talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Heatwave

football forum

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so you don’t waste the effort, only the misuse of apostrophes with decades annoys me, because I see it in professional writing and documents.

Come on guys, I gave you lot a manual in the other thread and you guys can’t even follow it.

Cum on guyz 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Just so you don’t waste the effort, only the misuse of apostrophes with decades annoys me, because I see it in professional writing and documents.

Come on guys, I gave you lot a manual in the other thread and you guys can’t even follow it.

Cum on guyz 

I can’t believe some are still going with it. Must be the heat. Worst they’ve had since the 70’s.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

This time of year is ok for me at work as I get to stay in a chilled environment all the time... B|

I'd rather be outside in the sun anyway, I can keep this lovely tan that way!

I'll be straight in that garden at 16:10 in the Calvin Kleins :ph34r:.

It's 35 still but doesn't even bother me if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I do it first thing in the morning when it's cooler.

Also, it's pissing down where I am now. xD

That's sensible. I was getting at people I'd seen between 12 and 6 when it was well over 30

• Administrator

Just seen footage of some of the homes and buildings gutted following grass-fires in London :(

Wennington, Upminster, Dagenham, Croydon all affected. 

Have heard about fires in Dartford and Milton Keynes as well. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen footage of some of the homes and buildings gutted following grass-fires in London :(

Wennington, Upminster, Dagenham, Croydon all affected. 

Have heard about fires in Dartford and Milton Keynes as well. 

Last month we had some fires in East Germany. The tricky thing was, the Nazis dumped all the WWII ammunition into that particular forest. Pure fuel for the fires. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Last month we had some fires in East Germany. The tricky thing was, the Nazis dumped all the WWII ammunition into that particular forest. Pure fuel for the fires. 

Bet the allies topped it off too, making it extra dangerous. They didn’t give a fuck back then, probably a few Yankee shells with curse words scratched into them. Maybe not the East but somewhere 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Slightly related: the Germans, the British & the Americans, the Soviets, and the East Germans later on all dumped over 50000 tonnes of chemical warfare agents and even more conventional munition into the Baltic Sea during and after WWII. As time goes on, the metal shells are corroding, and all the nasty stuff gets leaked into the sea. Arsenic-containing agents like clark 1 and adamsite, sarin, tabun, sulphur mustard, hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B); you name it - we have it all, and it's been slowly leaking and poisoning the ecosystem for decades. It's a ticking time bomb. I actually know some people personally who got chemical burns after picking up white phosphorus accidentally while collecting amber on the coast after the storm.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Also why is it always sunny all day at work and then goes cloudy when you finish?

That's the British climate. It cools down in the evenings...? 

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

Slightly related: the Germans, the British & the Americans, the Soviets, and the East Germans later on all dumped over 50000 tonnes of chemical warfare agents and even more conventional munition into the Baltic Sea during and after WWII. As time goes on, the metal shells are corroding, and all the nasty stuff gets leaked into the sea. Arsenic-containing agents like clark 1 and adamsite, sarin, tabun, sulphur mustard, hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B); you name it - we have it all, and it's been slowly leaking and poisoning the ecosystem for decades. It's a ticking time bomb. I actually know some people personally who got chemical burns after picking up white phosphorus accidentally while collecting amber on the coast after the storm.

I know, it's the same in the North Sea as well. When I was in Cuxhaven, I saw a boat of an organization that are trying to clean/retrieve the mess. 

• Administrator

Screenshot_20220719-180223.jpg

Looking forward to the rain and cooler temps tonight! 

Don't mind a thunderstorm, but aware of flash flooding which is common after hot temperatures and very dry conditions. 

Archived