much earlier lately and still getting paid for the day.

Since I'm back working on a site near a tidal river, it's nice to go and chill out on there at dinner time watching oyster catchers. 

Funnily enough it only ever seems to rain when you are on your day off, such as today. 

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Wtf is your job xD

A chef mate although its not that bad today actually there is a bit of a breeze. The other day it looked like i had wiped my ass with sandpaper 

22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

We really do live in the weirdest country in the world weather wise. It was 30 degrees yesterday, calm and not a cloud in sight while today there are heavy winds, hailstone and thunderstorms.

"The rain, which had continued yesterday and last night, ceased this morning. We then proceeded, and after passing two small islands about ten miles further, stopped for the night at Piper's landing, opposite another island."

Meriwether Lewis

;)

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

"The rain, which had continued yesterday and last night, ceased this morning. We then proceeded, and after passing two small islands about ten miles further, stopped for the night at Piper's landing, opposite another island."

Meriwether Lewis

;)

Since @Gunnersauraus made this thread, it has done nothing but rain after months of dryness xD

Hopefully there is some nice heavy rain down in Kent as I'm going fishing for 5 days down there in 4 weeks tomorrow. I'm hoping there is loads of rain before I go(with the weather then miraculously improving again when I get there...) as to keep the water levels up. The lakes near me are like 3 feet shallower than they should be.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Since @Gunnersauraus made this thread, it has done nothing but rain after months of dryness xD

Hopefully there is some nice heavy rain down in Kent as I'm going fishing for 5 days down there in 4 weeks tomorrow. I'm hoping there is loads of rain before I go(with the weather then miraculously improving again when I get there...) as to keep the water levels up. The lakes near me are like 3 feet shallower than they should be.

The less water  in the lake the easier it is to find the fish! 😈

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Just now, Harry said:

The less water  in the lake the easier it is to find the fish! 😈

Talking of fish... got the back bit of the garden sorted and started work on my small pond yesterday.. drained all the water down so I could catch them and transfer them over to a smaller pond for the time being while it gets done.. Had a lilly in there that broke free from its pot and has spread all over the bottom, taken over it has.. 

19 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

We really do live in the weirdest country in the world weather wise. It was 30 degrees yesterday, calm and not a cloud in sight while today there are heavy winds, hailstone and thunderstorms.

And four months ago as we were heading into Spring, we get battered by three lots of snow.

On 27/7/2018 at 20:18, Machado said:

Pretty shitty summer in Portugal. Very rarely above 30°C so far. It looks like it will get better though, starting next Thursday or so.

DjSxUlcXsAAEwzt?format=png

May you get what you wish this coming week. I would prefer to remain in the low thirties, though.

On 29/07/2018 at 19:41, Kowabunga said:

May you get what you wish this coming week. I would prefer to remain in the low thirties, though.

48 c which is enough to cook a rare steak almost

On 27/07/2018 at 19:18, Machado said:

Pretty shitty summer in Portugal. Very rarely above 30°C so far. It looks like it will get better though, starting next Thursday or so.

Not at all mate. I thought it has been great, in the last 3 months. The hottest day was some 36.º C, back in June. Usually, in previous years, we would be sweating our asses since late April.

On 29/07/2018 at 19:41, Kowabunga said:

I fucking hate the weather in Summer, in this country.

Lisbon hit the 42.º C and Santarém 44.º C today. Saturday it seems Santarém could hit 46.º C! Fuck this shit.

46 minutes ago, ASF said:

Not at all mate. I thought it has been great, in the last 3 months. The hottest day was some 36.º C, back in June. Usually, in previous years, we would be sweating our asses since late April.

I fucking hate the weather in Summer, in this country.

Lisbon hit the 42.º C and Santarém 44.º C today. Saturday it seems Santarém could hit 46.º C! Fuck this shit.

That’s some serious heat. What’s the temperature like at night?

• Subscriber

I hate heat - I'm a cold weather person, well Spring/Autumn ideally - blue skies and sun, but not the heat.

This country just isn't suited to this weather. I don't mind it when you have a/c but I don't have it home or at work so there is no respite other than sitting in the car and pumping it up 😂

4 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

Around here, outdoor temperature hasn't been below 30ºC until 3.00 AM, that is, until 15 minutes ago

That's impossible to sleep!

I remember in Valencia it would get to 26ºC at night which was bad enough, but the humidity at that heat was the worst because even moving your eyelids made you sweat.

Archived